Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26

Author Topic: Arms Race: Forenia vs. Sectoids (Seeking replacement GM)  (Read 32493 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race: Forenia vs. Sectoids (First Half of 1941, Revision)
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2016, 11:08:57 pm »

We could shove a supercharger on the v6. The problem with trying to shove a larger engine in is it needs a larger engine bay. Also, cargospace? What cargo space?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 21, 2016, 11:59:55 pm »

Right, yes, the first time I read it I though "A.P.C." instead of "armoured car"... But just extend the chassis a little and leave the engine sticking out the back. Once the thing gets it gun and any infantry who manage to remain attached to it to the battlefield the engine has basically served its purpose...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2016, 02:01:14 am »

That sounds actually not retarded. I'll support it.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2016, 03:19:08 am »

I'll support the Rabid Moose as well.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 22, 2016, 03:29:03 am »

Although just a comment: should we try upping the Moose's armament too? Mounting a mortar mayber?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 22, 2016, 03:36:54 am »

That may be pushing it for a revision, especially as we don't want the added weight of the mortar to defeat the purpose of getting to the landing site in the first place.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #231 on: September 22, 2016, 10:56:46 am »

I hope, coming up, we can look for some way to actually shoot down the ETOs. Otherwise they're going to continue savaging our airspace with impunity. The most realistic course would be radar controlled artillery, but that sounds like a terrible idea for killing fast ETOs. If we're crazy enough to do helicopter, then we can do guided missiles, and missiles are a far more practical idea for killing ETOs than jet fighters.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 01:10:12 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 22, 2016, 12:41:47 pm »

Although just a comment: should we try upping the Moose's armament too? Mounting a mortar mayber?
Rockets maybe? Bolti a few UF-RPG28's to the side's?
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 22, 2016, 12:49:05 pm »

A rocket launcher pack would be useful, particularly if we make it easily attachable to things.
Highly Opinionated Fool

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 22, 2016, 12:50:04 pm »

can't the crew just carry rocket launchers by hand? we are still talking about infantry weapons.

edit: besides, this proposed revision already makes a frankenstein-like monster of trying to design an entirely new vehicle in the hull of another( really, what is left of the old car? engine is replaced, all transmission will have to be replaced, suspensions will need redesigning for much different conditions. We are cutting holes everywhere to make things fit and likely have to do reinforcing and patchwork to avoid rapid disassembly of the frankencomponents at the planned speed. The only thing we don't have to redesign is the seats.). I don't think we should try to add further things like bolt on RPGs or added machineguns.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:59:04 pm by andrea »

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 22, 2016, 01:11:20 pm »

edit: besides, this proposed revision already makes a frankenstein-like monster of trying to design an entirely new vehicle in the hull of another( really, what is left of the old car? engine is replaced, all transmission will have to be replaced, suspensions will need redesigning for much different conditions. We are cutting holes everywhere to make things fit and likely have to do reinforcing and patchwork to avoid rapid disassembly of the frankencomponents at the planned speed. The only thing we don't have to redesign is the seats.). I don't think we should try to add further things like bolt on RPGs or added machineguns.

Being perfectly honest, I'm was already half thinking of refusing it as a revision without the ideas of adding the bolt-ons due to too much needing to be changed.  This comment is starting to push me even further along in that line of thinking.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

3_14159

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 22, 2016, 01:14:28 pm »

@Zanzetkuken: Would the introduction of proximity-fuses count as a revision?

Aside from that, I have two proposals:
a) Build a firing computer for the Bumblebee. Immediately useful for hitting UFOs and gives us valuable tech.
b) Radio revision. Helps us with most of the things.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #237 on: September 22, 2016, 01:27:06 pm »

Honestly I am wondering if we're doing it right. All the time we think in terms of military, while we should actually consider going guerilla based on the tremendous tech difference. Consider making some kind of heavy breaching charge, possibly using the AT mines or something, and handing them out to civilians and militia bands that would operate close to the landing zones and could possibly try to sneak up on enemy craft to rip a hole in them. We simply can't face the dust devils head-on.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 22, 2016, 01:32:25 pm »

This is a less drastic version of RAM's Rabid Moose, with the intention of it actually being legal as a revision.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 22, 2016, 01:49:56 pm »

I support that if its the 12 cylinder turbocharged and fuel injected engine from the UF-T33. Because really, the T2 is obsolete for us.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 26