Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 50

Author Topic: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)  (Read 58311 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Star Once Fallen OOC~6/6 players (Testing Open Legend RPG)
« Reply #435 on: November 10, 2016, 03:18:39 pm »

Where did you find the rules on the maximum amount of damage you can block? I can't find it.

Er, as far as I'm aware, there isn't a limit. However practically speaking if someone rolls like a 32 against an ally on 2 hp, my average roll of 19 or so  isn't going to be helpful, and even trying would be a wasted action. There's similarly little point in trying to block most attacks past a certain point, effectively healing an ally for a few points of damage probably isn't worth an action unless that few points of damage is enough to keep them from going down.

Thanks for fixingz.   :D

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 10, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »

Ahh, OK.

I just saw Caern get critted twice, and both he and his magical clone crit failed on attacks, so I decided to retroactively go back and have you intercept the attack. I thought you'd want to do so. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 10, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »

I think we need to try cutting the Life Fibers shadow threads that are connecting the enemies to the pillars.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 11, 2016, 12:49:41 pm »

I forgot to check the map at home for a way towards the closest thread, but I remembered I'd better take down the shadow man instead of moving away and getting AoO'd.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 11, 2016, 01:02:48 pm »

I killed the shadowman with an interrupt action, no worries about that.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2016, 01:10:34 pm »

Oh yeah, I see the note now. Well, then I'll have to wait for tonight to post my turn proper unless someone gives me coordinates I can move the Caerns to.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2016, 08:31:10 pm »

Double post because I want to know how tall those huts are. I want to get at that shadow halfling.
>Yes?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2016, 09:26:48 am »

Double post because I want to know how tall those huts are. I want to get at that shadow halfling.

The spiders on the opposite roof are 20ft high, so it follows he's 20ft as well. Should have noted that...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2016, 11:38:44 pm »

There, fixed. Sorry about the delay, weekends are usually like that.
>Yes?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: November 13, 2016, 06:18:49 am »

Better late than never, right?

Also good luck with the shadowthread colossus trying to slurp out your precious fluids.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 13, 2016, 07:42:26 am »

Oh, that is tremendous, IO.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 13, 2016, 08:20:00 am »

Incredible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2016, 12:17:28 pm »

Better late than never, right?

Also good luck with the shadowthread colossus trying to slurp out your precious fluids.

Well, if it's any consolation, I accepted you to play in the alternate universes that you submitted this character into a good deal earlier. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »

Well, if it's any consolation, I accepted you to play in the alternate universes that you submitted this character into a good deal earlier. :P
Alas, I just couldn't get into the system or think of a character I liked earlier. I think the unorganized bane/boon/feat systems are deceptively intimidating, because listing them out by attribute like you did for the first two seemed to help immensely.

That said, this is that most ideal of characters that I'll be proud and happy to have made even if I never get to use him, so it's already a victory. :))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2016, 08:27:49 pm »

Nice to finally see you around, IO.

As a note (not a complaint), if IO does join then he'll take the secondary path/role I'd picked. If that happens could I swap Creation for Alteration?
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 50