Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71

Author Topic: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]  (Read 106874 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Small Mercies (OOC) | Mercenary Menageries in Space (6/[6]) [WARNING: TEXT]
« Reply #600 on: January 27, 2017, 09:33:27 am »

Well, I mean, Boris doesn't get it either IC and I might be entirely wrong anyway.

I now hope Sadish ends up saving our asses with the drone from her sickbed, if she gets access to it. It's either that, or Kesari does. Let's pray the dude there is not an ultimate fanatic. You might even get the coordinates or whatever you need from him for the bore plan, if you're real convincing. Our away team appears to be launching some kind of suicidal-yet-potentially-worthwhile thing anyway, so maybe it won't even be relevant a few minutes from now, but oh well!
Well uh .-. Draig hasn't responded to me both here and in the PM so...I believe i have caused offense! D:
._. I'l just go with my original post then...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 27, 2017, 09:45:27 am »

Well, I mean, Boris doesn't get it either IC and I might be entirely wrong anyway.

I now hope Sadish ends up saving our asses with the drone from her sickbed, if she gets access to it. It's either that, or Kesari does. Let's pray the dude there is not an ultimate fanatic. You might even get the coordinates or whatever you need from him for the bore plan, if you're real convincing. Our away team appears to be launching some kind of suicidal-yet-potentially-worthwhile thing anyway, so maybe it won't even be relevant a few minutes from now, but oh well!

I might be out of time sync with the rest of the crew, to be honest. :P The GM needs to pull some timey-wimey flimflam, since at the moment Boris is giving his big speech, Sadish is currently unconscious and being dragged away by mutant ship ghosts. Something that will continue to occupy her for some time.

At least we know the ship isn't going to blow up. Unless Boris causes a time paradox, where he blows up the current ship, but reality diverges to Sadish's viewpoint where it didn't.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 27, 2017, 09:52:05 am »

I might be out of time sync with the rest of the crew, to be honest. :P The GM needs to pull some timey-wimey flimflam, since at the moment Boris is giving his big speech, Sadish is currently unconscious and being dragged away by mutant ship ghosts. Something that will continue to occupy her for some time.

At least we know the ship isn't going to blow up. Unless Boris causes a time paradox, where he blows up the current ship, but reality diverges to Sadish's viewpoint where it didn't.
I lack notifications to any of the above :P
So I'll just stick to 'I'm only reading my bits 'and probably the away team and everything for OOC funtime' (I actually love reading it all) and I'm under the impression that I can do something about that IED'

...Upon which, I do believe that given that the 'bomb' is disconnected to the reactors, a sudden JOLT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER can destabilize it.
Which is just one of many hilarious factors :I I should think out my next post because IC or otherwise--that one realization hit me hard.

...Where is the BUYER's ship? Because darn goodness did Mickaw lead me up DARN GOOD. "The Station is gonna asplode" OH YES THE BUYER IS NEAR THE STATION, WITH DAT REACTOR.

Another option in mind is 'voice capture of Mickaw', syllabic translation into his voice--Kesari speaking for him, then long-range transmission to the "Captain" on station using what he has mentioned before...err, the Sadish-ghostie phase. That alongside issuing a localized EMP (high intensity, low...something else) to destabilize the reactor (ie "I've no idea how this works :/ really. So I think this may work?") or at least make it less volatile is nudging me. But this first option is on the forefront of my mind and keeping me occupied (as in, before I read the ghostie-ghosts post in Sadish's part, I was thinking 'ok we can subvert this for our concerns now').

...Now I don't know what to do. So I'll sleep and get my post in by tomorrow and hope I haven't grumpied Draignean somehow silently D:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:54:59 am by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 27, 2017, 09:59:02 am »

Well uh .-. Draig hasn't responded to me both here and in the PM so...I believe i have caused offense! D:

Yes Tir, I'm terribly offended. Terribly, terribly offended. Or it's early and I popped my PMs, realized I needed a slightly more in depth reply, and now need to go to work. One of the two. :P

I'll write you back soon, I just kind of don't have time imminently.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 27, 2017, 10:09:18 am »

Yes Tir, I'm terribly offended. Terribly, terribly offended. Or it's early and I popped my PMs, realized I needed a slightly more in depth reply, and now need to go to work. One of the two. :P

I'll write you back soon, I just kind of don't have time imminently.
.-. I keep forgetting that you're in timezone-USAica, and it's your early morning. Eep! (THANK YOOOUUUUUU).

