Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106941 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

I just realized I can't make that IC post unless I get the OOC covered :-X

As a summary:
Draig:
> Is there anything I can sense I can do with Sadish's bot? Like is it within the range of utility for other things [eg Relay signals and all that would in anyway help me reach Boris/Aubrey] [I was planning to IC a mathematical formula with the velocity of a sudden vacuum and the range of the Reunion's signals...or at least Sadish's console]

Of course, enthusiasm goeth before a fall. Rushing through the underbelly of the ship, Kesari located the signal source, just on the other side of a small gate that cut off maintenance area. Cross referencing with the ship blueprints revealed that there should be a signal relay on the other side.
> Is there any way I can pinpoint or narrow down any method of signaling into or near that specific area?
> Is the proceeding in-between [like, between our pressurized atmosphere and the open-to-space sections of the ship] able to be locked down on my part so that anyone can cover that space between here and the relay?
> If the drone can act as a relay [as it gets flung to the planet or station and burns up midway], can I issue a command code to lockdown or interfere with whatever's going on with Boris and Aubrey? Can I fully wipe the contents of the probe other than incriminating data of whomever blew up Al-Loy?
> How grumpy is Varky right now?
> Considering that we've alleviated any affronts to Mickaw's group; how would he feel if Kesari talked to him or his subordinates right now?

Also you have 1 Sadish posts to address :P

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Also Draig: How long do I have until predicted bore comes in?

Two to three turns, depending on events.

Very soon.

So, DRAIGNEAN:
1/ Can either of us see and reach and free a charge in the next… 5 seconds?
2/ Is it likely that if we blew up something that looks like an airlock, horrible vacuum induced spaghettisation of us would result? (or any other vacuum/space/unpleasantness induced death)?
3/ Could Aubrey find a terminal of some sort to access the ship’s computer and see if there is a means of escape?

EDIT EDIT: DRAIGNEAN: can Aubrey fly well enough to reach the charge on the ceiling?

1/ Aubrey might. Probably 70% odds of it turning out like you'd hope.
2/ Setting off explosives in airlocks is typically a good way to become better acquainted with the eccentricities of hard vacuum, yes. If the charge is well focused, you might blow a hole into the other ship, but then there's the directionality to consider...
3/ On the bridge, yes. In the cargo bay, not really.
4/ See 1. Your odds are fair.
5/ I swear I didn't know she was allergic to geckos.
I just realized I can't make that IC post unless I get the OOC covered :-X

As a summary:
Draig:
> Is there anything I can sense I can do with Sadish's bot? Like is it within the range of utility for other things [eg Relay signals and all that would in anyway help me reach Boris/Aubrey] [I was planning to IC a mathematical formula with the velocity of a sudden vacuum and the range of the Reunion's signals...or at least Sadish's console]

> Is there any way I can pinpoint or narrow down any method of signaling into or near that specific area?
> Is the proceeding in-between [like, between our pressurized atmosphere and the open-to-space sections of the ship] able to be locked down on my part so that anyone can cover that space between here and the relay?
> If the drone can act as a relay [as it gets flung to the planet or station and burns up midway], can I issue a command code to lockdown or interfere with whatever's going on with Boris and Aubrey? Can I fully wipe the contents of the probe other than incriminating data of whomever blew up Al-Loy?
> How grumpy is Varky right now?
> Considering that we've alleviated any affronts to Mickaw's group; how would he feel if Kesari talked to him or his subordinates right now?

Also you have 1 Sadish posts to address :P

> Yes, you can continue talking to the drone for the while, and I imagine braking, but it's traveling rather quick.
> If you could get hands on to the relay, easily.
> The ship automatically resealed the breach, so anyone can head out to the point up until that last door.
> Wiping the probe is easy. Acting as a signal relay is also fine, but it's not going to be better than the actually sensor suite aboard the reunion.
> Why don't you ask him?
> Why don't you ask them?
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Thanks Draignean.

So DH, further questions:
1 - do we flee?
2 - do we fight then flee?
3 - do we fight then board?

The concerns are:
1 - is there anything we can flee in?
2 - can we win if we fight?
3 - can we flee in time if 1=yes?

Oh!
Draignean: I have I think one last question. Can we tell if the airlock we seem to be seeing is part of this ship or the Nosoi?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 12:24:15 pm by lawastooshort »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draignean: I have I think one last question. Can we tell if the airlock we seem to be seeing is part of this ship or the Nosoi?

I do miss being able to say "Throw a spot check".

It's part of the Nosoi. The edges look like the airlock basically drilled itself into the freighter's spine.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Oh I don't mind if you do :)

Anyway.

