Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91

Author Topic: Gender/sexuality etc. - What Even Is A Gender Anyway  (Read 140105 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

When I meet a non-binary person, I'll determine whether or not I am attracted to them. Until then, I have no data from which to extrapolate a sexual orientation.

It's like asking me if I am sexually attracted to space aliens. No, because I haven't met any.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if I have to choose a box, what better box than bisexuality? It just means "I may or may not be attracted to any given person." It carries no restrictions.

Except people who identify as something outside the gender binary. The "bi" only covers male and female.
Says you.
Typically, pansexual is used for non-binaries+binaries :V

Yeah. All this Gay or Straight or Bi stuff doesn't work if you're non-binary. And the whole hetero/homo thing has this connotation of being the "Normal" Mode (Hetero) or the "Abnormal" Mode (Homo). And what happens if you're Non-Binary, and not Pansexual? Like, I've definitely got an orientation, but these options don't work for it.

It's dumb and weird to have to define your sexuality in terms like that; relative to your own gender. This is why I like the Gynophilic (Likes Ladies) or Androphilic (Likes Dudes) model. You can add more for categories as necessary, but at least you talk about who you're attracted to, rather than who you're attracted to relative to how you identify, you know?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 07:21:04 am by Solifuge »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Yes, it's a song.

And if I have to choose a box, what better box than bisexuality? It just means "I may or may not be attracted to any given person." It carries no restrictions.

Except people who identify as something outside the gender binary. The "bi" only covers male and female.
Says you.
But it hurts the last time I tried to get it on with them, plus who knows what teflon does if it touches your parts.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Yes, it's a song.

Says you.
But it hurts the last time I tried to get it on with them, plus who knows what teflon does if it touches your parts.
...robosexual? What?

Oh, binaries as in the computery things.
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Yes, it's a song.

Says you.

O hey, this made me think that, in the future, sexbots will prob have teflon covered sexholes, to save on lubricant.

Why did I just think about that.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

The fact that the mere thought of sex repulses me is probably an indication that I'm asexual, on further reflection.
Sigtext!

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The fact that the mere thought of sex repulses me is probably an indication that I'm asexual, on further reflection.

Whenever I hear something like that I think of a song by the Romanovs named 'Kiss'.
Quote from: that song, around 2m6s
If we could just [censored for these forums]!
And never have to touch
Life would be so perfect~
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...robosexual? What?

Oh, binaries as in the computery things.
I think it was a joke about being pansexual

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile

Unless you've gotten so worked up about the social aspects of it that fear and anxiety is what is the cause behind said repulsion.
Love, scriver~

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

Unless you've gotten so worked up about the social aspects of it that fear and anxiety is what is the cause behind said repulsion.
Aye, there's the rub. Or it could just be that I have a very latent sexuality. And as experimentation is infeasible at this point... I guess I'll have to move on and live with the uncertainty. Whatever my sexuality is, though, I'm nearly certain I'm biromantic, so there's that...
Sigtext!

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

BE AGRESSIVE
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Aye, there's the rub. Or it could just be that I have a very latent sexuality. And as experimentation is infeasible at this point... I guess I'll have to move on and live with the uncertainty. Whatever my sexuality is, though, I'm nearly certain I'm biromantic, so there's that...

Could be that your puberty hasn't properly kicked in yet in every respect. Best not to think too much about it, and reflect on what you really are when you're, say, 18 or so.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test

BE AGRESSIVE
WHY

Could be that your puberty hasn't properly kicked in yet in every respect. Best not to think too much about it, and reflect on what you really are when you're, say, 18 or so.
That's probably best, yeah.
Sigtext!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Cheers bro. Join the club.

If anything, I find the constant "But I NEEEEEEEEEEEED to have (insert gregariously sexual behavior here) Or I will explode!" behavior of basically all sexual people (regardless of orientation) quite tedious.  Yes. You guys have sex. That's nice. I am sorry that you are hopelessly enslaved by your hormones. Please stop trying to tell me about how your self-identity revolves around what kind of sex you have. Next you will tell me that your self-identity revolves around what clothes you wear, or what foods you eat, rather than WHO you are as a person. Nice. So good to meet you. Now have a nice day, and go away.

I am attracted to beautiful minds. I am not attracted to boobies, asses, crotches, or any other physical attribute. Do you have a strong, independent personality, with a clever, inventive imagination? Odds are, I will find you very attractive, but not in a sexual way. Do you harp endlessly about how you like Tits and Ass? Odds are I will be repulsed by this, and want to distance myself from you.

Not that you do those things Doze, just saying that I too find the very idea of sex repulsive, and am disturbed by how much people fixate on the act.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

Cheers bro. Join the club.

If anything, I find the constant "But I NEEEEEEEEEEEED to have (insert gregariously sexual behavior here) Or I will explode!" behavior of basically all sexual people (regardless of orientation) quite tedious.  Yes. You guys have sex. That's nice. I am sorry that you are hopelessly enslaved by your hormones. Please stop trying to tell me about how your self-identity revolves around what kind of sex you have. Next you will tell me that your self-identity revolves around what clothes you wear, or what foods you eat, rather than WHO you are as a person. Nice. So good to meet you. Now have a nice day, and go away.

I am attracted to beautiful minds. I am not attracted to boobies, asses, crotches, or any other physical attribute. Do you have a strong, independent personality, with a clever, inventive imagination? Odds are, I will find you very attractive, but not in a sexual way. Do you harp endlessly about how you like Tits and Ass? Odds are I will be repulsed by this, and want to distance myself from you.

Not that you do those things Doze, just saying that I too find the very idea of sex repulsive, and am disturbed by how much people fixate on the act.
What size fedora do you wear?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 91