Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160382 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #165 on: September 30, 2016, 11:52:29 am »

For everyone else, your Terran handler seems to be showing his moment of weakness and despair!

Perhaps if you thought of asserting dominance and show who's the Alpha here, now would be the time?

Would you see this as your apparent leader showing signs of weakness?

does this bothers you? do you say/do anything?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 30, 2016, 11:56:27 am »

((It can happen to the best.
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-09-18
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-09-29
http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2016-09-30

Anyway, the best thing that can happen to a junior officer is having a good sergeant to back him up.))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:07:07 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #167 on: September 30, 2016, 12:03:57 pm »

((touched up my sheet. For reference \|/))
Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:14:22 pm by Insanegame27 »
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 30, 2016, 12:11:09 pm »

[23 years old is practically toddler for Elves. Is Reserti a Toddler?]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #169 on: September 30, 2016, 12:14:43 pm »

((Edited to 46. Am I good to go?))
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 30, 2016, 12:16:43 pm »

[You're now a prepubescent Elven child.]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #171 on: September 30, 2016, 12:17:46 pm »

((Age norms not mentioned in the races page... 84 years old?))

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 30, 2016, 12:20:40 pm »

[A good age for late-teenager Elf, yeah. Also, use the darn OOC Thread, we're clogging up the game for others.]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #173 on: September 30, 2016, 12:22:51 pm »

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)

Final sheet. Unless there's any objections, I'll jump straight in with reactions to the processing. I'd imagine my birds would be taken into care until mission time?

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 30, 2016, 12:27:16 pm »

Looks fine. Except Akras wouldn't have given you a gun, and you wouldn't have known how to fire one. And are you sure you want to not have any magic to help enhance your archery? mundane arrows are awfully obsolete compared to what Akras is fielding, even if Elven arrows. I suppose your short sword could be a thin, curved elven long knife, but otherwise elves don't do metal very much and more on magic.

If you're really fine without any enchantings for your weapons and skin to start off then go ahead and make a start. You could have went lost or something and just got Security to take you here just now.

And you'll still be stuck with the starter quest of learning things and cooking your first meal.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad recruiting!
« Reply #175 on: September 30, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »

For Non-Terran, it doesn't matter if you're a human or not, they don't care. You're all Gaian in Akras's eyes, and that means that the orientation guys makes it very clear that you must not fuck with the company. Do not steal from the company, do not try to harm the company, do not even try to run away with the company's stuff. The moment you signed that papers, your literal ass is the company's now. Try to start shit and you WILL be taken out the back and shot then have your body dissected for scientific purposes. They didn't give you any uniforms, but slapped a big patch onto your existing cloths with the same emblem/icon as their own, says it's Akras's logo and you're told to keep them on you and visible at all times.
After ensuring that his childhood love will be secured as early as possible and that his birds would be taken good care of, Reserti signs his life away. He grumbled a bit at the patch being applied to his traditional clothing, but went along with it. Hey, he signed up for it!

Then it's down to the showers, where you were sprayed by the mass with both hot and cold water using high-powered sprinklers, then air-dried for several minutes with turbines in the walls. It was very scary and confusing but you were assured that it's harmless and they just wanted to 'decontaminate' you, whatever that meant.
Reserti grits his teeth while he is being pressure-washed. All this automatic magic that these... Terrans... have done was simply mind-boggling.

Afterwards each one of you were led as four long lines through a building, the inside were the whitest and brightest you've ever experienced in your life, there were more humans there in white garbs and coats, wearing masks over their mouths and noses. Once it was your turn, you were told by the human in white to stick your arm inside some sort of an opening to a contraption, it was even scarier than the showers but they were at least honest and said that this is going to hurt. But it was for your own good as this will also vaccinate you to keep you from dying over modern super-evolved diseases.
Reserti lets out a gasp of pain as his elvish CON rolls a critical failure the machine clamped down on his arm...

