Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Small Mercies (IC) | Death is knocking, and he wants to buy a goat.  (Read 52151 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (IC) | Death is knocking, and he wants to buy a goat.
« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2016, 11:15:03 pm »

Khate deflated a little.

"I guess we could just leave..." she muttered, staring longingly at the obvious murderbox.

"Of course, if we wanted to stay, we could maybe wait by the door while Aubrey hacks the interior? At the very least we should double check with the rest of the team..."

Quote from: Khate to Home Team
Hello! Thank you for the joke, though I prefer the one about the sawblades!

We have tracked Varkonius' ship down, and it appears to be a blood-soaked self-locking murderbox guarded by a boinkbot murdermaid. As usual, Scarlet and Aubrey want to grab everyone on board and run for it in spite of the amazing footage entering a place marked by four exsanguinated corpses would no doubt provide.

The message relayed for us insisted he makes a point of never docking with precious cargo, though if true that would mean the Star has been stashed somewhere without a dock and the exchange is for information as to its whereabouts. Scanning the ship's logs is likely the only way to find it if so.

I thought we should let you know, both because this will affect your profit margins as well and because I'm hoping to stall for a few moments while I think of a good reason to barge into the murderbox anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 17, 2016, 02:34:12 am »

Aubrey looked up and round at Khate.

"You are convincing, Khate."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 17, 2016, 02:40:34 am »

Quote from: Re: Away Team
Since we're probably not interacting with Varkonius, and you are all next to his ship--why not leave him a nice note? A letter maybe, or even something witty? All up to you people, but it's been something in mind for me in idle thoughts whenever I pictured myself with an opportunity to leave a message or idea for my colleagues...or anyone else who might be benign to me out-of-profession

I mean even if this guy is a hired thug or somewhat, a tiny note of wit or sincerity can surprise him. If we're leaving like that, that's what I'd do anyway. (Like adding a program to that robot of playing The Expanded List of Classical Music For All Races along with an isolated file with our message in it)

...Also I'd like all of you to come back alive and not testing yourself in a murderbox of a ship. We've got some strange readings here of a tenth ship in the system, and this didn't count the 'obvious shielded buyer's ship' mentioned earlier.

Frankly, I'm unsure what to do now since it seems we're either in a bigger plan, or continue with any other plan in mind there. Either way, I'd suggest you all to stay safe; I've transmitted the response to the mercenary ship and we're awaiting their reply. Running deep scans as far as our system can provide too.

Also about the Star, I can't even pinpoint a trajectory course for the buyer ship! Do any of you have requests for me?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 02:43:12 am by Tiruin »

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 19, 2016, 07:05:26 am »

Quote from: message back to Kesari et al
A witty note? I do not understand. You would have us transcribe Sadish's joke collection onto the exterior of Varkonius' craft? To surprise him?

"Khate, I think we should go. If we lose our ship we lose everything, and that seems a risk currently. We should get back to it, alive. We can perhaps encounter ultraviolence and heroism in hostage-rescue. Then we can return to our ship and encounter further filmable ultraviolence fighting off boarding mercenaries. Let's go."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2016, 10:12:52 am »

Quote from: Re: Away Team
Oh, the joke was more Sadish's request for all of your morale--hope everything's going fine there!

But it's more that you're all on a grand opportunity with the capability to do something. Might as well leave something nice, even if we can't do our objective or such. I mean checking this calendar as an aside--it's the Holidays on the nearest world or another!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 19, 2016, 08:20:31 pm »

"Khate, I think we should go. If we lose our ship we lose everything, and that seems a risk currently. We should get back to it, alive. We can perhaps encounter ultraviolence and heroism in hostage-rescue. Then we can return to our ship and encounter further filmable ultraviolence fighting off boarding mercenaries. Let's go."
"I know," Khate responded in the tone of a child who knew the closing time of a candy store all too well.

