Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70

Author Topic: Grunts  (Read 132864 times)

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
Re: Grunts
« Reply #780 on: November 24, 2016, 07:40:50 pm »

Well done, I had a fit of giggles!
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 27, 2016, 01:15:59 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Charge after the other grunts and shoot The Other GuysTM
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 29, 2016, 02:51:04 pm »

Battle 3: Round One
Since you all survived the drop, your platoon is your brick number. When you die, you can rejoin any of the three platoons.

Man I love how funny Grunts is, good work Ozrack very nice game!

(fan-art is ok right?)
This is beautiful. Well drawn and on point. Thank you!

Brick 1
You forgot meeeee!...
Platoon?
Unit number: MG002
Remind the officer about the mysterious serum that I signed up for, and that I need a gun.
Ask which is my platoon.

Gum is love. Gum is happiness. Need... more... Gum...

Head for Brick One and sit on my helmet.

okay, you get your serum out now that you are landed, or swamped, or whatever. (2) welp. This round of serums is a complete strikeout. You feel a little fuzzy, but otherwise unaffected.
I'll just pretend I got what I wanted, and the GM can roll on the serum later. (Delayed effect?)

Platoon?
Unit number: MG002

Don the helmet.
Exit the Brick and CHAAAAARGE after the veteran Grunt. Shoot the Other Guys, or stab them if close enough.

(3) you charge into the muck alongside the rest of your brickmates, firing wildly into the trees.

Take cover next to the brick door and look outside
((oops. I missed two of you? dang.))You take cover and receive a +1 against death rolls this round. (5) Outside is wet, wooded, and smelly. You can see a column of smoke rising from far off to the left, where Brick 4 came down, and catch a glimpse of Brick 3 between yourself and Brick 4. It's a mile away, so you must have landed on the edge of a bayou or something, as the swampy woods in front of you would have obscured your vision too much to see them from this distance. Aside from your own eager compatriots, you see no activity out there just yet.

Get out of the brick, take cover and shoot the Other Guystm
(2) You jump out of the Brick with a Splash! and land waist deep in the bayou, immediately falling forward to your hands and knees, getting mud on your weapon and water up your nose, you sputter and spit, climbing upright and shaking the gunk off your laser rifle.

Brick 1:
Lead the charge! Dakka dakka dakka waaghhhhhh!!!!!!!!
(3)No seizure for you this round. (3) You fire a shot out into the woods as you leap from the brick, landing in a squat in the mire. the water is warm, thick, and gross. a sharp, rotten smell boils up from around your knees.

Charge after the other grunts and shoot The Other GuysTM
(5) like the other two, you jump out into the muck. You land solidly, standing in hip deep water and scanning the woods for hostiles. You fire a shot , and a lizard drops from a branch with a splash. A disturbance in the water, and a second splash occur almost immediately where the lizard landed. Looks like you gave something a light snack.

Leave the brick and lay down some suppressing fire where needed. Try to grab some cover.
(3) you step into the water and sink waist deep. You fire a shot off toward where Mar004 was shooting, but you can't tell what you were shooting at.

Brick 1 death rolls
Mg002, Sn002, and Zr007 all disappear under the water suddenly, with much thrashing and gurgling. the brown and green much takes on a reddish hue. They are dead.
Mar004 is not fast enough climbing back into the Brick and loses a limb to whatever is eating his team. Fucking Swamps, man.

Brick 3

Try to regain control of my own body
(2) ooh. too bad. (2) Ugh. even when you do regain control, you will have a 1/3 chance of suffering a relapse. Mark that on your sheet, please.

Jump out of the Brick and Dakka the loving shit out of any visible enemy.
(3) You jump out and land near a swamp tree, in thigh deep water and muck. It stinks, and the branches of the tree obscure your vision a little., especially the twigs right in front of your face. You get one in your mouth when you pen it to say somehting and spend the rest of the round spitting the leaves out and tryingto get the taste out of your mouth.

"AAAAHHH!"
Run!
Time to get away from the lunatics. it's safer in a monster infested swamp, shooting at the enemy alone, than in here with your own men. (2) you drop into the water and land on hands and knees, gunking up your gun and coming up sputtering. it tastes awful, and you gag a little.

Spoiler: Last Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: CAH004, Platoon 6 (click to show/hide)
Attempt to control my light-headedness while shooting The Other GuysTM.

(4) the lightheadedness passes, and you scan the woods ahead for activity. You shoot at something out there, and it quickly disappears.

Release brick harness. Look around the interior to see if the brick is stocked with any heavy weapons or, hell, just anything remotely useful.
the brick is stocked with you and your fellow grunts. So, no, nothing remotely useful.

Brick 3 Death Rolls.
Some kind of artillery strike hits you guys, and everyone except CAH004 is hit by it.
So, Zii008 gets a serious wound and damage to his armor, Pk002 is maimed, Hat008 takes a serious wound and damage to his armor, and HC005 is maimed.
Yes, the strike somehow bounced into the brick itself to hit those of you still inside.

Brick 4

"Hmm. That's not good."

