Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77

Author Topic: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings  (Read 88634 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Let’s Play Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords – Chapter 1: Burnt Offerings
« Reply #1110 on: December 14, 2017, 09:03:47 am »

((Sounds good to me. Good luck getting on top of everything!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: January 02, 2018, 03:02:34 pm »

((All right, let's get this show on the road! Happy New Year to everyone, hope you all had safe and healthy holidays!))

Aloisturm and Steven

Aloisturm returns to the forge, methodically using the smith's tools to make its own, similiar or in some cases superior versions. The construct is forced to reluctantly admit that the meatbag is also rather skilled at the art of forging, and almost absent-mindedly assists the construct without needing to be asked or told, keeping the furnace at a steady heat for both their needs.

Despite this, its efficient construction routines are interrupted as the door opens, admitting the scruffy human meatbag that it had been assocating with, and a small meatbag it was all too familiar with.

"Korkut, you thieeeeeeeef! How dare you steal my precious construct to labor in your forge!" The gnome screeched in its familiar, whining voice. The smith seems unimpressed, not slowing his labors.

"Oh sod off, short-arse." He replied tersely, causing the gnome to go red in the face.

"Construct! I demand you return home imeeeediately! Due to your slacking off, I was kidnapped, I was robbed, I had to hike all the way back to Sandpoint...." It appears that Master Meatbag plans to continue for quite a while.

Etoile and Zeratuu

Unlike the excitement across town, Etoile and his kobold servant have a quite afternoon. He finds a few books on goblins, though only being a few years old, they reference several tribes that he knows have moved away, merged together or been destroyed. The goblin society around Sandpoint has always been chaotic, with few unifying influences. One thing it does mention is that each tribe tends to gather around one or two 'heroes' - goblins of special character and notable abilities, to the point that even their longshanks neighbors are aware of their depredations.

Kal

Returning to the inn, Kal is greeted by the friendly face of the noble they had rescued the night of the festival. His face brightens as he sees Kal. "Ah, Master Kal, so good to see you! Why, the talk of your adventures on that isle in the bay has already spread throughout Sandpoint. Your brave band of heroes is certainly rapidly making a name for itself! I wonder, would you all perhaps be up for a spot of hunting? I have a fine group of horses at the local stable, and I hear that there is some fine game in the area. I am sure that the exquisite Miss Ameiko will be gladdened if we returned with a fine boar to roast on the spit."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: January 02, 2018, 03:18:21 pm »

If Aloisturm had had eyelids, they would have blinked in astonishment. It had all but forgotten the blustering gnome, dismissing the little creature as irrelevant. Certainly it had not expected him to show up out of the blue like this!

"Dismissive. Your troubles are not my concern, for you are not my master. This one has no master.

"In any case,"
the construct continued, and while its voice remained monotonous there was the barest hint of satisfaction in the words, "you were not kidnapped. I placed you in the turnip barrel. For safekeeping."
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: January 02, 2018, 03:25:33 pm »

((A hunt, eh? What could possibly go wrong? :P))

"Brave band of heroes" is a strong expression, I'm afraid. We went. We were scared. We survived. That sums it up.

But I would be happy for the diversion of a hunt, myself. I don't relish killing, but a ride in the wilds and friendly company sounds good to me. We'll have to wait on my companions to find out.

As it happens, then, I have time to kill. And a recent failure I'd rather not think about. This establishment will no doubt oblige me on both counts, if you care to join me?
Kal gestures towards a nearby table and raises an eyebrow.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

apiks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grandfather of Necrothreat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: January 02, 2018, 03:35:17 pm »

Sighing as Etoile already knew what he'd find in the tomes,  he resigns himself to rest.
Founding Father of Necrothreat I, Necrothreat II, Necrothreat III, Necrothreat IV and Necrothreat V
Founder of Teh LOLmod

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: January 03, 2018, 12:12:01 am »

Steven takes the lit cigarette out of his moth for a moment before shrugging at the construct.

"I'm sure you met worse today."

Steven let's Widdershins shout as he closes the door behind him, to be sure that no one gets TOO suspicious of what's going on.