Help haul anything alive on the station to the Sled.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #216 on: December 19, 2016, 08:25:16 pm »

Scarlet backs off cautiously, assisting Khate while keeping a lookout for any overly enthusiastic rival mercenaries, murderous criminals, or neon canes with the ability to turn people into goo, attempting to do her best to suppress her habit of muttering her misgivings about the situation aloud.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2016, 01:20:21 pm »

Kesari

Do my anti-advertising magic; issue 'clean scans', although let the lingering subtle advertising include deeper scans onto Mickaw's ships as per my inference (mentioned in a previous post by the GM).

Announce the above and relay the response to his request.

The reply from Mickaw's shuttle was immediate and clipped.

“Negative, we can comply. Coming in slow.”

The pilot was as good as his word, one of the two shuttles breaking from their position around the Reunion and closing with the hangar at a moderate pace. Docking procedures were always a mixture of trust and paranoia- past a certain speed the diff between an asteroid and a shuttle was irrelevant for all practical considerations. They both made a pretty damn big hole.

Mickaw's, however, didn't seem to harbor any dreams of a glorious fiery death. The shuttle slowed and matched velocity and axis with the Reunion outside the hanger. She was inside the shield envelope, and thus definitely within the region where Kari could control what signals the outside world saw, but safely outside the actual hangar.

Kesari scans revealed mostly what she expected, and the first shuttle divulged its interior information freely. The lead shuttle contained one human, no obvious weapon systems beyond point defense, but a rather impressive generator for such a small ship. Enhanced shielding and enhanced speed were common adds for both mercenary and smuggling shuttles, and it was quite likely that this vessel fell in both categories.

The shuttle that lingered at a safe distance didn't provide any more answers as to its occupants than Kari could dig out. Judging by the amount of energy going through the scrubbers, the ship had a crew of between five and twelve. Its reactor signature was similar to the first shuttle, which probably meant similarly upgraded engines and shielding. Regrettably, nothing immediately popped up that didn't seem reasonable for a small shuttle. No concealed spinal mount railgun, no active quantum interface bombs, nothing that made Mickaw more worthy of suspicion than he already was.

Boris

'Hrmh. Good plan. If they don't accept and if they keep pushing, we should shoot them. This is all too shady,' Boris muttered. His decades in the void had left him with a healthy degree of paranoia. He preferred the smash and grab-kind of job. There were too many variables here.

Assist with drone, if needed. See if I can work in some kind of self-destruct device. You know, just in case.

It seemed to have been a long time since Boris had been able to see the advances of strangers in a light other than the suspicious. The offer to come alone from Mickaw was suspicious, Boris would only do that if he knew he'd have the upper hand the whole time. The second shuttle was suspicious, why even bother having it there if there was a chance that it would just get turned away? Coming in close was suspicious, especially when Mickaw didn't even ask a single blasted question about a radiation leak in a hanger that he presumably knew the Reunion had just launched a shuttle out of. There was a plot here, and a far bleaker one than some simple business deal. Boris' mouth twisted unconsciously, his frown deepening into a scowl.

Boris was well aware that, no matter what had happened or would happen, the situation would make him suspicious. Yet, this particularly set of events left him both suspicious and with an unwanted guest on his doorstep. People couldn't be trusted, not when they wanted to talk nice and sidle close with pretty words and promises. Enemies who greeted one another with fire put Boris at ease. If a man pointed a gun at you and pulled the trigger, you could trust him. There could be respect there, truth and honesty, but there was no honor among this new breed of mercy.

The best Boris could do was to help make their communications interface as flawless as possible to the occasion. Sadish's vibrantly pink drone was, he grudgingly admitted, a well crafted piece of technology, but it had a flaw that Sadish was unwilling to admit. A flaw that Boris could fix easily.

It didn't explode.

Sadish

Action: Sadish begins any modifications she/her drone will need to carry out this plan if it goes forward.

