Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So, Quick Question  (Read 731 times)

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
  • Undead Enthusiast, at your service.
    • View Profile
So, Quick Question
« on: September 26, 2016, 02:03:37 pm »

I could not find a help thread to help me so i'm just going to ask here in the GD thread.

If i wanted to start a DF themed Aurora 4x Let's Play that's played like a Community Fort  (AkA people choosing things to be named after them, taking over characters, and telling me what to do as a council), where would i post it? In the DF appropriate thread, the Let's Play thread, or the Forum Games and Roleplaying thread? I plan to call it Urist McSpaceman, as it'd be, like i said, DF themed.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 02:11:37 pm by Unknown72 »
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

@me on Discord: Multi#0897

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: So, Quick Question
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 02:14:50 pm »

That would belong in Play With Your Buddies (although you miiight be able to sneak it into Community Games & Stories).

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 02:17:26 pm »

I'd lean towards the Let's Play subforum, seems the best fit. Not entirely sure, though. Perhaps an advert-post, with some brief after-action reports in it as the game goes on, in the Community Games & stories Section could be an idea?

It's a damn neat idea for an LP, and I'll definately join in the fun! I've been toying with the idea myself, but it seems rather too ambitious for someone who's still very much learning the ropes in Aurora.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:21:34 pm »

Hmm, so either the Let's Play subforum or Play With Your Buddies, with a possible advert for it in Community Games & Stories.

And in all honesty, i've only watched Quill18's tutorial and played about 2 hours of Aurora, but the way Quill explains the game makes it much easier to play and besides, mistakes just make for fun situations, like the other day when i wasn't paying attention and added 30 engines to a ship just because i wanted it to be faster, before i noticed the tonnage.
You guys ought to fix Unknown72's turn to some point later in the order. Maybe after Sanctume. Normally that's what happens when someone fesses up to having real life going up like a storm of explosive diarrhoea blasted into a fan.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »

PWYB is the Let's Play subforum, unless I'm missing something.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2016, 02:27:14 pm »

From what i can see, they're 2 different boards, but i could be mistaken, it's  been a while since i've been on this website >_>.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:06 pm »

With the Let's Play subforum, I meant Play With Your Buddies, just to clear up any misunderstandings. They're one and the same and I'm being terribly unclear, oh dear, no fear.

If there is one thing I've learnt, is that you first need to learn how to do X, then find a way how to do X in a way that isn't horrifyingly wasteful. Like my "cruiser" that clocked in at over 50.000 tons and couldn't hold its own against a fly. Naming it Wasa wasn't a very hot idea, all things considered.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 02:30:45 pm »

With the Let's Play subforum, I meant Play With Your Buddies, just to clear up any misunderstandings. They're one and the same and I'm being terribly unclear, oh dear, no fear.

If there is one thing I've learnt, is that you first need to learn how to do X, then find a way how to do X in a way that isn't horrifyingly wasteful. Like my "cruiser" that clocked in at over 50.000 tons and couldn't hold its own against a fly. Naming it Wasa wasn't a very hot idea, all things considered.

It's simple! Just give it more missiles!

And gotcha, i'll do it in Play With Your Buddies, shall have it up soon, will provide a link if any of you want one once it's up.

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 03:34:47 pm »

Alright, here's a Link.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=160804.0

Now to let this thread slowly die.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 03:51:47 pm »

You can also just lock it yourself.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 04:27:44 pm »

You can also just lock it yourself.
Which has been proved to be pretty much the only way a thread dies after the author says "now let the thread die" in general discussion. :P (Bottom corner).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 07:41:56 pm »

So, guys, did you hear about the X that happened?

(hijack yes)
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Unknown72

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 07:50:57 pm »

Huh, didn't quiet know people were capable of locking their own thread.

So, guys, did you hear about the X that happened?

(hijack yes)

Yea i heard about that, so sad that Y Happened as a result, truly depression inducing.