Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106993 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Guess it didn't occur to Aubrey that Kari won't blow the ship up unless it really has to involve a big painful weapon.

No I was assuming that it would be someone else who shoots us, not Kesari! Anyway, further action required DH's input first :)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

I don't know what I've got any sort of enhanced information gathering other than what a good awareness of your surroundings and lots of experience get you :v Unless I've completely forgotten an element of my own character.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Aubrey has limited area scanning through her implants, but that only applies to electronics. Khate and Scarlet are both ironweavers, which technically allows both to do little bit of feels, but both have backstory specialized implants. Khate's are typically used for fabrication of objects (and likely repairs), while Scarlet's are designed for medical use (and are at the moment a bit too overtaxed to be used for scanning).

Sorry for not posting an action in time... Can we assume Aubrey followed Boris along?

Of course. I hadn't actually originally intended for that to be a full turn, I was just going to update some dialogue, and then it turned out that most people had actions to parse, so things went from there.

so is there anything I can actually do at this point other than accept the proposed treatment and pray that Scarlet doesn't receive critical brain damage from it?

Always I thing I do when I'm critical cursed/sick/injured in a D&D campaign: try to imagine what I'd be doing if I WASN'T facing the specter of imminent doom. If, for the moment, there's no option you can take to ameliorate your illness, then act as if you were not ill.

(...)

Ok, Tir, really important point here that I'm not sure you're understanding. The freighter and Ka's ship are still directly attached to one another. The freighter is not really armed. At all. It's a civilian vessel. It poses about as much threat to the Reunion as a potato does to a 1959 Ford Galaxie Skyliner.

The positions of Ka's ship and shuttles are reversed, but other than that, your little linear map is accurate enough.

It is interesting to wonder why Ka isn't blowing up the  shuttles though, isn't it?

Also, the shuttles, as before, do not have their own bore drives. Giving solutions to them does no good. Vark can use a solution, the shuttles can't.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon

Well, there's the provided way to help resolve the illness, the primary issue being the threat of brain damage :v Everything else is probably fixable with downtime but I doubt Scarlet comes off of that without getting borked in a way that isn't fixable. Good advice, though, I'll try to think about that when I don't have RL things to panic over :V
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Ok, Tir, really important point here that I'm not sure you're understanding. The freighter and Ka's ship are still directly attached to one another. The freighter is not really armed. At all. It's a civilian vessel. It poses about as much threat to the Reunion as a potato does to a 1959 Ford Galaxie Skyliner.
Spoiler: Just To Clarify (click to show/hide)

It is interesting to wonder why Ka isn't blowing up the  shuttles though, isn't it?
It's been bothering me forever, but now's a bad time to ask how easy it'd be to intercept our communications and therefore figure out where the panther is, isn't it?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love that map and it is 100% accurate. Khate is best cartographer.

It's been bothering me forever, but now's a bad time to ask how easy it'd be to intercept our communications and therefore figure out where the panther is, isn't it?

I assume comms encryption, which (unless you're capable of actually accessing either the sender of the receiver) can be stupidly difficult to crack via brute force. Even considering how powerful computers are assumed to be at the Apex end of the spectrum, it would still take hours for good encryption at a Prime level to be cracked by a good Apex decrypter.

Assuming there isn't an exploit.

Putting it this way, IRL publicly available encryption algorithms would require centuries for our most advanced systems to break down via brute force.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

(...)

The positions of Ka's ship and shuttles are reversed, but other than that, your little linear map is accurate enough.

Also, the shuttles, as before, do not have their own bore drives. Giving solutions to them does no good. Vark can use a solution, the shuttles can't.
I'm pretty much seeing it like you stated it :3 As the freighter seems more like the thrust and boost to Ka-T's ship given how it seems to be (and its PD being a teensy bit like such too)

And yay for shuttles being nearer than their ships! But that third paragraph :I
It hits all my red alert buttons, just like a Nuclear Silo warning back when playing Red Alert 2. (Oh gods I played it as a kid and it was SCARY that I always prioritized blowing that superweapon up) :'(

That said, I am very curious about it and now feel like you're doing this to tease me. :P
BUT I also feel like not warming up all weapons and seeming like a 'harmless glacier', then launching the everything at them. I'm wondering how bad an idea that might be, before anything else :v

This is beautiful just like you. You're beautiful, and amazing, and this is a work of art that I love.

Putting it this way, IRL publicly available encryption algorithms would require centuries for our most advanced systems to break down via brute force.
Unlike when it started, like WWII, aye? I loved reading how local linguists were put into service, and it worked very well :3

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Err I think we still King Boris's input before we can proceed?

DH?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Err I think we still King Boris's input before we can proceed?

DH?
Technically we need:
> Khate/IronyOwl
> Boris/DigitalHellhound
To make very important actioning actions. :P

I've to emphasize that regardless of situation, everyone's actions are important--Khate could spruce up our relations with Varky because he sounds like Bobba Fett and all that. Be respectable by being cunningly awesome \o/
And that Boris is pretty much Infiltration Team "A". I'm betting Ka-T's ship is just filled with Alpha-class henchmen anyway.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Falcon BUMP!

If DH continues to abandon us, I'll post a mini-turn for everyone who isn't Aubrey and Boris.

Khate's lack of an action is workable, I know what she's doing and how she's reacting, and (at the moment) her input isn't that needed. The faster I can hurry her back to the Reunion, the better.

Of course, advancing everyone else means advancing the Nosoi's threat, which indirectly effects Boris and Aubrey. So I'd like to hold off for as long as possible.
---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get a post up tomorrow, I swears. Work and studying for uni entrance exams have been devouring my time and energy. I do not have fantastic stress-coping skills.

If DH continues to abandon us

Easy there, master of prompt and regular updates who has absolutely never suffered a delay. Though I can't complain, given your quantity and quality.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll get a post up tomorrow, I swears. Work and studying for uni entrance exams have been devouring my time and energy. I do not have fantastic stress-coping skills.

Easy there, master of prompt and regular updates who has absolutely never suffered a delay. Though I can't complain, given your quantity and quality.

Sorry, the tone of that was not well conveyed- it was written with an eyeroll and a smile.  :-\ I understand, and I'm often a terribly delinquent player. I honestly mean more to poke than to pressure.  Considering I literally just finished the process of getting into grad school and am now scoping out places to live, I can dig the stress.

Again, I'm not seriously ragging on you. Life comes first.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry, the tone of that was not well conveyed- it was written with an eyeroll and a smile.  :-\
Heeey, these familiar happenstances!
I always cover it with a :P so that people would easier pick up that any D: tone, isn't.
Also that the :P is the best smiley that says 'good humor' and isn't used in a jerk-y way.

Of course, advancing everyone else means advancing the Nosoi's threat, which indirectly effects Boris and Aubrey. So I'd like to hold off for as long as possible.

Tiny Alpha-probably-tech ship on a freighter vs big hulking mass with 10% workable living and computer space.
Who will win!

...I don't want to find out, because I just want everyone to live darnit. :x (That and I'm only 1 person on board--nobody sailed a ship and won a firefight at sea by being the gunnery officer ONLY)
Also what tech do I have at my disposal, Draig? Even just a list of options is okay (XCOM or anything you prefer Style? :P)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

I'll try to post a reply tomorrow :)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

4/6 Segments written... Have to go debug someone's GA because it was written by an Italian Llama. Updoot tonight?
---
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 71