The drone was easily modified as a communications relay. It had, to Sadish's mind, performed admirably in that task on more than one occasion. Granted, there were a few people who might contest that opinion, but their concerns were rather unfounded. The drone was clearly meant first and foremost for scientific investigation, and if they hadn't wanted their mouths aggressively swabbed by a violently pink tentacle, then they shouldn't have been chewing on a plant that wasn't in Sadish's records.

Essentially, the only change that Sadish needed to make in order to turn the drone into a Communications relay was to link it back to the Reunion's computer instead of just to her control panel. From there it should function without a hitch as long as it remained reasonably close to the Reunion and the batteries held out.

Boris' insistent offer to help attach a self-destruct device was vaguely upsetting to Sadish. On the one hand, it was nice to see another master work, and Boris rarely allowed Sadish to be in the same room while he worked, but it was all so needlessly destructive. The explosive device he rigged into the little squiddie wasn't enormous, it probably wouldn't breach hull even if the drone was nestled against the wall, but it would probably kill everyone in the room if it went off.

Which induced some nervousness in Sadish when Boris repeatedly hit the timing box with his powered fist in order to get it work 'properly'. Still, despite some inexplicably threatening beeping, the drone did not explode prematurely, and Sadish was able to resume control with Boris' bomb attached. It made the drone heavier, and would make it less responsive in vacuum, but it shouldn't have any undue performance effects.

Except for the part where it could explode and ruin her precious drone. Mentally, that thought had a very distraught whale-moji appended.

Piloting the squiddie through the reunion and out of maintenance airlock was a simple task, through Boris took care of the rather arcane functioning of the airlock remotely. From there, Sadish adjust the vivid little drone's flight until it was equidistant from the ship and the shuttle. She pinged the shuttle's internal comms and waited for a reply. The idea was that both ships were only using their internal communications systems, with her drone serving to link the two limited systems, and nobody else outside of their very limited bubble would be able to detect the transfer of information.  The primary comms array was excellent for talking across a solar system, but it didn't whisper particularly well.

“Thank you for speaking under the circumstances, but there is very little time. You're looking for the Exile's Star, as are we all. The difference is, we found it. If we give it up, back to our captain, he'll spend it on his own luxuries, his personal augmentations, and we'll barely see enough to buy a cup of hot coffee.  We're not greedy people, but we want out.  We'll split the take with you, fifty-fifty, give you the credit for the find, and start our own crew with fresh teeth. We just want safe passage. Are you amenable?”

Spoiler: Fresh Teeth (click to show/hide)

Scarlet

Scarlet backs off cautiously, assisting Khate while keeping a lookout for any overly enthusiastic rival mercenaries, murderous criminals, or neon canes with the ability to turn people into goo, attempting to do her best to suppress her habit of muttering her misgivings about the situation aloud.

Scarlet felt a minor twinge of relief when Khate finally seemed to sag, the motion translating through her mech as a gradual shudder. No one had ever accused Khate of having a particularly great concern for her own well being, but time working together had at least gotten to the point where she could understand that not everyone viewed an ideal death as one with as much spectacle as possible.

Scarlet, for her part, avoided thinking about her death, but much preferred the option of a natural demise in bed (if such a thing was possible for her) over being paralyzed, shot, and exsanguinated.  Hell, a lot of deaths outranked that.

Clarke appeared to have lost his lunch well behind the party. His face was a rather ghastly shade of pale, and he flinched visible away from the bodies when Scarlet poked him to get his attention and ask if he could give them at least a ballpark of where to look for the other hostages. Of his two suggestions, the hostel and the employee's personal quarters, the latter seemed least likely to run afoul of the other (hopefully frustrated) crews that were still out searching for the Star through Varkonius' room.  When and if they freed set number one of hostages, then they could turn their attention back to anyone else left over.

Directions from Clarke were short, rife with stuttering, but complete. The non-automated sections of the Flounder, the upper level apart from the labyrinth of lower machines designed to move bulk shipping containers between transports, was small enough that Scarlet ended up backtracking almost all the way back to reception before finding the 'employees only' door that Clarke had mentioned, leading deeper into the station. It was a nice gesture, making the employee's rooms central. Slightly less chance of being horribly killed by events external to the station.

