Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question on Workshop burrows  (Read 869 times)

zenos14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question on Workshop burrows
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:42:46 am »

Never really used burrows except for alerts but I want to try to use industry/job specific burrows to segregate my next fortress, my only question is what all should I ensure burrowed dwarves have access to to keep them happy?

I got the basics (Food, booze, bedrooms and workshops), but I'm not sure what all else they need to access

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Workshop burrows
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:34:42 am »

Meeting zones for praying/socializing. Iirc, they may leave their burrow to fulfil needs.

Also, if you leave booze out of burrow, they'll only drink it when they're dehydrating, making it last twice as long at cost to happiness.

Plan your stockpiles carefully so as to avoid cancel spam, I think?

There's a feature to restrict workshops to take only things in burrow. This can be accidentally enabled with second (w), though it can be very useful feature. Give due consideration to moody dwarves.

zenos14

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Question on Workshop burrows
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:56 am »

There's a feature to restrict workshops to take only things in burrow. This can be accidentally enabled with second (w), though it can be very useful feature. Give due consideration to moody dwarves.

That was not something I knew about, and may make what I have planned a lot easier if I just limit workshops to their own burrow and useful dwarves to a generic "Inside" burrow