Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding vegetal sources for milk and wax  (Read 682 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modding vegetal sources for milk and wax
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:18:05 pm »

Hello,

I would like to mod vegetal sources for milk and wax and I would like to know if both are hardcoded for only be linked to creatures.

Thank you for your help.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Modding vegetal sources for milk and wax
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 08:21:30 pm »

Hello,

I would like to mod vegetal sources for milk and wax and I would like to know if both are hardcoded for only be linked to creatures.

Thank you for your help.

I think you could subsitute milk with juice, and refer to it as milk (I.e. Jumbally Plant Milk). As for wax, I honesty have no clue.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 04:02:19 am »

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I think you could subsitute milk with juice, and refer to it as milk (I.e. Jumbally Plant Milk). As for wax, I honesty have no clue.

Do you mean extract?
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 04:09:41 am »

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Do you mean extract?

Do'h.
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:15:54 am »

theres a storage tag for plant milk and afaik a material template too. the method of production you choose for your milk material does not matter, but in order for it to be treated as milk by the game (basically being cheesable) it needs to have the corresponding tags. same goes for wax pretty much.

in case of doubt check the wiki on material defintion tokens.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 12:15:19 pm »

Think you can just use the normal milk and wax materials creatures refer to, just call them up in the plant.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.