Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Eliminators Hauling around stuff for no reason?  (Read 1036 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Eliminators Hauling around stuff for no reason?
« on: October 09, 2016, 06:47:08 pm »

I have this Eliminator:

Hees just running around the Crystal Tower carrying an artifact Great Axe along with half a dozen other items.... I can't get him to drop it... I've tried to forbid it, mark it as dump, etc.... any suggestions beyond killing him?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 06:49:17 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Eliminators Hauling around stuff for no reason?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 06:57:32 pm »

and another.... Frog-demon child, playing with an artifact toy...

one of my favorite artifact toys.... was hoping to put it in my pleasure room... forgot to do it...

Now If I could get these guys to drop this "TOY" and the great axe... I'd be happy....
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 07:32:20 pm »

well a month later... and the eliminator decides to store the axe.... and the frog baby finally walked away from the flogging whip... grrr I hate how these guys act... I think the eliminator was picking up weapons to be stored, cause he stored them all at the same time, in the same bin, lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 10:40:30 pm »

I've noticed them mass collecting items as well its usually as you've already mentioned in the same category for a bin.
LP'er

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2016, 03:05:57 am »

Maybe use quantum stockpiles instead of a bins?
Bins are buggy AF.
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 10:17:15 am »

well a month later... and the eliminator decides to store the axe.... and the frog baby finally walked away from the flogging whip... grrr I hate how these guys act... I think the eliminator was picking up weapons to be stored, cause he stored them all at the same time, in the same bin, lol.

The stronger someone is, the most items they can haul. This one was so strong it took it ages to fill its hands before going for the bin.

The baby is probably very happy now.

On the bright side, the day the eliminator punch an enemy the head will go off in an arc.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2016, 02:27:13 pm »

on the bin thing... I use bins primarily in stockpiles I plan to trade with.  The weapon stockpile having bins wasn't intentional, I actually had 3 set up trying to sort weapons by various quality levels for easy melting... what works for armors and finished goods, seems to be ignored for weapons... another story all together.  The odd thing was the eliminator was sleeping when I found him with all those items... he then wandered around with "no job" before he suddenly bee lined for 5 more weapons before heading to the stockpile,  I've noticed this with other jobs selected by exterminators, frog-demons or gorecyclops.  They wont be doing anything for 2 to 3 days then suddenly they jump up and go complete a job that was designated 4 days prior.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group