Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897140 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I removed them because they dont look that good, clash with the transparency feature and the dfhack command should do the same.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Unfortunately the dfhack command doesn't appear to do anything. I can see TWBT starting up and changing the title screen from various icons to text, but
Code: [Select]
twbt tilesize 24 24
doesn't cause any sort of reaction. There isn't even an error message.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Mh... Does "twbt tilesize bigger" or "smaller" give a reaction?  It should. Otherwise try zooming with your mousewheel.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not from what I can see, no. Mousewheel works, but not the commands. It's weird.

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just try twbt tilesize 24 24 or twbt tilesize 16 16 in dfhack.init see if that works, there's no reason it wouldn't unless twbt isn't on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Adventure-Mode. Anyone trying it with this tileset?

I thought about it a lot because Today adds more and more to adv-mode. I could try to make a version of the tileset that works with adv-mode, but I'd need a lot of playtesters, because I cant find my way around adv-mode and wouldnt know whats what ;)

Anyone interested?

Bapdorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

About the TWBT tilesize thing;
I also find that the commands don't do anything when I type them into the main console, but when I use the ingame dfhack viewer thing (ctrl+shift+p) then they work fine. Not sure if this is any help

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried adventure mode. It crashed pretty quickly.

Then again this modded version of DF is really hard on my computer in general, so maybe I just ran into something it couldn't handle.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Help! Trying to get the barebones version to work on my mac.

When I load my save file, it says: "FATAL ERROR data/save/region2/raw/objects/text/book_instruction.txt NOT FOUND" and quits.

I replaced all the files in the init folder. I also replaced the entire art folder. I also replaced the entire raw folder both in the main DF folder and my save folder.

Everything runs fine in the main menu (because I'm running DFHack with TWBT). Why is it looking for this book_instruction.txt file?

Thanks!

EDIT: I think it has to do with Meph's pack lacking a folder called "interaction examples"? I tried importing that from another graphics pack, but then it said I have other files missing.

EDIT: I downloaded the big pack, copied the folders from there into my Dwarf Fortress folder. This time I get a MISSING ENTITY DEFINITION.

EDIT: Okay, I finally moved the subfolders inside of raw instead of the whole raw folder, and it worked!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:18:08 am by PopTart »

Delta_02_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Absolutely love the tileset, great work :)

Is there any way to get the current version of it to work with Masterwork? Especially the different graphics for different materials like stone, flux, marbe and the like.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Absolutely love the tileset, great work :)

Is there any way to get the current version of it to work with Masterwork? Especially the different graphics for different materials like stone, flux, marbe and the like.
not really, unless you know exactly what you are doing, and update mdf to the newest version too.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

UPDATE!

Meph Tileset v3.4 - 44.12

Five new features for you: First, you get sprites for the kiln/ceramics industry. Second, tons of new TWBT fonts. Third, Vault Guardians got creature sprites! Fourth, I added the embark profiles from the LNP. Fifth, Vordaks Kobolds!

Ceramics Industry:
All ceramic items now have their own unique sprites. Fire up your kilns and try out: Crowns, Rings, Earrings, Amulets, Bracelets, Figurines, Scepters, Bricks/Blocks, Statues, Jugs and large Pots. The sprites are mostly done by Vordak, thanks again for the support. :)

This extends to the constructed walls, floors and stairs with ceramic bricks:

Menu fonts for TWBT

List of new fonts:
  - RuneSet & RuneSet-Aniron by monkeyfritz http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170011.0
  - Manuscript by monkeyfritz http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170157.0
  - Crazy88 by PigtailLlama http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=126363.0
  - Serif & Sans-Serif by Taffer http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=107924.0
  - DuererSet by HaterSkater http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=142083.0
  - VFD-Sets by Corporal_Klinger http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171134.0
  - HugoQuest by Hugo_The_Dwarf http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=171041.0
  - Wanderlust by Kynsmer http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145362.0
  - NixieGlow by Siegelord http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169209.0
  - Elian by Koumakan http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169671.0
  - Bisisam by Bisasam & Gold_Plated by DrD_AVEL from the DwarfWiki Tileset Repository: http://dwarffortresswiki.org/Tileset_repository

You can have a look at them yourself in the \TilesetExtras\Settings\TwbtFonts folder.

Installation is simple: Open the launcher and pick one from a drop-down menu; or you manually move the .png into data/art and add the new name into the data/init.txt. Meph_Embossed.png is still the default set, apart from it I can heartily recommend the GemSet font as the clearer, simpler alternative; or the Duerer set for a fancy Gothic font.

Example:
Spoiler: Duerer Set (click to show/hide)

Next bit: Angels!
A friendly reddit user that goes by El_Castillo pointed me in the right direction on how to add graphics for Angels/Vault Guardians. I had them prepared for a while, but never know how to add them. Now it works, this is the result:

Embark profiles
Several people reported that they missed the pre-set profiles that the LNP offers after they switched over to this set. Porting them is a simple matter, so here you go: All LNP embark profiles are added.

Vordaks Kobolds

Adding to has growing collection of civ sprites, Vordak made sprites for kobolds in his own style. They are now added to this pack, together with his dwarves and goblins.

Changelog:
 - Added sprites for ceramic (stoneware, earthenware, porcelain) constructions.
 - Added sprites for ceramic (stoneware, earthenware, porcelain) crafts, jugs, pots, statues and blocks.
 - Added a dozen new Font/Menu tilesets.
 - Added sprites for Angels/Vault Guardians.
 - Added Vordaks Kobold sprites.
 - Added pre-set embark profiles known from the LNP.
 - Fixed 2 launcher options: tranformation notifications and warm/damp stone notifications options.
 - Fixed wrongly-assigned sprites for war/hunting-trained grizzly bears.
 - Updated Dwarf Therapist to include newest bugfixes.

That's it for now. I finally left Turkey (whichs blocks Imgur, among other sites) and I'm back in Bulgaria where my tablet (and bike) were waiting for me. Next I'm heading into Serbia, then Romania, Moldovia, Uktraine... not sure how much time I'll have for DF, but I'll take a break starting early September. Please keep reporting issues and posting screenshots in the meantime. :)

(PS: Since this is another one of those untested updates I make because the tablet can't run 64bit DF, please let me know if this update is broken, wakes the dead or started a thermonuclear war in your area. Thank you.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 01:15:24 pm by Meph »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool  8)
Ukraine...
Best to avoid that, imo

levonhard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What's your romania route? Maye we can grab a drink and maybe your autograph :P XD

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

What's your romania route? Maye we can grab a drink and maybe your autograph :P XD
I come from Bulgaria, head into the very center by bike, up the Transfagarasan, up the Moldovenau peak, and then on towards Chisinau in Moldovia.

Ukraine...
Best to avoid that, imo
Why?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2018, 11:56:05 am by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 187