Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 561

Author Topic: Fan art competition! *Moving sound*  (Read 1456224 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Fan art competition!
« Reply #5130 on: June 25, 2010, 08:55:42 pm »

"But they're trees!"
"Listen, our uncle Urist got on the wrong side of this place and met a fiery end in magma! Screw the trees!"
"But they're still trees"
"Okay, if you want to play 'Tentacle Demon' with the trees, you can, as long as you leave me out of it. I'm not going."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: June 25, 2010, 08:56:52 pm »

"But they're trees!"
"Listen, our uncle Urist got on the wrong side of this place and met a fiery end in magma! Screw the trees!"
"Okay, if you want to play 'Tentacle Demon' with the trees, you can, as long as you leave me out of it. I'm not going."
my mind.... it burns..
Nom nom nom

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: June 25, 2010, 10:46:00 pm »

"But they're trees!"
my mind.... it burns..
My dad saw a crack whore play that game outside his Applebees. She was arrested.

Goddamn hippies. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: June 26, 2010, 03:18:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

he has a beard... and pointy ears

is that some kind of DWARF-ELF?!
I count dwarves among the "fay", non-human races that have pointy ears. :P I think Tolkien-dwarves had pointed ears.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: June 26, 2010, 03:40:50 am »

i'm with you, Soadreqm

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: June 26, 2010, 04:01:58 am »

tolkein didn't even put pointed ears on his elves. I doubt his dwarves would have had them.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: June 26, 2010, 06:03:22 am »

Point. Tolkien could talk for pages about trees and insert songs about something that happened a thousand years earlier, but he was still pretty vague with some of his descriptions. Well, the film version, at least, gave dwarves pointed ears.

And either way, they're still fay. In my mind, having round ears is a human trait, and outside the struggling human cities, the flickering beacons of civilization, is an inhospitable fairyland of elves and gnomes and dragons and dwarves. Yeah, dwarves have cities too, but they're different kind of cities. Thus; dwarves with pointy ears.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: June 26, 2010, 09:21:51 am »

svartalfar for the win!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: June 26, 2010, 05:39:49 pm »

A goblin kidnapper child liberator sneaking throught the dwarven stronghold. The tunnels seem to go on forever. The ringing of hammers and shouts of workers echo from somewhere even further down below.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: June 26, 2010, 05:49:38 pm »

A goblin kidnapper child liberator sneaking throught the dwarven stronghold. The tunnels seem to go on forever. The ringing of hammers and shouts of workers echo from somewhere even further down below.

I give him 2 minutes before he's seen.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: June 26, 2010, 07:40:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I give him 2 minutes before he's seen.
Six seconds if there's a catsplosion.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: June 27, 2010, 12:15:44 am »

I drew another Demon.

this time I went for a more bulky and brutish frame, but I maintained the lack of a visible face. I also tried to make his armour as nasty and spikey as possible.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: June 27, 2010, 01:14:59 am »

Awesome, The face armor gives what looks like a jaw, sort of giving him an Ork look as apposed to the chill one would get from a faceless enemy

Fault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: June 27, 2010, 01:40:19 am »

thanks. what I was going for with the face plates was that, depending on where they were placed on the head, the spikes would evoke different facial features. the lower plates are tusks, the upper plates are horns, etc (even though in terms of shape the spikes are basically identical)

Stove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: June 27, 2010, 02:18:01 pm »

Point. Tolkien could talk for pages about trees and insert songs about something that happened a thousand years earlier, but he was still pretty vague with some of his descriptions. Well, the film version, at least, gave dwarves pointed ears.

No they didn't! The Elves and Hobbits did in the films, which was based on some things Tolkien wrote outside of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. It has always been a debated point, though.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 561