Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC  (Read 41386 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue Trader (something grimdark): Character Creation/OOC
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2016, 08:25:55 pm »

As a warning, though I did not see specific rules, repairing archeo tech equipment that does get damaged will be at least -30.

That said, the future is a dangerous place and you are likely to encounter many enemies.  The command staff of a rogue trader vessel will not be facing off against underhive gangs and feudal cultists.  I will not make the enemy to defeat you, but they will be armed as appropriate.

Also you guys are totally ignoring power weapons :P

Here is the ship so far, it looks like an even split between transport and frigate, but the popular transport ruins my plans to have you all tried and executed as xeno lovers introduce characters I just thought up.  So I will use a frigate, add a cargo hold and let us see where we go from there.

Sword-Class Frigate "Diplomatic Gesture"
Martial Hubris
Xenophilious
Population 100
Moral 96 (-1 Stale Air -3 Suffer not the Alien)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Remaining ship points 9
Remaining Power  21
Remaining Space 13

Must Select a Xenotech component
!!!No weapons!!!

Essential Components

Weapons

Supplemental Components

I am still reviewing the character sheets, lotsa info.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 17, 2016, 08:35:47 pm »

As for the required xeno-tech module thing, Gravity Sails or Runecaster maybe? The micro-laser thing looks pretty cool too.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 17, 2016, 08:38:33 pm »

To Twinwolf:

You can reroll one, for your smart and charismatic arch militant

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 17, 2016, 08:46:39 pm »

Well we certainly need some cannons. Does a pair of Mars Pattern Macrocannons sound reasonable? (8 power 4 space 2 SP combined). I think we have enough space to pretty much let everyone pick out one component they really want with a bit of compromise (assuming someone takes the xeno component as their choice, they usually cost 1-2 SP each with a bit more space/power.)

I am still reviewing the character sheets, lotsa info.

Sorry for all the nonsense  :-\.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 17, 2016, 08:56:13 pm »

Well we certainly need some cannons. Does a pair of Mars Pattern Macrocannons sound reasonable? (8 power 4 space 2 SP combined). I think we have enough space to pretty much let everyone pick out one component they really want with a bit of compromise (assuming someone takes the xeno component as their choice, they usually cost 1-2 SP each with a bit more space/power.)
I'm not too well-versed in Rogue Trader to know what's good, but several of the things look pretty neat. The Mars Pattern Macrocannons themselves look to sstrike a nice even balance between all of the rest of the cannons. We could grab the Starbreaker or Titanforge lances, the battery just looks to be too much.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 17, 2016, 09:12:33 pm »

To Twinwolf:

I don't suppose it's too late to Point Buy :P

I ask because A: I found that option in the rulebook now and B: I think that would fit a Missionary more than a Arch Militiant :P

Although if I do get that statset, I *can* go Missionary.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 17, 2016, 09:16:43 pm »

We may also want to upgrade our components to offset some of that morale hit. Clan-kin quarters(1 power, 4 space, +1 sp) may be nice for offsetting further morale losses and giving boarding defense. If we want to stay out longer we could get a Arboretum(2,2,1) for twice the endurance prior to crew and morale losses and an extra two crew points. A Clemency-pattern life sustainer(4,4,-) would give an extra morale point while also reducing depressurization losses.

Sadly, one of the items I would really like to have we cant get, namely a landing bay of any form.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 17, 2016, 09:20:27 pm »

To Twinwolf:

I don't suppose it's too late to Point Buy :P

I ask because A: I found that option in the rulebook now and B: I think that would fit a Missionary more than a Arch Militiant :P

Although if I do get that statset, I *can* go Missionary.
I  mean, I just rolled my 9 stats and then set them to the characteristics I wanted them to be, that being siad, my Arch Militant is kinda lacking in leadership skills, social abilities in general, if you really want to try at optimizing the party and trying to be different from mine.

We may also want to upgrade our components to offset some of that morale hit. Clan-kin quarters(1 power, 4 space, +1 sp) may be nice for offsetting further morale losses and giving boarding defense. If we want to stay out longer we could get a Arboretum(2,2,1) for twice the endurance prior to crew and morale losses and an extra two crew points. A Clemency-pattern life sustainer(4,4,-) would give an extra morale point while also reducing depressurization losses.

Sadly, one of the items I would really like to have we cant get, namely a landing bay of any form.
The Clan-kin quarters sound pretty good

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 17, 2016, 09:30:21 pm »

I'm not too well-versed in Rogue Trader to know what's good, but several of the things look pretty neat. The Mars Pattern Macrocannons themselves look to sstrike a nice even balance between all of the rest of the cannons. We could grab the Starbreaker or Titanforge lances, the battery just looks to be too much.

Lance are prow-only, and difficult to use right, as they are prow only you have to aim, and they pretty much only get one hit, meaning you have to knock the shields out with macrobatteries first. They generally work better on larger things like the Cruisers, who have the extra to spare, and even then there are the super-cool Nova Cannons we could replace them with....Off topic, short version is we can't get lances. We can't get the battery either, as it is only for Cruisers etc. I'd suggest just finding something you think is cool and suggesting it :P.

That is more than one choice :0. I thought about getting something with that or a torpedo tube, but it is kinda mean using something so complicated from a book the GM doesn't have. I like the way the clan-kin quarters and arboretum are fluffed personally, they seem cool to have on the ship. Someone really really wants us to put up Choir Chambers (1,1,1), which seems reasonable to add too. Keep in mind we can add stuff later with acquisition tests. Crew Improvements Upgrade is only average rarity, and Good quality can raise it up +3 permanently which would basically only take a profit factor roll to get.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:31:56 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 17, 2016, 09:39:23 pm »

Well, the tenebro maze or some barracks would be pretty neat, and helpful if we end up in a lot of ship combat, which I would think we would.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 17, 2016, 09:41:54 pm »

Hey, do we have a warrant path done, or are we not doing those? Because it looks like that would be really neat.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:09 pm »

Hey, do we have a warrant path done, or are we not doing those? Because it looks like that would be really neat.
Warrant path?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 17, 2016, 09:48:00 pm »

Warrant path?
I was about to say the same thing.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 17, 2016, 09:49:27 pm »

Warrant path?
I was about to say the same thing.
Maybe Asea meant Origin Path?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 17, 2016, 09:49:58 pm »

The existing missionary will probably be scrapped anyway for a rogue trader.  Average rolls for an arch militant, but you could very well be a leader of soldiers as well.  Maybe an ex-commisar!

Arch militants get very cheap combat related advances also.

Also someone chose Footfallen, that should probably apply to the Aurorus expanse anyway, but wanted to make sure you wanted the Kronous expanse stuff to apply instead.  Fish in water and fish out of water both have an appeal.

In case you were wondering the warp gate exits on the edge of the Calixis sector at a Fortress world once used as a border defense before the Arguile Crusade.  A battlecruiser and three cruisers plus adjacent frigates make up the world's Naval defenses, though they are of little use to you due to the six month journey to get to the other side of the gate.  They are primarily to keep riff raff from escaping.

Also the rogue trader needs to add the last child to his character sheet.  Gain Barter and Trade(any one) plus +3 to Int or Fel.  You also lose 2 profit factor.  As I am choosing it, it is free.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31