Once, at the end of the long central corridor that divided the employee apartments, Scarlet thought she saw movement- the sundog flicker of someone moving under cloak. She called it to the group, and she and Khate spent the rest of the short trip pointing guns at every particularly dense shadow, but nothing came of it. No flash of defilade from a connecting corridor, no explosive charges blasting through a side door.

Clarke, rather rapidly, sketched out the employee complex. Recreation and the cafeteria were down one level, and the apartments were arranged in a circle around the one, rather anemic 'garden'. The garden, which Scarlet could see clearly from where she was, consisted of some thornless succulents and a bench. Which, from a corp, was actually a pretty nice gesture. Green, living, non-holographic plant and a place to admire said marvelous plant.

Of more interest than the marvelous 'garden' were the apartments themselves. All save two had open doors and ransacked interiors. The two that were still closed had red lights visible just above the handle, indicating a solid lock. Worryingly, they were also the two doors closest to where Scarlet had seen the multi-hue flicker.

As Scarlet approached, she could hear voices on the other side. The voices were just below what Scarlet could make out, but Khate's mech leaned forward, almost touching its nose to the sealed metal door.

Khate

Help haul anything alive on the station to the Sled.

Khate's ears pricked inside her suit as they approached the pair of sealed doors. There were voices on the other side, barely audible through the plaster and the metal.

“We're going to get through this. We've got weapons, and we've got numbers on our side. We all got put in here by two people, and they're not going to expect us to get out.”

“It's still suicide! Listen to yourself! We have bits of furniture, and they have guns and God knows what else. One of them could could kill all of us, let alone two.”

“Grow a goddamn spine, Sul, they aren't expecting a breakout. Trust me, they think they've got us all locked up tight- but they've never met me. We open the door, we jump who ever is outside, we send a distress signal, and we get rescued.”

“I believe you're skipping over the part that Sul is considered with, namely the small point of us getting 'jumping' as you say, on heavily armed mercenaries. Some of us are not as naturally able to fight as yourself.”

“All of you, what would you rather have happen? Would you rather wait here while others control your lives? While pillagers loot your homes and rob your livelihoods? Do you want to sit huddled, letting your life depend solely on the mercy of those who have oppressed and beaten you?”

“Ty, that was the speech from yesterday's episode Void Heroes. No offense, but fuck your plan. AL-Loy will find us, beacon or no. We don't need to risk our lives.”

Khate felt a little sorry for Ty. It was hard, being able to see so many glorious things and being unable to live them. Even Khate, who allegedly was the gun-toting mercenary of her own fantasies, kept getting dragged away from really exciting things (like an almost certain dance with death through innards of the personal vessel of interstellar terrorist with a penchant for blood scrubbing sexmaids) in favor of boring, practical work.  It was okay to dream, but it was often hard to get people to join in with the best dreams. Ty's taste in broadcasting might not be the best, Void Heroes was kind of a youth show, but Khate sympathized with her desire for glory being stymied by the relentless practicality and desire for continued breathing exhibited by her companions.

“That… it… that shouldn't matter! None of you understand, but this what we have to do! I'm going, and the rest of you can either stop me or help me!”

Voices and the sound of commotion erupted from the locked door, probably loud enough for the Scarlet, Clarke, and Aubrey to pick it up unaided. A moment later, sparks flew from the nearest door's control panel, and the red light indicating a lock popped a diode and burned out. The door slid twitchingly open, stuttering and stopping at half width- just enough room for Khate's mech to squeeze through with effort.

The scene on the other side of the door was rather comical. A young felid, clutching some sort of homebuilt remote control in her harness, was half pinned under a pile of other neos. It was a rather complete selection of the species, with must of them clutching some sort of improvised bludgeon, but one and all they were staring in utter horror at Khate's armored bulk.

