Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897396 times)

Toxica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.6 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 26th April
« Reply #1065 on: April 28, 2018, 03:46:36 am »

I am totally new to dwarf fortress, and I must say awesome pack Meph. Really helps a beginner to understand the game. I have just one issue and that is with the decorations in the workshop menu. In the launcher I have it set as active also started a new world. But for some odd reason everytime I try to place a decoration the game crashes. Any Idea what could be wrong there?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1066 on: April 28, 2018, 07:24:37 am »

RadGH: Ah... yeah, you switched the design for the constructed walls, right? I forgot about that... there are two options for it; one works atm, the other I did not add overrides for. Easy fix, but I'll have to change how the UI handles that. You can fix it by switching to the other design in the launcher.

Toxica: I've seen that behaviour a few TWBT versions ago, I hoped that mifki (the author of the plugin) fixed that. You can try to set "twbt redraw_all 0" either in the launcher, dfhack.init or the dfhack command window, that should fix it.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Toxica

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 28, 2018, 10:08:58 am »

Sadly "twbt redraw_all 0" did not fix it. Ether if I set it in the launcher to 0 or if I type it in dfhack command window.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 28, 2018, 03:22:14 pm »

Thanks Meph, that fixed it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1069 on: April 28, 2018, 03:25:10 pm »

Thanks Meph, that fixed it.
Yeah!

Sadly "twbt redraw_all 0" did not fix it. Ether if I set it in the launcher to 0 or if I type it in dfhack command window.
Damn!

Sadly the crashes are nothing I can affect; the workshops are really just 1-tile buildings that shouldn't cause any issues at all, except that they use building-subtype change and twbt overrides, aka scripts/plugins by other authors. I just added sprites/graphics.

Edit: Worked the evening on creature sprites, added another 50 or so. Mostly ones that had sprites, but not very good ones... and those that haven't been updated since transparency is possible with twbt.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 04:30:16 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rices

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 29, 2018, 08:17:07 pm »

seems  DF lacks some Keybinds with the Mephtilelauncher with activated and not activated "additions" from the additionstab, Namely sofar i encountered to miss the Keybindings for Details  to raid  other Civs.

it lacked a few entries in the \Dwarf Fortress\data\init\interface.txt
Code: [Select]
[BIND:CIV_RAID:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:r]
[BIND:CIV_CENTER_ON_FORT:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:y]
[BIND:CIV_REMOVE_MISSION:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:x]
[BIND:CIV_RESCUE:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_RECOVER:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_WORLD:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:w]
[BIND:CIV_MISSIONS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:m]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_DETAILS:REPEAT_NOT]
[SYM:0:d]
[BIND:CIV_NEWS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:n]
[BIND:CIV_PEOPLE:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:p]
[BIND:CIV_ARTIFACTS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:a]
[BIND:CIV_CIVS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:c]
compared to (probably) the full list of aviable keybinds for the "Civ_" keybinds.

Code: [Select]
[BIND:CIV_RAID:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_CENTER_ON_FORT:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:y]
[BIND:CIV_REMOVE_MISSION:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_RESCUE:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_RECOVER:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_WORLD:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:w]
[BIND:CIV_MISSIONS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:m]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_DETAILS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:d]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_FREE_CAPTIVES:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:f]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_RELEASE_OTHERS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:o]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ARTIFACTS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:A]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_TAKE_ITEMS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:i]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_TAKE_LIVESTOCK:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:l]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_RAID:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_PILLAGE:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:g]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_RAZE:REPEAT_NOT]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONE_TIME:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:t]
[BIND:CIV_MISSION_TRIBUTE_ONGOING:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:T]
[BIND:CIV_NEWS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:n]
[BIND:CIV_PEOPLE:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:p]
[BIND:CIV_ARTIFACTS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:a]
[BIND:CIV_CIVS:REPEAT_NOT]
[KEY:c]

« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 08:20:28 pm by Rices »

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 29, 2018, 10:24:54 pm »

I made the walls a hybrid of the "standard" and "new" constructed walls. I liked the brick pattern and tighter cobblestone of the new, but the smooth edges of the standard walls. I also changed the stone door so it looks more like a door.

