Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159804 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1560 on: October 21, 2016, 09:57:10 pm »

"Use your power sparingly Dexter, we're likely going to need it. And unlike mine yours isn't as easily to regain."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: October 21, 2016, 10:05:20 pm »

Regon will continue the ritual, making sure to let the forest know he's here to help and they plan to get rid of what's draining the forest, and asks for what help the forest can offer him, no matter how small
The Woods Creak ..dispersal. A thoughtnudge towards the Storm. You get the feeling the Woods are far too weak to provide boons currently.

Dexter will try to create a beam of light to illuminate the sky ( like a searchlight)
He is with Khaiden and Danh
You light up a section of the sky with the illusion of light. . However due to the nature of the spell as an illusion, you aren't actually sure if this really lit up the sky or if it's just the perception of light. Maybe it's both? You certainly can sense whatever the fuck is flying around up there whenever it flies through your illusion. However neither you, nor others can see it directly.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: October 21, 2016, 10:06:44 pm »

"Does Akras have any technology that would give us a better view?"

To Dhan.

Kavrick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: October 21, 2016, 10:11:54 pm »

After learning what he can, he goes back to his garden to settle down for the night, making sure to bandage his hands with adleaf as he always does after said rituals
"how can they not fight in glorious hand to hand combat, face to face with their adversaries, like all true champions of the battlefield do?"

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: October 21, 2016, 10:13:42 pm »

To Dhan:

"I'm just going to drop the 'I advise'' bit time is essential: we need to gather the squad."

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:00 pm »

I'm not getting much, but I guess every bit helps.

Dexter notes the UFOs general size, location, and speed. He then shuts off his beacon.

They're headed towards the village!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 10:24:44 pm by S34N1C »
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: October 21, 2016, 10:21:54 pm »

"What do we have that can hit them?"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: October 21, 2016, 10:24:40 pm »

I'mnot getting much, but I guess every bit helps.

Dexter notes the UFOs general size, location, and speed. He then shuts off his beacon.

They're headed towards the village!
They're bird sized. The speed varies. Not too fast not too slow. They move a lot.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: October 21, 2016, 10:25:21 pm »

Seeing the squad has decided to run around without real tactical solutions, Ratodx sighs and opens a private channel to Captain Raynolds. "Oi, Captain, sorry I'm bothering you. You and your crew still awake? Apparently there are some less than friendlies flying above the village that are rather small, so it might be an idea if we could coordinate on dealing with them since we can't hit them and you probably can't see them."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: October 21, 2016, 10:27:17 pm »

We can't hit them from the ground, they're too small. I bet the VTOL could take them out though.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: October 21, 2016, 10:28:35 pm »

"Seems like a waste of ammunition for small targets. That's why I want to know if we have anything capable of precision."

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: October 21, 2016, 10:41:25 pm »

No responses come from Cpt. Raynolds or his crew. It's around 22:00 so he's probably resting.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: October 21, 2016, 10:48:55 pm »

Ratodx nods and makes a quick think and asks himself a question or two. Do I actually care about this? Will Illusionary Light have let those things know that they were noticed? Is this anything we can actually do anything about? It seemed like all three held the same answer, so Ratodx went back inside the quarters to look around to see if there was a tablet or something that he could try to get some videos on. He makes sure his comms are receiving on the squad channel in case there's actually anything Danh wants him to do.

"So, Mako, how have you been?"
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 01:23:59 pm by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: October 21, 2016, 11:16:50 pm »

Grunting, Danh shoulders his rifle, and takes aim at the flying creatures.
"I ain't too sure what those things are, but they're not normal, and they're flying over where we live. So fuck 'em."
He wants to make this burst count. Breathing in, and breathing out, he grips the rifle.
Place the finger over the trigger.
And...
...squeeze.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: October 22, 2016, 02:21:48 am »

Amadou startles awake from a restless sleep to the sound of gunfire. Quickly grabbing his gear, he hears the team chatter, looks at the darkness, sees only bursts of automatic fire, and activates night vision.

It's still too early, his BAC fells close to .20...
His eyes are a bit blurry and having some trouble to focus, his tongue was scoured by the Sahara, his stomach has definitively seen better days, and his head seems about to split into at least six parts, but duty, and the team's needs demand him to just go.

Wasting precious seconds, he pops a couple of light analgesics and caffeine and quaffs a big amount of water for the ponding headache that hits him with both blunt hammers behind the head and from the eyeballs to the temples and sharp stilettos on the top of his head.

"Guys, I'm on my way. The trike has a searchlight, I'll be with you in an instant."

Though knowing he's still very drunk, but alert from the adrenaline rushing in his system, he takes the trike - and the mounted LMG - to where the other are. To prevent blinding their night vision, he trusts his helmet and goes with the lights off.
He goes slowly, aware of his current limitations, and at the same time tries to keep an eye out for the attackers.

((Alcohol is metabolised at 0.016 BAC per hour. Caffeine and adrenaline can increase the alertness and mitigate the intoxication effects but they don't increase the amount of enzymes, so the metabolism rate is unaffected.
In the future there probably is some medicine to clear it from the bloodstream, but since Amadou wasn't expect having to deal with anyone getting drunk, he didn't have any.))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 07:07:41 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 201