Poll

A or B?

A
- 2 (22.2%)
B
- 7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: You are an Independent Scientist! (Nov 12, 2016)  (Read 36681 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Independent Scientist!
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2016, 09:25:49 pm »

also if we get time, lets go dumpster diving for old electronics and scrap metal.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2016, 09:30:49 pm »

Use radiation on 19  to make him bigger.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2016, 09:39:35 pm »

Make a "perpetual motion machine," get investors to give you money. Disappear.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2016, 11:32:12 pm »

Use radiation on 19  to make him bigger.
I request that we wait on this proposal until we have baby scorpions. I suspect that the mutations are more likely to be permanent in infants...

research scorpion breeding...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:24 am »

You're able to extract 3 ml of venom today. You list it online, but unfortunately it seems like no one had interest in it today. Maybe tomorrow. You spend roughly ten minutes buying food for Nineteen and Eighty-Four then feed them. (-$5)

You had a large amount of plans today but some of them didn't make it past the conceptualization stage. Making a fake perpetual motion machine could definitely make some money, but you don't really know where to start other than that. You'd have to think about the details and break it into smaller steps - you can't really do all that in one day. That, and pulling off a scam like that could ruin any potential future reputation you may have. Then there's the use of radiation. It's definitely an interesting idea, but you're pretty sure you don't have anything capable of emitting enough radiation in your garage, and there's probably not much that you could buy or find with your current budget to do so.

Disregarding that, you head to the library to do some more research. It turns out that with just a small bit of encouragement, you can get Nineteen and Eighty-four to mate. Though the problem would be waiting. You estimate that it'd take a month to get about 6 usable baby scorpions, then a lot longer - around 2-3 months - for them to mature. Satisfied with your answers, you head over to a few dumpsters next to various places likely to throw away old electronics and scrap metal.
It's difficult finding "general" items - having specific types of objects in mind such as "computer motherboards" would be much easier. Despite this, you manage to find 8 small pieces of scrap metal and 5 broken electronic boards.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

It doesn't matter if the scrap explosion was harmless, we still managed to draw energy from scrap metal!

Sell the patent for our scrap 'splosion technique (we applied for a patent for it, right?) to an energy company for millions of dollars.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 09:19:47 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 01:22:08 am »

Scour dumpsters for computer motherboards, ram cards and other computer stuff.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2016, 05:34:16 am »

Go round the neighbourhood, offering the chance to see deadly scorpions for the extremely low price of $5.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:58:49 am by vishdafish »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2016, 06:12:51 am »

Go round the neighbourhood, offering the chance to see deadly scorpions for the extremely low price of $3.

I like this one, but I'd bump the price up to at LEAST $5
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2016, 01:32:53 pm »

Go round the neighbourhood, offering the chance to see deadly scorpions for the extremely low price of $5.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2016, 03:08:01 pm »

Let's start making homemade tasers form the electronics and scrap metal to sell to our customers along with the venom.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2016, 03:30:06 pm »

Make a hollow gangsta ring with a tiny retractile hypodermic needle to be filled with scorpion poison. Get in touch with the most powerful non-local gang (don't crap on your own doormat), talk your way to the head guy's second in command and evaluate his loyalty. Offer your service as a mad scientist. Give him the ring to either use as he wishes or give it to his boss (mentioning the expiration date).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:33:32 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2016, 06:31:33 pm »

You make a very lovely "SEE DEADLY SCORPIONS $5" sign and start parading around the area holding it. Somehow, you get 4 visitors after about two hours of it. That's a nice $20 of cash in your pockets.

You investigate the possibility of making a ring with a retractable scorpion VENOM injector. First, you buy the hypodermic needle. (-$2). Then, you find an adequate ring for $20. Finally, you painstakingly hollow out the ring, just barely making a big enough space without breaking the ring. You fill up the needle with the venom you harvested yesterday and insert it inside, closing up the ring and rigging a small "button" to extend it.
Item Created: Venom Ring

You're quite pleased with the result. There is a (large) flaw in the design, though - the venom itself. It's not going to keep for long. You decide to be upfront about this flaw and just mention the availability of refills.

Then there's the next step in your plans. You take a stroll over to a nearby gang (that doesn't occupy your general vicinity) and decide to try and find the second-in-command. After a lot of talking, you finally get to meet a lieutenant. While they're not the second-in-command, you decide that they'll do. You spend a bit of time discussing matters with him, evaluating his loyalty to the gang.
To say the least, he seems fairly loyal but you think you can tell he wants more power. You give him the ring (mentioning the venom expiration) and tell him how to contact you. He informs you that they'd be interested in purchasing any things you create relevant to their cause, such as weapons. He tells you how to contact him and leaves.

Well, that's that. You use the remaining time in your day to do a bit of research, routine stuff, and resource collection. You fill up the vial that was used to fill the ring again, this time with 2 ml of Scorpion Venom. Unfortunately you once again get no buyers online.

You consider the possibility of making a taser using your current supply of broken electronics and scrap metal, but it's simply not possible. You'd need a lot more tools, but more importantly, a power source (such as a battery) and wiring. Though with those materials it definitely would be very possible to build.

You spend the rest of your time today dumpster diving for computer parts. You find 3 Old Computer Parts. While ancient, they should work to some degree assuming they're set up properly. You find some discarded CPUs as well, but they're simply too delicate to survive something like this. It was hard enough finding functional versions of the much more durable components.
((Computer Parts are an abstraction of more or less anything that goes inside a computer. 1 computer part is 1 ram card, 1 motherboard, 1 hard drive, etc., but they don't cover CPUs or GPUs.))

You also tried to patent the Quik-Bomb™ Technique and quickly look around for investors, but they're all laughing at you.
Darn.

Spoiler: You (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 09:59:21 pm by Chiefwaffles »
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2016, 07:03:21 pm »

See about finding a cheaper way if making the Gangsta Ringstm. Maybe see about making the rings out of scrap? Also, did the lieutenant forget to pay us?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:10:48 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KiwiOui

• Bay Watcher
  • Genetic monstrosity of unknown origin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2016, 07:08:48 pm »

String together the computer bits onto an old TV display, for a data terminal.
Kiwis- Odd man out of both the animal and plant kingdoms.
Didn't we get the pilot? Can't we scan his brain?
If we did, +1, but I think they either got scrambled by the tractor beam or got blown out into space.
This is a normal discussion, folks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30