Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 160420 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad recruiting!
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2016, 01:42:19 pm »

Thanks. I put it in the backstory that the character was slightly malnourished as a child and had some doubts that he'd pass muster on the astronaut physical exams, so those numbers fit well with the image.
Both of our characters seem to have "malnourished" as a background trait. Do you think you could change yours to a childhood illness instead to avoid too many similarities? If not then I have come up with a Team Name idea:
Expendable Ackras Termination Squad: EATS

What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2016, 01:48:24 pm »

Thanks. I put it in the backstory that the character was slightly malnourished as a child and had some doubts that he'd pass muster on the astronaut physical exams, so those numbers fit well with the image.
Both of our characters seem to have "malnourished" as a background trait. Do you think you could change yours to a childhood illness instead to avoid too many similarities? If not then I have come up with a Team Name idea:
Expendable Ackras Termination Squad: EATS

I think Khaiden wins then.

Still, it's a similarity they can bond over to promote team spirit and syner...damn that soul was full of buzzwords.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2016, 02:00:05 pm »

It cost Foxhound's medic Jon 100 Credits* for his body. Said body has demonstrated the capacity to sprint nonstop, carry the equivalent of a gunship mounted vulcan cannon And use it. Preform the equivalent of bullettime. Shoot lasers. Shoot rockets. Preform surgery with an integrated kit. Shoot tranqs. And quite a few others. This is a Military Grade Custom Full Body Transplant we're talking. Probably the most invasive surgery ever created. Even puts bits in the brain to aid processing.

There isn't rejection. This is something Akras specializes in. They're a biotech, cybernetics, and robotics focused megacorp. Frankly the body isn't very vulnerable to many things. Insanity is purely on a person to person basis. If the person who gets the aug is insane then that's his problem and not Akras's. The body itself won't induce insanity.

I'd say maybe by the third mission you'll rake in enough for the upgrade in personal funds if your squad really preforms above and beyond.

*A credit is the equivalent of around 250 irl US Dollars.

Also there's an edit button. You can edit afterthoughts into your posts rather than making more posts.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2016, 02:10:44 pm »

It cost Foxhound's medic Jon 100 Credits* for his body. Said body has demonstrated the capacity to sprint nonstop, carry the equivalent of a gunship mounted vulcan cannon And use it. Preform the equivalent of bullettime. Shoot lasers. Shoot rockets. Preform surgery with an integrated kit. Shoot tranqs. And quite a few others. This is a Military Grade Custom Full Body Transplant we're talking. Probably the most invasive surgery ever created. Even puts bits in the brain to aid processing.

There isn't rejection. This is something Akras specializes in. They're a biotech, cybernetics, and robotics focused megacorp. Frankly the body isn't very vulnerable to many things. Insanity is purely on a person to person basis. If the person who gets the aug is insane then that's his problem and not Akras's. The body itself won't induce insanity.

I'd say maybe by the third mission you'll rake in enough for the upgrade in personal funds if your squad really preforms above and beyond.

*A credit is the equivalent of around 250 irl US Dollars.

In that case Khaiden is http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/WorkingForABodyUpgrade

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2016, 02:54:44 pm »

Squad name tends to come after you accomplish a few missions and comes with a name related perk.

((Wait, whats our perk?))
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2016, 02:57:36 pm »

Squad name tends to come after you accomplish a few missions and comes with a name related perk.

((Wait, whats our perk?))

A pizza party, employee of the month, and discount at the company store.

(I'm just kidding, our employer isn't like that.)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 24, 2016, 03:01:30 pm »

((Our perk is half price on all ammo. This includes rockets, missiles, grenades, and gauss spikes.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 24, 2016, 04:50:50 pm »

Everyone, please don't forget to get your FREE first aid kit: if you needed it, you'll be glad the medic can use it; if you get insta-killed, the medic will gladly try to get it should someone else need it (who might be your own next character if you're unlucky enough). ;)

@vkiNm and/or Kevak: please add it to the template on the OP so people won't pass it by.
I also made a little mistake regarding the toolkit: there's no first aid toolkit on the list. There is, however, a surgery toolkit; if I get an advanced one can I perform surgery at +2 instead of +0, would it have a penalty, or one can't even attempt it without the skill? If the former, I'll change the kit; otherwise, I'd rather have a free basic kit, and exchange the BDU and vest for an assault suit.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:53:17 pm by Maegil »

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 24, 2016, 04:56:26 pm »

Advanced kits provide greater boni compared to basic kits.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 24, 2016, 05:09:52 pm »

So it does, but can I use it without any points on the skill?
You know what? On second thoughts, I'd like to change it to the free basic kit and exchange the BDU and vest for an assault suit after all; I should try to improve my chances to actually survive long enough to get those points in surgery.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 24, 2016, 05:24:01 pm »

Alrighty. And yes, you can use kits without skill, just it might not end well depending on the roll.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2016, 12:15:13 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 12:19:25 am by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2016, 12:17:11 am »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
That works. We went over it in pm's already. Ye could technically get 5 credits more gear if ya wanted though. Or save those credits.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2016, 12:19:08 am »

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot about them.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 201