“Oh. Uhmn. You know this door popped open all on its own. You should really fix that if you want to keep us hostages secure,” the young felid gasped from under her companions, clicking the makeshift remote again.

A single large spark popped off the remote, trailing a wisp of black smoke. The doors twitched once more, but failed to either open or close further. The faces of the civilians drew tight as they prepared to die. 

Khate was about to turn back to Aubrey for further directions, but it was at that moment that the lighting on the Flounder switched from clean and clear radiance to the red-and-pulsy that seemed to be the universally favored way of communicating that shit had just gone down.

“This is a full site lockdown. Until the severity of current events can be ascertained, all employees are asked to return to their rooms. All hostel guests will return to their rooms. All other individuals will return to their ships. Any individuals found outside their rooms will face legal charges for conspiracy, obstruction of authority, and impeding traffic flow.  Any ship leaving the station will be fir-”

The broadcast cut abruptly and the entire station shuddered, the floor seeming to quake as shockwaves resonated through the metal frame. Something, or several somethings, had just exploded very close by.

Kesari, Boris, Sadish

Kesaris, Boris, and Sadish barely had time to process Mickaw's rather striking deal before things began going terribly wrong. One of the shuttles come off the planet broke orbit erratically, skinning within spitting distance of the flounder before slamming into the second shuttle and forcibly redirecting its course.

Straight into the Authority vessel.

The AL-Loy captain either had a healthy amount of paranoia or a very well trained team, bringing hardshields up in time to splatter both shuttles into nothing more than radioactive debris and a brief puff of plasma. A broadcast, clearly primed and ready to go for exactly this occasion, was broadwaved immediately from the AL-Loy ship, along with very clear indicators that they'd just gone weapons hot.

“All vessels assume a stable orbit and power down all non-essential systems. Until the exact nature of the situation is determined, you will all be held suspect of destructive assault on AL-Loy property. If you attempt to bore out, interdiction will be used to prevent you, and your ship will be tossed from top to bottom. If you power weapons, we will open fire. You have sixty seconds to comply to the primary directive.”

Kesari's sensors began beeping madly, highlighting the growing debris field from the shuttle. It was expanding, peppering the area where the new transport had docked with the flounder. Slowed substantially, it wasn't a threat to the standard soft shields employed passively to deal with minor space debris. Even if it was, the Reunion wouldn't have picked it up as of immediate significance. It wasn't as though- oh.

The debris field was drifting around a much larger outline than it should, an outline that didn't match the contours of the transport in the slightest. The outline of a cloaked vessel. Which explained the jamming. And the too large bore. And the Reunion's insistence that there was an extra ship. Kari didn't have long to think about the full implications of that before the Authority vessel addressed the situation.

“Cloaked vessel, disengage your crypsis and prepare to surrender control to AL-Loy officers. You will-”

Boris, Kari, and Sadish never got to find out what the AL-Loy vessel was going to impose next. The addressed vessel uncloaked as ordered, revealing an angular, hyper-modern frame, clinging to the back of the smaller transport like some bizarre parasitic space wasp. It had the look of a purpose-built vessel, something that had never been associated with a mass production line, except perhaps as the prototype for something even more advanced. It was also armed. Two dorsal turrets focused on the AL-Loy vessel. Just two.

A bright line of white-gold light, as bright as the heart of a star and as thin as a thread, flared between the two turrets. It didn't jolt and twitch like a sympathetic arc, it floated like ribbon. The AL-Loy ship fired downwards into the formerly cloaked vessel, mass drivers and short range missile batteries rippling off of the new ship's shielding.

The ribbon of light flashed and seemed to flick through the empty void, detaching from the turrets and wrapping around the outside of the AL-Loy ship's combat shields. For all of three seconds it hung there, a ring of light that completely encircled the authority vessel. Then the AL-Loy ship's shields buckled, and the ring collapsed inwards. The armor didn't seem to provide resistance, the thread of golden light slicing through the metal cleanly as it collapsed to a point and disappeared completely. If the Nosoi's aim had been less perfect there might have been an artistic moment where the AL-Loy ship drifted slowly apart from the hairline cut, but the slice cleanly bisected the Authority vessel's reactor.

