Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterworks course  (Read 1143 times)

grotball

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Masterworks course
« on: October 11, 2016, 02:27:16 am »

This is a little rant/feedback hehe. Firstly, thanks for the enjoyable mod compilation Meph, it makes DF enjoyable and brings me back to it after I got bored of the vanilla progression. It strikes me as a bit of work integrating the mods, not made easier by the DF way of doing things. I hope Tarn watches Masterwork's interest on the forums and takes note of what people want.

These latest releases of Masterwork have lost a lot of the interest the pre-40.x branch had I feel. The ones I liked the most (perhaps not which ones were the most well made or game changing), were:

* rune enscribing - added another level of weaponsmithing that I felt added to the game
* netherbark - I liked kitting out soliders in netherleather
* plate armour muddling - I feel this should be a progression thing somehow. Is there any chance reactions can be based on the skill of the crafter? i.e. only allow plate armour (or mithril plate armour) from a legendary crafter. On booze. A legendary crafter that has just had a triple hit of whiskey, with a mithril bar in hand, should produce good things.
* lost my train of thought, had some other ones

I guess that's what'll happen on a major release while dfhack etc catches up. This whole game feels like a Three Stooges show though, where Tarn changes the core and refuses to listen to anyone else, Meph runs around tweaking mods and raws, everyone else runs around getting whacked by ladders. Autistic development at it's finest.

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterworks course
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 04:21:46 pm »

This is a little rant/feedback hehe. Firstly, thanks for the enjoyable mod compilation Meph, it makes DF enjoyable and brings me back to it after I got bored of the vanilla progression. It strikes me as a bit of work integrating the mods, not made easier by the DF way of doing things. I hope Tarn watches Masterwork's interest on the forums and takes note of what people want.

These latest releases of Masterwork have lost a lot of the interest the pre-40.x branch had I feel. The ones I liked the most (perhaps not which ones were the most well made or game changing), were:

* rune enscribing - added another level of weaponsmithing that I felt added to the game
* netherbark - I liked kitting out soliders in netherleather
* plate armour muddling - I feel this should be a progression thing somehow. Is there any chance reactions can be based on the skill of the crafter? i.e. only allow plate armour (or mithril plate armour) from a legendary crafter. On booze. A legendary crafter that has just had a triple hit of whiskey, with a mithril bar in hand, should produce good things.
* lost my train of thought, had some other ones

I guess that's what'll happen on a major release while dfhack etc catches up. This whole game feels like a Three Stooges show though, where Tarn changes the core and refuses to listen to anyone else, Meph runs around tweaking mods and raws, everyone else runs around getting whacked by ladders. Autistic development at it's finest.

I would love to see a script that checks for a level of your highest dwarf/profession  and unlocks buildins/crafting like you say progression.
LP'er

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Masterworks course
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 04:25:36 pm »

Roses kinda wrote that already.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::