Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A scenario I want out of Future DF.  (Read 2060 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: A scenario I want out of Future DF.
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 07:45:56 pm »

I can imagine if you had enough pressure and an aquifer, and then had the adventure trigger it, I think it would flood the world very slowly, but then again, I don't know. Never tried such a crazy idea.
Unfortunately, adventure mode does not load the entire world. Or fortunately, considering that even a small city can lead to slowdowns; now imagine every city at once. Ouch. FPS: 0.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 07:58:55 pm »

You could, if you had the patience, lead the flood. You could essentially lead the flood anywhere you want it to, and could cause mass carnage in a city you didn't like. It just take a really long time.
To the beer!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 08:22:49 pm »

You could, if you had the patience, lead the flood. You could essentially lead the flood anywhere you want it to, and could cause mass carnage in a city you didn't like. It just take a really long time.
It'd stop simulating the source of the flood eventually, and it'd just be a bunch of water which would eventually end.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Sbcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [MALFUNCTIONING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 08:26:44 pm »

This probably be best to build right next to a human town or whatever enemy you want. Devote the entire fortress to a massive pumping operation. Flood a giant reservoir, with an automatic pumping system, and then let it go crazy.
To the beer!
Pages: 1 [2]