The whole process only took five seconds, but boy did it hurt. Once it was done, you removed your arm from the contraption to find a new tattoo on it! They said this was to further identify you. You guess that must be right, since you've never seen such Tattoos before.
Spoiler: Tattoo (click to show/hide)
Reserti takes his arm out and holds onto the throbbing area of his arm, wishing that he had learned how to dull pain with magic.

Once done, you were moved through to the next room inside the same building, which you admit is one of the largest structure you've ever seen in your life and it's still not even the biggest one inside the new compound. Each one of you were handed what looked like a shiny metal ingot about the size of your palm, but it's far too light to be metal. Then some sort of a small rectangular box of the same size, they're both very colourful to your eyes. With the Ingot having an image of an honestly delicious-looking soup with chunky meat cubes in it and the box an image of a translucent mug of sort with golden yellowish liquid inside, if it weren't for it being surrounded by apples, you might've been alarmed. It appears to come with it's own tube of sort and the top have a small target-like circle that seems weaker than the rest of the box itself. Of course, there are some sort of letters on them but you couldn't read Terran.
After you were handed the ingot and bar, you were ushered off and separated into groups and given designations. The PC are Designated Auxiliary Gate Team 47 or AGT.0047 and are told to remember it.
And this is where they said that you'll be meeting your Terran handlers, and will be where Terran PCs have been told to wait for their Auxiliary attachment.
Everyone is now together in the same spot inside the Logistics building, your first given task is to head to your assigned squad room, learn how to cook and consume the given ingot and box, familiarize yourselves with the equipment for general living inside said room such as the microwave, fridge, showers, sink, water boiler, etc and learn the layout between your squad room, the logistics building and mission control building. The Terran PCs are assigned with teaching your new Gaian squadmates how to live like a normal Terran human being. Your rooms are expected to stay relatively clean, laundry is twice a week and trash incineration is every sunday.
Post-Adjustment briefings starts tomorrow morning, do not be late.

Marched into the room by two security guards stands a young elfling. When the door shuts behind him, he pulls out two of the small boxes from his pocket and tosses them onto the nearest table.

After managing to open the soup and put it into a bow and heating it up, Reserti hides the rubbish in the microwave while taking long slurps out of the bowl. "I am curious, Terran. What school of magic do these devices utilise? I would imagine the destruction school with a discipline in fire. I am only eighty-four years old, so forgive my childish nature and ignorance, but I am intrigued."
"Oh, I never introduced myself, how silly of me. I am Reserti Refertiti, beloved of the fair maiden Iúlwen. I left my village to seek a better life, but my travelling companions and I were ambushed twice on our way here, and I... was the only one... to survive..." Reserti looks down at the floor, seemingly ashamed of himself.

((I'd imagine it's a fairly standard-issue sidearm. The instructions are literally 'point this at what you want dead and squeeze this lever-thing. It wouldn't be too hard to learn the basics within an hour. Also, do we have our weapons with us in the dorm?))
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 12:55:44 pm by Insanegame27 »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: September 30, 2016, 01:09:19 pm »

Melnakos walks over to Amadou and gives him a pat on the back. Don't fall into despair. Arkas seems like a competent organization so there is still plenty of hope to have for the future. You also seem to have a good head on your shoulders so that speaks well of your family and their ability to survive this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:54:27 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 30, 2016, 01:19:22 pm »

[You each have footlockers to put your possessions in them, Akras doesn't care if said possessions are weapons or not.]

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #178 on: September 30, 2016, 01:26:02 pm »

Reserti slings a heavy cloth case off his back and rests it against his bunk. He then sits on the bunk and closes his eyes. Reserti then sighs and flops down on the bed. A solitary tear rolls out of his eye. "We'll have a better life together, soon, my love." he says to the thin air.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:36:20 pm by Insanegame27 »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2016, 02:04:40 pm »

Spoiler: Ratodx Tamoren (click to show/hide)

Well that took a fair bit longer than I'd expected or hoped. Assuming that everything is in order I'll have my reactions below.

