Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 896867 times)

TranceProgHouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thats a known problem if you don't use the forceredrawall=1.
it has been known since twbt's first releases.

I tried "twbt redraw_all 1" and those tiles did not disappear, but I did notice a slight color change in the overall tile set.  I read that the command was to fix animations for other users, but no luck on this issue.  Not a big deal and isolated to those particular tiles for now, but any other advice is appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 09:25:21 am by TranceProgHouse »

TheHanyou

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The download keeps failing saying the File is incomplete.
https://prnt.sc/q1z50l

Anyone have a download mirror? Or can someone upload it somewhere for me?
Tried downloading on another browser & it said the file is corrupt.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

thats a known problem if you don't use the forceredrawall=1.
it has been known since twbt's first releases.

I tried "twbt redraw_all 1" and those tiles did not disappear, but I did notice a slight color change in the overall tile set.  I read that the command was to fix animations for other users, but no luck on this issue.  Not a big deal and isolated to those particular tiles for now, but any other advice is appreciated.
oh, i thought it was that those tiles failed to redraw when moving the view around.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i'm out of ideas
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Raylemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,
When I try to add any other tileset (Vettlingr) to the Meph Launcher, it crashes with this exception : "path" parameter can’t be "null".

Below the full stacktrace (sorry, my OS are in French)

System.ArgumentNullException: La valeur ne peut pas être null.
Nom du paramètre : path
   à System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   à System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   à System.Drawing.IntSecurity.UnsafeGetFullPath(String fileName)
   à System.Drawing.IntSecurity.DemandReadFileIO(String fileName)
   à System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.tilesetPreviewer.loadImage(String key, String filePath)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.tilesetPreviewer.refreshPreview(String key, String filePath)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.MainForm.cmbTileSets_Hover(Object sender, HoverEventArgs e)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.hoverComboBox.OnHover(HoverEventArgs e)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.hoverComboBox.WndProc(Message& msg)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Maybe I’ve misunderstood how to add any tileset…

I’ve put Vettlingr folder with raw and datas inside TilesetExtras\graphics (alongside Meph 32 folder), and I’ve edited the JSON file like this:

Code: [Select]
[
{
"Name":"Meph 32",
"TilesetType":"ASCII",
"ColorScheme":"DEFAULTPLUS"
},
{
"Name":"Vettlingr",
}
]

Isn’t right ?

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

Hi,
When I try to add any other tileset (Vettlingr) to the Meph Launcher, it crashes with this exception : "path" parameter can’t be "null".

Below the full stacktrace (sorry, my OS are in French)

System.ArgumentNullException: La valeur ne peut pas être null.
Nom du paramètre : path
   à System.IO.Path.GetFullPathInternal(String path)
   à System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
   à System.Drawing.IntSecurity.UnsafeGetFullPath(String fileName)
   à System.Drawing.IntSecurity.DemandReadFileIO(String fileName)
   à System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.tilesetPreviewer.loadImage(String key, String filePath)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.tilesetPreviewer.refreshPreview(String key, String filePath)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.MainForm.cmbTileSets_Hover(Object sender, HoverEventArgs e)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.hoverComboBox.OnHover(HoverEventArgs e)
   à MasterworkDwarfFortress.hoverComboBox.WndProc(Message& msg)
   à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Maybe I’ve misunderstood how to add any tileset…

I’ve put Vettlingr folder with raw and datas inside TilesetExtras\graphics (alongside Meph 32 folder), and I’ve edited the JSON file like this:

Code: [Select]
[
{
"Name":"Meph 32",
},
{
"Name":"Vettlingr",
}
]

Isn’t right ?
what a luck it doesnt autotranslate everything though :D that's always funny when using autotranslate on french websites and the chat becomes the cat instead :D
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Regu1us

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Hi,
I really like this tileset, and have used it exclusively for a long time. But there is something about it that I find annoying, which I would like to change just for me: to make constructed walls look the same as natural smoothed walls. As cool as the castle walls are, I'd like to be able to make repairs underground and still have it look nice.

Is there a way to change this in the files or something? I'm on Mac.

I tried copy pasting the smoothed wall tiles from _MDF_decorations_2.png over the respective tiles in _MDF_trees.png but this did not change anything.
Would anyone have a suggestion?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

will there be a cats extension similar to the dog one? or is it possible to add variations to cats and dogs ratber than defining each individual race? since variations are possible for bins and barrels my hope is the same is true for animals. I like the sprites for them but the list of animals explodes with all these puppies....

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also noticed something weird - when placing a bookcase or a farmers workshop in a zone (i) the sprite defaults to 240 on the main tileset png rather than meph_items or the bookcase variances. Once I clear the zone, the sprite is shown correctly though. Seems to be an issue with TWBT I assume?

Edit: My best guess is it has something to do with the tile ID. 240 is also the activity zone and the same tile ID is used for bookcases and for the upper right tile in the farming workshop. In the overrides tile 240 of the famers workshop gets moved to 156 (the bucket). however when in a zone 240 from _Meph_32x32.png gets rendered instead. Same for the bookcases. Here the original tile is also 240 and the override works as long as its not within a zone (which is impossible for the library)... pretty annoying. I would be glad for any suggestion on how to fix this.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 03:21:45 am by Novaris »

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

I fixed it in DM's tileset by swapping the locations of bookcase and activity zone overrides. Overrides work on first-come-first-serve basis.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I fixed it in DM's tileset by swapping the locations of bookcase and activity zone overrides. Overrides work on first-come-first-serve basis.
You Sir are my hero of the day, I moved the ACTIVITY_ZONE entry all the way to the end of the file and boom, bookcases and farmer workshops are as they should be!

Gutsey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

When I try to follow the links they keep giving me an error 504 gateway timed out. Does anyone have a mirror?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 04:21:52 pm by Gutsey »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

dffd is down? damn.

I'm uploading on a mirror right now.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Alternate download link

Edit:dffd seems to be back online, so you can ignore this. ;)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:12:35 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

leugimimi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

First, awesome work, both on the tileset and also the launcher. I want to replace your version of the bugfixes mod with the last version, but I can't find where it is located. Can you show me where?

darkhog

• Bay Watcher
  • JAGIELSKI is PERFECTION
    • View Profile
    • Jagielski Gaming YT channel

How long will it take you to port the tileset over once villains update hits?
I am a dwarf and I'm digging a hole. Diggy Diggy hole, diggy diggy hole.

If I say something funny, don't ask if you can sig it. Just do it (though credit me).
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 187