Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [OOC] Corona Sea: Will of the Thronedie [-/5]  (Read 686 times)

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
[OOC] Corona Sea: Will of the Thronedie [-/5]
« on: August 31, 2016, 02:13:08 pm »

Corona Sea: Will of the Thronedie

Thronedie Palach, the Corpse of Deceit, continues his infinite rule and sacred duty to the Corona Sea—that which lies between worlds, and calls only one man master. In his timeless wisdom, the Thonedie sullies the Code of Serenity, that which protects the Sea, in order to bring life from the Real and Unreal to his lands. This decision, one much contested by the Courtiffs, his trusted council, leads to the creation of the Hollow Hall. This is where the creatures taken from other worlds may rest until the Corpse of Deceit judges their time well spent. At that point, they are given a favourable reprieve or absolved shamefully. For many, though, the madness of the Lunacy and power of brokerage proves intoxicating…
Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Example Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Setting (click to show/hide)

This one is a weird one, interested to see if it works out. Trying to get back into the swing of things, maybe work on some art here or there to tune my brain! Anyway, I'll be taking five for this adventure to strange town. Won't be first come first serve this time around. If I get more than five, I'll pick out the team. The game is more freeform than I'm used to, so I'm not sure the five will end up working in the same team... or working together at all.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: [OOC] Corona Sea: Will of the Thronedie [-/5]
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 03:04:32 pm »

What do you expect the players to actually do in this game?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:08:42 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 06:07:23 pm »

What do you expect the players to actually do in this game?

Description's a little nebulous, isn't it? Sorry about that. It will be a freeform adventuring kind of deal. The Thronedie needs stuff done, and the brokers are given free reign to see to it. This can range from 'apprehend or kill this creature' to 'gain the favor of organization x' to 'find this corner of the realm and claim it.' Expect magic-esque phenomena of the Cthulhu variety, but more wondrous than horrifying.

Think of it as kind of a compromise between god games and the standard tabletop fair. Individually, many have the capacity to manifest their will, but the will of a select few keep everything in check. By that I literally mean their thoughts and desires 'jam' the capabilities of others.

... Still quite ethereal even putting it down in those terms, I think. Hmm, here is a small sample of how I expect things to play out in broad terms:

I hope that's more clear.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2016, 07:43:54 am »

Informative. The game sounds interesting, but not quite within my interests. Hopefully you'll get some other players who'll enjoy it.

Though inspiration may strike once some other players make sheets. That helps me come up with my own character concept sometimes.