For Non-Terran, it doesn't matter if you're a human or not, they don't care. You're all Gaian in Akras's eyes, and that means that the orientation guys makes it very clear that you must not fuck with the company. Do not steal from the company, do not try to harm the company, do not even try to run away with the company's stuff. The moment you signed that papers, your literal ass is the company's now. Try to start shit and you WILL be taken out the back and shot then have your body dissected for scientific purposes. They didn't give you any uniforms, but slapped a big patch onto your existing cloths with the same emblem/icon as their own, says it's Akras's logo and you're told to keep them on you and visible at all times.

Ratodx nods along and signs where needed, keeping quiet for the most part. Just like home, making sure it's known that the Clan won't tolerate unsubtle bullshittery.

Then it's down to the showers, where you were sprayed by the mass with both hot and cold water using high-powered sprinklers, then air-dried for several minutes with turbines in the walls. It was very scary and confusing but you were assured that it's harmless and they just wanted to 'decontaminate' you, whatever that meant.

Ratodx sends a few glares at where the blasting came from while trying to keep himself steady. Seems like bullfuckery tolerance is only a one way path.

Afterwards each one of you were led as four long lines through a building, the inside were the whitest and brightest you've ever experienced in your life, there were more humans there in white garbs and coats, wearing masks over their mouths and noses. Once it was your turn, you were told by the human in white to stick your arm inside some sort of an opening to a contraption, it was even scarier than the showers but they were at least honest and said that this is going to hurt. But it was for your own good as this will also vaccinate you to keep you from dying over modern super-evolved diseases.

The idea of not dying to diseases was nice, but didn't stop Ratodx's grimace from the injections.

The whole process only took five seconds, but boy did it hurt. Once it was done, you removed your arm from the contraption to find a new tattoo on it! They said this was to further identify you. You guess that must be right, since you've never seen such Tattoos before.
Spoiler: Tattoo (click to show/hide)

Ratodx rubbed the newly tattooed area some to try to help work the pain away as he followed along in line.

Once done, you were moved through to the next room inside the same building, which you admit is one of the largest structure you've ever seen in your life and it's still not even the biggest one inside the new compound. Each one of you were handed what looked like a shiny metal ingot about the size of your palm, but it's far too light to be metal. Then some sort of a small rectangular box of the same size, they're both very colourful to your eyes. With the Ingot having an image of an honestly delicious-looking soup with chunky meat cubes in it and the box an image of a translucent mug of sort with golden yellowish liquid inside, if it weren't for it being surrounded by apples, you might've been alarmed. It appears to come with it's own tube of sort and the top have a small target-like circle that seems weaker than the rest of the box itself. Of course, there are some sort of letters on them but you couldn't read Terran.
After you were handed the ingot and bar, you were ushered off and separated into groups and given designations. The PC are Designated Auxiliary Gate Team 47 or AGT.0047 and are told to remember it.
And this is where they said that you'll be meeting your Terran handlers, and will be where Terran PCs have been told to wait for their Auxiliary attachment.
Everyone is now together in the same spot inside the Logistics building, your first given task is to head to your assigned squad room, learn how to cook and consume the given ingot and box, familiarize yourselves with the equipment for general living inside said room such as the microwave, fridge, showers, sink, water boiler, etc and learn the layout between your squad room, the logistics building and mission control building. The Terran PCs are assigned with teaching your new Gaian squadmates how to live like a normal Terran human being. Your rooms are expected to stay relatively clean, laundry is twice a week and trash incineration is every sunday.
Post-Adjustment briefings starts tomorrow morning, do not be late.

Ratodx is dropped off by Security to see a Terran being comforted by an elf, a human and an elf looking on, and an elf sitting on a bed. He decides to wait to see if they'll try to kill him before going much further in the room.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 03:29:43 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 201