A brief, bright star flared to life and dispersed in a wave of heat and light as the AL-Loy ship lost containment in a heartbeat, leaving the three remaining members of the Reunion's crew staring at the display.

???

The lighting changed the instant his foot touched the cool metal of the station. It was a coincidence, a happenstance, but of a kind that seemed to follow him all too often. The Cane smiled, an expression that bared his multi-hued teeth.

"Odd. It feels like someone was expecting me."
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2016, 02:26:48 pm »

"I had never time to study space battle tactics, but it seems that strange vessel is terrifyingly combat effective." Sadish comments somberly.

"...Anyway, about our situation. It's not a terrible deal. Assuming they have the item, and they don't wish to take over our ship...it'd be nice to get out of here alive, and if they really do have the item, we're not getting paid anyway.

I have an idea. How about we threaten to fire our weapons at the stealth vessel if they double-cross us? We'll all perish in a tidy fireball, then, faster than anyone can possibly stop it. Seems a good way to keep everyone honest. At the very least they'll have to wait, till our entire crew is here and we all get away. Aggressive pacifism wins again!

Of course, if they're lying, then we'll probably have to blow up the ship when they blunder onto here, the idiots. Slight downside.

Well, thoughts?"

Sadish promptly squirted a cloud of sealite into a bulb of fresh water and slurped it down, while waiting for a response.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2016, 06:14:10 pm »

Boris took in Mickaw's offer with interest, but any thoughts regarding its trustworthiness and risk were squashed moments later by the appearance of some kind of hyper-advanced death machine of a ship. He was officially far, far beyond having any idea of what the hell was going on in this system.

'I say we let them in, keep the bomb... er, the comms drone with them. They act shifty, we blow them up. Less chance of everyone aboard this ship dying, Sadish. Maybe.'

Everything about the offer itched at him. For one, even if it was legit, he could not understand why they'd made it to the Reunion, specifically. Why were they in such a hurry - had they known this would happen? Every sane part of his brain was telling him to get out of here as fast as void-winds could carry him. Only, there was the matter of half the team being off-ship. He could really have used them here now.

He scratched his head. 'As for all... that... we make sure we look like a very poor target for whatever this thing is, and get the hell out of here the first chance we get. '
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2016, 07:18:59 pm »

"Alright, let's keep the drone as our...realistic plan, but bluff with the idea we would rather destroy ourselves than be taken over.

If they don't believe the bluff, we've got the plan. If they believe our bluff, we don't need the plan. And maybe they're actually being honest, who knows!"

Sadish wanted to avoid anyone blowing up, if she could help it.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2016, 08:16:11 pm »

Scarlet didn't waste time, not even waiting until she'd fully regained her footing from the blast shaking things up. "Alright, listen up. I don't know what the fuck's going on here and I don't like it at all but I've got good news for you. We're getting the hell out of dodge and taking you with us so you don't get disassembled by whatever the hell just blew up that ship." Granted, she didn't actually know that the Al-Loy ship had exploded, but it wasn't exactly a strange guess given the synchronization of the broadcast's interruption and a very large boom. "Is this all of you? Talk fast, or it won't matter because we're leaving NOW."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 23, 2016, 12:52:58 am »

Scarlet didn't waste time, not even waiting until she'd fully regained her footing from the blast shaking things up. "Alright, listen up. I don't know what the fuck's going on here and I don't like it at all but I've got good news for you. We're getting the hell out of dodge and taking you with us so you don't get disassembled by whatever the hell just blew up that ship." Granted, she didn't actually know that the Al-Loy ship had exploded, but it wasn't exactly a strange guess given the synchronization of the broadcast's interruption and a very large boom. "Is this all of you? Talk fast, or it won't matter because we're leaving NOW."