"Any idea where the others are? I don't remember which one it us it was, but I know one of us knows the city well, and I wanted to ask him a few things."
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: January 04, 2018, 10:27:06 am »

Steven and Aloisturm

Widdershins stares open-mouthed at the construct. "You...? You were the one that put me in that terrible barrel full of those horrible vegetables? I had quite clearly told you to take me home. HOME! Not stuff me in a barrel and forget about me. Me! Your master!" Something else penetrates the outraged gnome's tirade and he grumps to himself. "I must not have repaired everything, if you don't recognize your master properly. No matter, let's just override this outrageous behavior and we'll get you all fixed up."

He takes a deep breath and repeats a long phrase in a clear, firm voice. To everyone involved, it sounds like a random string of gibberish syllables. Whatever it is the gnome was saying, for a moment an overwhelming complusion to obey strikes Aloisturm, but it fails to latch on and fades away without noticible effect. Bastargre points at the door and commands imperiously "Construct, we return home at once!"

Kal
The noble takes a seat at the indicated table and orders the first round for them both. "My name is Aldern Foxglove, but please, call me Aldern. Your bravery is the talk of the town, and is not the sign of a brave man to face what scares him and continue onward? Please, tell me about your adventures on the island, it sounds truly riveting!"

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: January 04, 2018, 08:17:25 pm »

Aloisturm stiffens, standing perfectly erect and halting his current task (it wasn't anything overly important anyway).

"Yes, master," the construct intones, more dully than normal. "Lead the way, master."

If the silly little gnome takes the bait, Aloisturm keeps a careful eye open for any open barrels nearby as the two walk. Preferably one with turnips in it, but the construct isn't picky at this particular moment.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: January 05, 2018, 02:01:20 am »

Steven takes off his hat and scratches his head, unknowing of what just happened.

"Well, there's your construct. Now you hold up your end."

((I realized my traits are gone. I had one that gave me a minor boost to dealing with payment which I was about to use))

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: January 05, 2018, 07:10:24 am »

Kal Templux. Call me Kal.

Riveting? I would call it terrifying. Didn't I say I wanted a diversion?

But tell me about this hunt. Where is it taking place?
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: January 05, 2018, 10:05:28 am »

Steven and Aloisturm
Bastargre looks vaguely irritated at Kal's demand for money. "Oh yes... yes, I suppose you want to be paid now. Some ruffian robbed me while I was stuck in that barrel, I'll pay you at my home." He troops out the door with Aloisturm close behind, once again content that all is right in the world. Luck is with the construct, and there are a row of barrels open against a building just a hundred yards from the smithy. It looks like it has the choice of an empty barrel, a half-filled rain barrel, and one that looks to have been filled with leftover food and trash from the festival a few days ago. A lid lies next to one of the barrels.

Kal
Aldern makes a gesture of apology "Of course, my excuses. As for the hunting, I was thinking to go boar hunting. There are normally plenty of the beasts in the woods to the south east of Sandpoint this time of year, enough to make a day of it and come back with a fine catch."

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: January 05, 2018, 10:13:04 am »

Using his superior size and strength (and presumably getting a surprise round out of this) Aloisturm attempts to grab and pick up Master Meatbag! If successful, it hoists the gnome into the air and holds the little fella over the barrel of water.

"Repeating: You are not my master. Accept this."

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: January 05, 2018, 10:26:12 am »

((Hey, Kal is not Nadarr. He doesn't always demand money :P ))

Kal takes a long draught of his drink, wiping away the frothy moustache it leaves behind.

That sounds interesting. I'm unfamiliar with hunting, as I said; do you need horses to hunt boar? Because if so, I do not possess one...

((Also, can I check if Kal knows anything about the area Aldern has indicated?))
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 10:29:32 am by Th4DwArfY1 »
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: January 05, 2018, 11:05:49 am »

Steven pokes his head out of the blacksmith as he hears Rusty speak out at his "master". On one hand, helping the man could mean he could get paid for saving him, but he invokes the ire of the construct.

On the other hand, he was still sour over the gnome's display earlier...

Knowing that he's going to be bothered again, Steven watches to see how this plays out before stepping in

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: January 05, 2018, 11:26:47 am »

((You realise you'll have to drag a furious gnome to his house in order to get paid, right? And he's almost certainly going to try to trick you out of it.))
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77