DH: We can't throw the explosives into the airlock because our ship doesn't have one of its own. But we could seal and leave the area and then do that, vacuuming the Cleaner, and hoping Kesari can advertise the Nosoi's weaponry to death whilst we escape.

OR we could explosives the Cleaner when it arrives, and then storm into the Nosoi, hoping surprise and ultraviolence carries the day. It could, except we are not Nelson and the mercies are not the Spanish navy. And we haven't really captured the first ship yet, have we.

Choices, choices, DH!

edit: adding to my previous IC post...

edit edit:

Comrades! Lend us your ears. DH and I are considering attacking the cleaner and then boarding the Nosoi. This seems possibly stupid, but it addresses the main concerns of not knowing if there is an escape from the freighter and the Nosoi probably preparing to attack the Reunion.

Any comments?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 05:05:38 pm by lawastooshort »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

It's a relatively modular plan. Regardless of how attacking the Cleaner works out (well, unless it just rips all of your limbs off), you should get a chance to figure out Part 2 afterwards, possibly based on new information.

The Fin might be an asset or a liability, depending on how everything goes, how cooperative he is, how long it takes to defeat the Cleaner vs how long it takes him to reboot his augments, etc. Live bait for the Cleaner and piping false/baiting information to the ship are his two most obvious uses, murdering you all with missiles and piping actual information to the ship are his most obvious dangers.

I have the utmost confidence in Boris' ability to ride an enraged bioweapon into the Nosoi.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[...]

The Fin might be an asset or a liability, depending on how everything goes, how cooperative he is, how long it takes to defeat the Cleaner vs how long it takes him to reboot his augments, etc.[...]
Personally, I may be cautious that I'm biased, but I think that got thrown out of the airlock when he responded at the "AHA" [spittle not included] and how he referred to Ka-T as some sort of zealous narrow-minded dude.

The "AHA' was more 'You're gonna kill us HAAAAA KNEW IT', BUT why I'm not being really against it is because I could also understand that there was doubt--and Draig, I assume, showed him doubting too quite well.
Well enough that I'm unsure if that was doubt or not; the common reaction to things like these. :I

Either way, I think Boris in his mining suit can really haul a fin and throw him like...he threw our possibly-best interrogation dude, who fainted, so at...least it didn't hurt when he got missile'd? :-[ :-X :-\

Comrades! Lend us your ears. DH and I are considering attacking the cleaner and then boarding the Nosoi. This seems possibly stupid, but it addresses the main concerns of not knowing if there is an escape from the freighter and the Nosoi probably preparing to attack the Reunion.

Any comments?

Given that we've 2-3 turns (and an unknown amount of sub-turns), I'm unsure if this is open to 'planning on the fly by shifting circumstances or realizations at the time being' ._. but I'm all for it.
It may be better to just hit their power, while I can handle the big guns to handle the Nosoi [finally got the name of that ship so I can stop referring to it as waspy death]
As, I infer, Ka-T's crew is more Alpha-tech levels but also henchman-y enough to be a minor challenge.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Hitting their power is nice, but we want to get out!!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see no reason to spare the Fin, who is entirely too tricksy. I think we should strap the explosives into him and fling him into the Cleaner. I'm having a good 'fling people into explosive deaths' day today.

Frankly none of the options seem very good and are really lame ways to die. Therefore, we can't die. Therefore, we'll take the ballsiest option and blitz the Nosoi.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

meanwhile i'm just trying really hard not to literally melt under pressure
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hitting their power is nice, but we want to get out!!
I can try to hack into a boarding pod to get scooped up by us, or anything that has thrust just like those shuttles aiming for our hangar. Or literally anything that I can lock onto--we've a carrier-designed computer here. :P
I see no reason to spare the Fin, who is entirely too tricksy. I think we should strap the explosives into him and fling him into the Cleaner. I'm having a good 'fling people into explosive deaths' day today.

Frankly none of the options seem very good and are really lame ways to die. Therefore, we can't die. Therefore, we'll take the ballsiest option and blitz the Nosoi.
Fling the Fin :/ I've a bad 'zealot' vibe from him that he really won't help us.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

So uh... how's it going, DH?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err, yes, that'd be what the nagging sense I'd forgotten something was about. Of course we attack. It might be quite mad, but madness is the prerogative of kings.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Sweet, I've posted. Hard to detail an exact attack plan when we don't know what's coming - I've just had a horrible thought that OH GOD WHAT IF IT'S LITERALLY A CLEANER?! A VACUUM CLEANER?!?

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The vacuum cleaner, a powerful artifact capable of striking deep and primal terror into the hearts of Canes and Claws alike.
---
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 71