I'll...PM the rest of my drafted post that I was just about to post :X

Most reasonable idea at the moment:
> Announce presence over in-ship comm.
> Mention that I have established a connection with the station ship where Mickaw sent his original message from
> Tell him that it's connected directly (partial bluff; have enough static on board to excuse certain stuff I wouldn't like getting out, much like a network/live filter) and plead with him to announce our joining their 'alliance' but to get our people (and anyone else) back to our ship to gear up first.
> Hope it works.

...But the rest goes shoved into PMs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 10:26:16 am by Tiruin »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 27, 2017, 04:00:36 pm »

Uh, sorry Tir, you may have lost me. Who are you contacting? I'm suddenly not entirely sure if you noticed that Boris just asked you to talk to the person guarding the bomb.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 27, 2017, 05:37:23 pm »

Ooh, nice speech DH.
Yeah, very nice. Should resonate at least a little with him, too.

Idle thought: He couldn't/wouldn't have hidden the Star in his cat, c/would he?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2017, 05:41:10 pm »

Ooh, nice speech DH.
Yeah, very nice. Should resonate at least a little with him, too.

Idle thought: He couldn't/wouldn't have hidden the Star in his cat, c/would he?

It's a bit big, but I suppose not impossible. You'd probably notice pretty easily well, and would not make for a happy cat.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 27, 2017, 10:29:40 pm »

* Tiruin grumps around like a really distressed mouse.
DRAIGNEAN D:< I had a DREAM ABOUT ALL THIS.
A dream that ended in a personified depiction of the mercenary captain being actually illusionified and tricked out of his confidence and ego and I saw it all in a Teen Titans (not the GO version) -esque cartoony style of awesome while on his ship's bridge awaiting what Mickaw has said. To detail, he heard the 'buyer' or whomever say stuff that I forgot but it convinced him to step off his scheming desk and go through a door, then behold an opulent room that was for the guests or other visitors. He moves to another room and I'm following him like a third-person camera, and very subtle changes are noticed like the wallpaper peeling away or the exotic-rug appearing more distorted, or even the lighting and lamp fixtures being more...avant-garde. After a handful of rooms like these, which somehow caused no word spoken or reacted from by the captain, he comes upon another metallic ship sliding door and has to pry it open after standing in front of it for ten seconds of so with no response. What happens is a first person view of his own face, enlarged and like a floating head looking back at him. Cue paranoia and artistry depicting 'you're in my mental grasp'.

The rest of us are also depicted in the same cartoony style sans what just happened to the captain, and somehow there was some kind of strange warped human creatures that were getting in the way of the away team and their hostages while they arrived at where the sled was.
Especially in the communications room, so there was a bit of villainous banter with a person in a lab coat who had most of his head replaced by what seemed like a rubber cork.

So yeah. I woke up in ANOTHER cliffhanger than the cliffhanger than what we're in now :I
I blame you and your writing for cuddling my sleep with words.

Uh, sorry Tir, you may have lost me. Who are you contacting? I'm suddenly not entirely sure if you noticed that Boris just asked you to talk to the person guarding the bomb.
I know :P That post was before I saw your post. Now i'm thinking that the one post I did earlier in the OOC matters.
I can also bluff given what's happening--saying that I'm noting extra time because the buyer and whomever disagrees can help...I do believe.

Time to test out my bluffy skills!

Time to keep jamming and assuage doubt by copying Mickaw's voice (probably scrambled and scared by the strange transmission jamming which to hopefully not make obvious is not clearly us because bluffiness is what's happening) and directing orders to those on the shuttle.

