Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 897439 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.4 - 32x - 44.07 - Updated 31th March
« Reply #1005 on: April 24, 2018, 05:44:42 am »

I tested lignite and chalk. It works fine in 2.4.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1006 on: April 24, 2018, 06:50:48 am »

Fixed all reported issues.
Updated to 44.09.

And since I can't just leave it alone, I had to try out a new thing, that I haven't seen any were else:

Smoothed and engraved walls now show the minerals/gems that are ingrained in the wall. To the very right you see the engraved version.

Microncline cluster:

Cool? Or too colorful?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 24, 2018, 07:31:18 am »

awesome! I hope i can just update the savegame from the linuxLNP with your new pack and keep playing.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

monkeyfritz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: April 24, 2018, 09:25:58 am »

I think it's a really cool idea, if a little busy. I feel the dark walls clash a bit, but that's from the bias of someone who likes the walls being colored based on what they are made of. I know some would rather have all walls uniform.

A middle ground might be nicer. Include the nice detailing, but still have the wall change color with the material. I expect you will get conflicting opinions on that though, for the aforementioned biases.
Dabbling Tilesetter produced a masterwork Ж ƦūɳϵsϵŦ Ж

Dabbling Tilesetter enters a strange mood.
Dabbling Tilesetter hastily scribbles pictures of Stained Glass

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 24, 2018, 09:30:26 am »

I absolutely love it. Specifically because the walls themselves don't change color, only the detailing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1010 on: April 24, 2018, 09:54:38 am »

I think it's a really cool idea, if a little busy. I feel the dark walls clash a bit, but that's from the bias of someone who likes the walls being colored based on what they are made of. I know some would rather have all walls uniform.

A middle ground might be nicer. Include the nice detailing, but still have the wall change color with the material. I expect you will get conflicting opinions on that though, for the aforementioned biases.
I made several polls and most people like their fortresses to be more uniform in color. That's why all the walls default to one color, more or less.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1011 on: April 24, 2018, 10:40:51 am »

Dwarves are now literate.  :D

26 new decorational workshop: The Alphabet. Only takes up one spot in the workshop menu, and the hotkeys are the letters you want to write. "Build 'Writing'" => "Write 'A' - a". Pretty simple.

It uses the beautiful letters from monkeyfritz brand new Stained Glass set. Check it out. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:45:53 am by Meph »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 24, 2018, 11:56:16 am »

Smoothed and engraved walls now show the minerals/gems that are ingrained in the wall. To the very right you see the engraved version.
I understand correctly? Now the walls will always be generally gray, but with colored veins inside.
If so, then I really like it because the fort in one style is much more pleasant for perception. But then need to do something similar with tiles of floor
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 11:59:52 am by Vordak »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 24, 2018, 12:06:41 pm »

Floor no longer keeps the vein material in any case, so I'm not sure that's possible.

SenorPez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 24, 2018, 12:13:08 pm »

I downloaded a fresh copy (http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13407), created a game without changing anything, and am still getting the Chalk and Lignite problem.

Also, TWBT throws an error on startup:
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:240:B:UNK_V42_2:Bookcase::_MDF_overrides_1:246

I didn't see another option for getting just the 2.4 graphics, either; the "standalones" are all 2.3.

monkeyfritz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 24, 2018, 12:32:36 pm »

Dwarves are now literate.  :D

That's a really cool addition. I've never really liked the 'notes' system as it is, this is much more adaptive.
Dabbling Tilesetter produced a masterwork Ж ƦūɳϵsϵŦ Ж

Dabbling Tilesetter enters a strange mood.
Dabbling Tilesetter hastily scribbles pictures of Stained Glass

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1016 on: April 24, 2018, 12:47:16 pm »

I downloaded a fresh copy (http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13407), created a game without changing anything, and am still getting the Chalk and Lignite problem.

Also, TWBT throws an error on startup:
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:240:B:UNK_V42_2:Bookcase::_MDF_overrides_1:246

I didn't see another option for getting just the 2.4 graphics, either; the "standalones" are all 2.3.
You can't possibly have the current version, if you have a "B:UNK_V42_2" line in your overrides. That one is commented out in the current version.

Anyway, I just uploaded the new stuff, so maybe give it a go. And delete any old versions you might have.

I understand correctly? Now the walls will always be generally gray, but with colored veins inside.
If so, then I really like it because the fort in one style is much more pleasant for perception. But then need to do something similar with tiles of floor
Yes, walls will mostly be gray. Only mineral, ore and gem walls will have this feature. So marble walls are still whiteish, granite light gray, gabbro dark gray... I can in theorie standardize all walls to one "gray", and just leave the color in the rock you see.

Lets see how people like it, and if they do like it, I can make this for all rocks.

Floors... doesn't work. For multiple reasons, Japa mentioned one; the other one is a TWBT bug with creatures using transparency on top of overrides tiles... a bit complicated. Suffice to say that I don't use overrides at all for floors, grass, bridges... anything where people can walk on.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.5 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 24th April
« Reply #1017 on: April 24, 2018, 12:56:59 pm »

Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack, twbt, a custom LNP, 12+ utilities like Therapist, Soundsense and more.

Update!

Thanks to a completely free day due to bad weather, I present to you the following:

- Updated to DF 44.09.

- Fixed food icons.
 - Added nobles for humans, elves, kobolds and goblins. They are disabled by default and enabled automatically if you set their race to playable.
 - Added all decorational buildings to humans, elves, kobolds and goblins.
 - Fixed giant hoary marmot sprites and giant peregrine falcon sprites.
 - Fixed wooden-door item sprite.
 - Fixed plant overrides for picked-plant items. Thanks PrudentDwarves for the heads up.
 - Removed the "MacroFantastic" portion of Taffers Revised mod; which also fixes the sprites for all tools.
 - Updated Vordaks dwarf sprites.
 - Increased cavern openess in the extra worldgen sets.
 - Added 65 new creature sprites. A few missing in temperate_new, then mostly zombies.

New feature: Gems, ores and minerals show through smoothed and engraved walls.

New feature: Dwarves can write letters using 1-tile workshops.

Special thanks to Monkeyfritz and his beautiful gothic/stained glass font from the Stained Glass set. Check it out. :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:17:04 pm by Meph »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 24, 2018, 01:05:42 pm »

Yes, walls will mostly be gray. Only mineral, ore and gem walls will have this feature. So marble walls are still whiteish, granite light gray, gabbro dark gray... I can in theorie standardize all walls to one "gray", and just leave the color in the rock you see.

Lets see how people like it, and if they do like it, I can make this for all rocks.
Nevertheless I will make a proposal. Just an idea for experiments.
Walls have two rims - outer rim could be left gray, and color of the inner rim change.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:14:40 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1019 on: April 24, 2018, 01:17:47 pm »

I think that's a good idea. :)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 187