Toss CW my unused chewing resin. Stuff will kill you, ya know.
And in the breach I go. Activate Pointman mode.
And by activate pointman mode I mean provide goddamn firing coordinates with my fancy magic sensors.

you collected your squad info all together. holy shit. you get the CP 'sergeant in training.' (3) you peek out of the brick, and quickly duck back in as laser fire bounced off the brick face. "To the left!" you shout to your cyberbully, who waits, super eager to get crunching. Oh, and gum is transferred. Very noble of you. Get the CP "generous" as well.

Receive gum and store for later devious plans, then find a good hole in the brick with some cover facing The Other Guys, deploy lasers, then begin SUPPRESSIVE FIRE X2 to help other people stay alive a couple seconds longer.
"GIVE ME GOD-DAMNED FIRING COORDINATES!"
Gum is received, you greedy bastard. (4) you lean around the opening of the Brick where your corporal stands, firing as you edge out. You hit someone - you can tell by the scream. Looks like you guys landed close to a patrol or a forward base or something.

Spoiler: Dug (click to show/hide)
Yawn, that was a nice nap. How was everyone else's ride?
wake up dust myself off and see where the waters pouring in. Go swimming and see if I can pop someplace the enemy would least expect.
(6) you find a big gaping hole in the back end of the brick. You duck out and swim, popping out three feet in front of a small group of enemy soldiers as one of them falls with a laser wound into the muck.

"Who in the living FUCK let this idiot pilot our dropship!"

Get my two grunts to help me up.  Then survey the surrounding area.
You acquire the aid of npc002 and npc003. (6) You stroll casually forward, shouldering past the cyborg, and step authoritatively into the muck, hands on hips. You see the enemy to the left, one wounded, the rest rather in disarray for the moment. One of your own pops up out of hte water not three feet in front of them as you watch. "Good man." you mutter. Your own two privates stay huddled back in the brick, taking cover and looking for a good firing position.

Brick 4 Death Rolls
None of you take any damage this round. Looks like you caught the enemy flatfooted. And the swamp monsters must not be particularly hungry right here either.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 29, 2016, 03:32:49 pm »

Continue trying to stop convulsing, If successful call my bosses with the headset and say that the serum is a failure
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 29, 2016, 03:38:30 pm »

Stay in the Brick, and fire down into the swamp.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 29, 2016, 03:56:53 pm »

Platoon 1
Unit number: MG003

Stay in the Brick, and fire down into the swamp. Be specially pissed off because that other guy still had his gum.
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 29, 2016, 04:01:47 pm »

Chew piece of Gum to remove Leaf Taste. Climb nearby Tree, look for Enemies to Dakka. If enemies seen, Dakka.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 29, 2016, 06:51:18 pm »

Respawn and look into the water.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 29, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »

Use my flame thrower to boil the water and drive the monsters away from the brick
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 12:47:55 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 29, 2016, 08:13:51 pm »

((Hells yeah, winning on the CP front. Pretty soon I'll be able to sit around in my command APC and have a mental breakdown as my men all get killed by the damn ayys.))

"Go! They're still suprised!"

Run in and kill the bad dudes!

Dip under the water again and start dragging isolated enemies under the water before stabbing them to death with my knife. If the water around them is too shallow for that then pop up out of the water and start blasting away with my dual sidearms.
Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

Time for yet another crazy plan. Part One: "I totally have a chance, guys!"
Start chewing delicious gum. Say a cool one-liner.
Use cyborglegs to rapidly run and leap towards something resembling enemy base. Fire (with laserarms if I can have them deployed while moving, or just regular gun otherwise) at anyone who notices me, and stop once I hit a "safe" area - by a building or other object or something behind/in enemy lines where I'm not seen at the moment. Survey area & transmit tactical data to others via my comms equipment.

If I get REALLY noticed, start swearing profusely as I run back.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 11:51:02 pm by Egan_BW »

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 29, 2016, 10:25:42 pm »

Dip under the water again and start dragging isolated enemies under the water before stabbing them to death with my knife. If the water around them is too shallow for that then pop up out of the water and start blasting away with my dual sidearms.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 29, 2016, 11:11:10 pm »

Spoiler: CW004 'K' (click to show/hide)

Time for yet another crazy plan. Part One: "I totally have a chance, guys!"
Start chewing delicious gum. Say a cool one-liner.
Use cyborglegs to rapidly run and leap towards something resembling enemy base. Fire (with laserarms if I can have them deployed while moving, or just regular gun otherwise) at anyone who notices me, and stop once I hit a "safe" area - by a building or other object or something behind/in enemy lines where I'm not seen at the moment. Survey area & transmit tactical data to others via my comms equipment.

If I get REALLY noticed, start swearing profusely as I run back.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 29, 2016, 11:37:14 pm »

"Arrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggg"Shoot at what ever that was.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 30, 2016, 12:44:07 am »

Keep advancing until we get to the enemy, then lay down DAKKA!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 06:56:29 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 30, 2016, 03:14:00 pm »

Spoiler: HC005 (click to show/hide)

"That was my good arm you bastards!" Look for solid ground and get out at that part. Take cover behind one of the many trees.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 70