Like uh, shutting off where Boris and Mickaw are, shutting down any doors out--relaying the order that he and the other two dudes 'took care' of the crewmen and 'the ship is ours, now all that's left is that bi*** I heard earlier and any other crew', but that sounds too pirate-y. @_@
Maybe followed up by "find the deck and start the bore engines", probably with a bit of frothy jugular sounds because of his tension, but that's just one way to transposition his voice.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:26:44 pm by Tiruin »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2017, 11:29:25 pm »

(probably scrambled and scared by the strange transmission jamming which to hopefully not make obvious is not clearly us because bluffiness is what's happening)

Tir. I'm tired, but I think I just blew a brain cell.

Like uh, shutting off where Boris and Mickaw are, shutting down any doors out--relaying the order that he and the other two dudes 'took care' of the crewmen and 'the ship is ours, now all that's left is that bi*** I heard earlier and any other crew', but that sounds too pirate-y. @_@
Maybe followed up by "find the deck and start the bore engines", probably with a bit of frothy jugular sounds because of his tension, but that's just one way to transposition his voice.

Does Mickaw sound like the kind of person to call someone a bitch?

* Tiruin grumps around like a really distressed mouse.
DRAIGNEAN D:< I had a DREAM ABOUT ALL THIS.
A dream that ended in a personified depiction of the mercenary captain being actually illusionified and tricked out of his confidence and ego and I saw it all in a Teen Titans (not the GO version) -esque cartoony style of awesome while on his ship's bridge awaiting what Mickaw has said. To detail, he heard the 'buyer' or whomever say stuff that I forgot but it convinced him to step off his scheming desk and go through a door, then behold an opulent room that was for the guests or other visitors. He moves to another room and I'm following him like a third-person camera, and very subtle changes are noticed like the wallpaper peeling away or the exotic-rug appearing more distorted, or even the lighting and lamp fixtures being more...avant-garde. After a handful of rooms like these, which somehow caused no word spoken or reacted from by the captain, he comes upon another metallic ship sliding door and has to pry it open after standing in front of it for ten seconds of so with no response. What happens is a first person view of his own face, enlarged and like a floating head looking back at him. Cue paranoia and artistry depicting 'you're in my mental grasp'.

The rest of us are also depicted in the same cartoony style sans what just happened to the captain, and somehow there was some kind of strange warped human creatures that were getting in the way of the away team and their hostages while they arrived at where the sled was.
Especially in the communications room, so there was a bit of villainous banter with a person in a lab coat who had most of his head replaced by what seemed like a rubber cork.

So yeah. I woke up in ANOTHER cliffhanger than the cliffhanger than what we're in now :I
I blame you and your writing for cuddling my sleep with words.

Huh, well, I can promise that I don't have a cork-headed villain in the wings.  I do enjoy influencing my player's dreams though, though there is someone who might be upset at the notion that I'm cuddling your sleep. :P
---

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2017, 11:35:24 pm »

Does Mickaw sound like the kind of person to call someone a bitch?
No :P He's the jaded and recently traumatized sort that I and Kes can really connect to. But I went off and listened to a silly thought that nudged my brain cells.

Tir. I'm tired, but I think I just blew a brain cell.
I'm sorry! D: They'll grow back though, but I shall better my words with more punctuation and semantics quality.

I just got lost a bit after thinking in the position of someone with cameras both on board and in station >_> Which parts of the players do I know and all (obviously not the away team), and until when.

...Where is the drone again? :-[
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 11:46:08 pm by Tiruin »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 28, 2017, 09:31:05 am »

Should still be floating in the bay, watching our captains epic duel.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 28, 2017, 10:02:40 am »

We're quite some distance away from the hangar, alas. The drone is happily floating in the hangar with the shuttles.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 28, 2017, 10:05:13 am »

We're quite some distance away from the hangar, alas. The drone is happily floating in the hangar with the shuttles.

We should be filming this! It's not like we're going to get any money from the star of whatever.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 28, 2017, 10:07:07 am »

We should be filming this! It's not like we're going to get any money from the star of whatever.

Absolutely. I hope the corridor has security cams.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 71