Before
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

After
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Zip of replacements in data/art if interested: https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/elasticbeanstalk-us-west-2-868470985522/ShareX/2018/04/Meph%20custom%20walls%20and%20stone%20door-png.zip

It is more boring, but I prefer it that way :)

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 30, 2018, 04:06:54 am »

@RadGH
Thanks for screenshots. I also thought about unifying the walls. Below you can see my draft (from thread page #19). In my version of the set I will try and do it, also I will make so that the external perimeter of walls was always the same gray color.
Spoiler:  Example walls (click to show/hide)
p.s only one problem - wooden walls and floors - but there's nothing to be done, there are no special markers for dividing walls and floors according to materials.
p.s.2 you could not share your save?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 04:11:04 am by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1073 on: April 30, 2018, 07:00:22 am »

Damn, that does look better. :D I might have to adapt that.

My line of thought was using two very different styles, to give a more distinct change between surface forts (castles) and dug fortresses underground... but seeing both flow together, I might rethink my idea.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1074 on: April 30, 2018, 02:14:33 pm »

RadGH, you have a pixel error (dark pixel) on the constructed NS-aligned wall, on the top right. I'm a bit surprised that you added the brick-texture to the smoothed mineral/rock walls too. I might make improvements to the main set based on this idea, if that's ok with you.

I worked on creatures in the meantime, improved around 50 sprites, added transparent background, larger giant version and the like. Maybe I can do an update in 1-2 days with those and the new walls.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 30, 2018, 04:36:41 pm »

Vordak those looks great! Though I'm not a fan of the "elvish swirls" on the side of the walls in both Smooth and Constructed. But I love the simplicity of the constructed wall. I think I'll update my own using those. I like the brick texture on top of the constructed wall (although maybe too much contrast for me).

Here is my current save, F5 to go where I took the screenshot (not an exact position): https://radleysustaire.com/s3/g4ksz

I also forgot to attach Meph_32x32.png which has the edited stone door, updated files here (still with my own edits/glitches): https://radleysustaire.com/s3/cq2xn

Meph, nice catch. I had a feeling you would notice some errors. I have no clue what I'm doing! Anyway go ahead and incorporate any of the ideas to the pack, I would love that! My edits were just patched together roughly in Photoshop, so you'll probably want to make your own version because I'm sure you'll do a better job!

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: May 01, 2018, 03:41:37 am »

PS: Now I thought about making a unique sprite for each inorganic. That's 100 for the soil/rock/minerals and another 125 for the gems. Question is: Would anyone even want that, is it useful or rather confusing?

Interesting idea. Isn't the shape rather important to recognize that it's a boulder, with the color (and texture) to tell you about the material? I'm curious to see what you would come up with, at any rate.
I meant the walls/terrain, not the items you get. Those are already split into unique sprites for rock, flux, coal (fuel), obsidian (sharp), ore, gem and chalk/gypsum (cask powder).

Oooh, I think I see what you're saying. It would be cool for rough walls to be a fancy sprite rather than a plain character.

On a similar note, I've been struggling against a double-layer aquifer in the middle of winter (and not winning), and it occurs to me that it would be awesome to see the corpses that are now encased in ice as actual corpse sprites behind a partially-transparent terrain sprite. Is there any chance that's possible?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: May 01, 2018, 07:53:32 am »

Below the result of work on unification of constructed walls, also redrawn constructed floor.
Spoiler: constructed walls (click to show/hide)

P.s. Experiments with wall rims.
Spoiler: wall rims (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:17:34 am by Vordak »

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: May 01, 2018, 12:37:03 pm »

Since we are kind of on the topic, I know we have talked about this before but I still cant get myself to like the engraved floors, I think it would look better if the entire floor tile was engraved with some detail instead of just the center. What do you guys think? Have you tried this approach?

I really like the unified carved and constructed walls it looks really clean! I like how you can still differentiate the two as well.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1079 on: May 01, 2018, 01:17:44 pm »

RadGH: Sure thing, thanks. :) I love it when people alter and/or improve things on the forum. It's great seeing interaction by the community.

dfb48x: In theory TWBT has the item ID "ANY_ENCASED", but no one has ever used it. Not sure if it's actually possible. I need a save with encased corpses/items. Can you upload it and let me know exactly where the corpses/encased dwarves are?

Vordak: You were faster than me. :D Those look great. You use the grey top file, but leave the inside colored by build materials, which is something I wanted to try out after I did the gem/mineral walls. Have you done that for all walls, or only constructed walls? Either way, I probably will want to straight up copy+paste that into the main tileset. It's a huge improvement.

On your "Experiments with wall rims." screenshot I liked to top-left version best.

Hylum: I tried that first, I thought it looked too busy, so I restricted it to only the 4 center tiles.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 01:45:18 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 187