A neocrow, largely outside the pile of bodies atop the younger felid, looked quizzically at Scarlet. "We are of some. Tagget is next door, himself is trouble as one," he said, his standard lilting and somewhat malformed. He didn't seem concerned so much as confused. "Others, of two, taken. Taken for their keys and for their eyes. Opening the hostel for strangers, in tears for their own danger."

The other occupants of the room still seemed more occupant by Khate's armored bulk, formerly almost touching the door, and now only a short chomp away from being among them.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 23, 2016, 02:20:51 am »

Before the Al-Loy ship went explode-y...

Kesari took in Boris' words as she replied in haste, right before the Al-Loy security announced their intentions.

"Safe passage is very amenable with us. Dock the second alongside the first--our communications drone shall relay and adjust coordinates for maneuvering synchronization.

"Alright I'll just add in that radiation sweeps are ok, but do we have another hangar bay that we can safely quarantine? Or at least any caution to be held? Of course we can meet them personally as a show of good faith--and I'm a really trusting person--but given our position in system towards all other stations and such, I can understand why they're picking us out.

"We accept your offer."

After the explodium happened...
Kesari slumped back on her chair, taking a tiny ball of squijium from Sadish as she thought everything was okaaaay, wondering what to relay to the away team when the Al-Loy message came in alongside the events unfolding.

After all of such happened, Kesari magnified the resulting scans, highlighting the cloaked ship, taking extreme care to ensure that the scans made by the Reunion were not conspicuous, and showing everything to Boris and Sadish--alongside sending a message to the away team about what had just occurred.

Also verifying our position in-system in regards to said cloaked ship and other dangers. We are pretty much out of weapons range, RIGHT?!

Quote from: Kes :D @Away Team
Dear Away Team members,
Recent news has our resident security ship now deceased to that rather strange 10th blob--it was a cloaked ship (like I guessed but didn't even think about foremost)--granted, it doesn't seem to be targeting anyone else in system; I suggest you all take your mission in and finish the job you all have.

Recent communication with Mickaw...has very important details I'd like to fill you all in too. However for the sake of what's all happening lately, I would really like to emphasize you all to finish what other mission you all have and then return to the ship post-haste.
Kesari tapped the space and backspace key simultaneously in anxiety--how was she to code 'yo dawg, they got the Star, let's get back' or something like her inner slang-dictionary was stating in a rather humorous way to combat her own anxiety?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 23, 2016, 12:22:41 pm »

"I'll go. If I'm taken hostage or killed, I'm the least combat or command capable crew member-a minimal loss, in the short term. I can also use my instruments to determine the veracity of the star, assuming they have it...neither of us has much reason to trust the other, but hopefully we can withhold any hostile action until things quiet down, at least. We can't overcome their numbers advantage, but they cannot successfully take the ship while we hold the trump card, that being utter mutual self destruction. Barring good intentions all around, such a detente should hold, at least for now."

She turned her thoughts to the star itself, an academic exercise to quell her very real nervousness.

Sadish figured she knew how much the star weighed, how old it was, and the exact metallic composition of it, along with distinguishing markings and trace bio-signatures, such as pollen and dust-it would be hard to pull a ruse upon her! In truth, she doubted they would bother to fake the item, unless they wanted to avoid fighting anyway. Wouldn't that be interesting?

"Also, If I do perish, feel free to detonate my drone remotely, and destroy as many of my attackers as you can. I could never do such a horrible thing myself, but I do leave that sad option open if it's deemed tactically necessary."

This was about as violent as Sadish could be.

Action: Sadish goes to greet our new 'friends', taking her drone along, and whatever instruments she needs to authenticate the star.

((OOC: Btw, I won't be back on the forums until Monday, due to Holidays...if someone wants to manually drive my character for this, I give them permission to do so. I figure this will take a little bit of diplomacy I'd rather be at hand for, but otherwise, do as you see fit..))

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27