Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 159812 times)

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #1575 on: October 22, 2016, 02:29:59 am »

((This can ONLY end well...))
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: October 22, 2016, 03:11:26 am »

((Just RPing the situation...))

((Expanded the previous post))
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:01:01 am by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: October 22, 2016, 10:02:02 am »

Mako had went out to take a walk again. (The villagers don't do anything interesting except being unwashed) She had hear the others on comms and had been looking out for whatever the hell's flying in the sky, though.

"I'm at the village, I'm trying to gain visual on the bogeys. Any idea what the hell these are?

Send out the drone (it's a recon drone so I assume it has night vision) to search for the flying creatures (preferably without being spotted) and try to map their position
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: October 22, 2016, 10:18:23 am »

((Don't the drones have radar? Even my radar can spot light rain, so 25th century computer-assisted radar imaging might be sensitive enough to see the birds.))

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: October 22, 2016, 11:55:10 am »

Danh calls out to Mako, "They're flying, and they're unnatural, and I think they have something to due with this place's track record of kids that go poof!"
He's still aiming, firing whenever he gets a clear shot.
Or, well, any shot at all.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: October 22, 2016, 12:19:20 pm »

((Don't the drones have radar? Even my radar can spot light rain, so 25th century computer-assisted radar imaging might be sensitive enough to see the birds.))
((Well I meant that Mako might not be able to see the birds with her naked eye, and she just only sent out the drone))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: October 22, 2016, 04:59:51 pm »

Grunting, Danh shoulders his rifle, and takes aim at the flying creatures.
"I ain't too sure what those things are, but they're not normal, and they're flying over where we live. So fuck 'em."
He wants to make this burst count. Breathing in, and breathing out, he grips the rifle.
Place the finger over the trigger.
And...
...squeeze.
Dahn fires at the small creatures. The frankly massive bullets impact whatever the hell they are and the creatures go splat. Specifically. They explode into gibbets and rain down on the village. Whomever is the janitor is going to have a Wonderful day tomorrow.

Mako had went out to take a walk again. (The villagers don't do anything interesting except being unwashed) She had hear the others on comms and had been looking out for whatever the hell's flying in the sky, though.

"I'm at the village, I'm trying to gain visual on the bogeys. Any idea what the hell these are?

Send out the drone (it's a recon drone so I assume it has night vision) to search for the flying creatures (preferably without being spotted) and try to map their position
The recon drone is launched in time to see the small batlike creatures get splattered out of the sky. Doesn't look like there's much left of em.

Amadou startles awake from a restless sleep to the sound of gunfire. Quickly grabbing his gear, he hears the team chatter, looks at the darkness, sees only bursts of automatic fire, and activates night vision.

It's still too early, his BAC fells close to .20...
His eyes are a bit blurry and having some trouble to focus, his tongue was scoured by the Sahara, his stomach has definitively seen better days, and his head seems about to split into at least six parts, but duty, and the team's needs demand him to just go.

Wasting precious seconds, he pops a couple of light analgesics and caffeine and quaffs a big amount of water for the ponding headache that hits him with both blunt hammers behind the head and from the eyeballs to the temples and sharp stilettos on the top of his head.

"Guys, I'm on my way. The trike has a searchlight, I'll be with you in an instant."

Though knowing he's still very drunk, but alert from the adrenaline rushing in his system, he takes the trike - and the mounted LMG - to where the other are. To prevent blinding their night vision, he trusts his helmet and goes with the lights off.
He goes slowly, aware of his current limitations, and at the same time tries to keep an eye out for the attackers.

((Alcohol is metabolised at 0.016 BAC per hour. Caffeine and adrenaline can increase the alertness and mitigate the intoxication effects but they don't increase the amount of enzymes, so the metabolism rate is unaffected.
In the future there probably is some medicine to clear it from the bloodstream, but since Amadou wasn't expect having to deal with anyone getting drunk, he didn't have any.))
Are you Sure that you want to drive drunk?

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: October 22, 2016, 05:02:08 pm »

To Dhan:

"Nice shooting. Let's gather the pieces carefully before some villager picks them up. Touching them with bare skin is unlikely to be a good idea."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1583 on: October 22, 2016, 05:05:50 pm »

Reserti's just sitting there on his bird, watching the others running around like headless chickens.
"Are you guys sure this isn't a complete overreaction?"
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: October 22, 2016, 05:11:02 pm »

"How is it an overreaction? It was a choice between leaving unknown creatures up there for unknown reasons or shooting them down so we can learn more. Maybe Dr. Tal would be interested. Right now we need to retrieve what's left of them. To Dhan: What do we have for handling hazardous materials and can we get a link to Dr. Tal?"
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: October 22, 2016, 05:16:36 pm »

[I like how Cade Insane is totally fan-girling out on Dr. Tal.]
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: October 22, 2016, 05:18:56 pm »

((Yes, but he'll drive swerve slowly. He's drunk and he knows it, so he's taking this calculated risk carefully. The trike has the LMG and a spotlight, they might be needed, and in any case Amadou is dutiful.))

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: October 22, 2016, 05:23:49 pm »

((I'm going to say again. Are you Sure that you want to drive while completely shitfaced? This is one of those things you asked twice on confirming that you want to do.))

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: October 22, 2016, 05:36:09 pm »

((See above.))

Bill Chompski

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: October 22, 2016, 05:39:31 pm »

Danh grins behind his helmet, flicking the safety on, and resting the gun on his shoulder.
Turning to Khaiden, he says, "Uh, who? I dunno who that is."
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 201