Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Poncho [SG]  (Read 2709 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
Re: Poncho [SG]
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 08:37:05 am »

Black and Blue currently in the lead with 2 votes.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 03:09:45 pm »

Quote from: The GM
Blue won in a random coin-toss. Proceeding.

Another rainy day. The world has always been dominated by water. Certainly, land vehicles exist and aren't a surprising sight. However, water both king and queen, with boats being the primary method of transportation. Being a Poncho, you know this too well. Legend says that the world wasn't always this way. That there was once a balance between land and sea, but you're not sure you believe that since this is all you've ever known.

Your arrival to this random shoreside town is both uneventful and suspiciously simple. Usually, some vagabonds would try you, thinking Ponchos to be an easy mark what with the Marines initiating soft prejudice against them, and unfair legal and social treatment of Ponchos (making self-defense almost illegal). You're reminded of this as you catch a glimpse of what you think are Marines idling outside of a tavern. You look down and away, as if that would matter. Your bright yellow raincoat with matching hat and your blue poncho stick out like sore thumbs. If not for the mix of blood, sweat and mud, you'd be 100% conspicuous. Your rifle only adds to the issue. A Poncho is one thing; an armed Poncho is a problem.

You sigh and look up. The rain continues to fall and you close your eyes as the drops decorate your face with fresh water.

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:05:12 pm by I, Writer »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 09:20:01 pm »

How long until healing cooldown is finished.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 09:05:09 am »

How long until healing cooldown is finished.

Five posts.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 09:40:00 am »

What business do we have here?

What are our objectives, short-term and long-term?

What our our dreams and aspirations?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 09:52:04 am »

> Roll in mud to conceal our distinctive garments
> Repair Rifle

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 09:32:20 pm »

Your garments need to be inconspicuous. The bright yellow and blue arrangements all but signal that you seek conflict, even if you do not. You kneel down, cupping your rough hands full of mud. You smear it on your coat and poncho, then scoop more mud. Repeat. Until some moments later. The mud doesn't do the job entirely, but you at least think you've bumped yourself down from serious Poncho to has-been Poncho. The less of a threat you manifest, the higher the chance you'll be left alone. You doubt that somewhat, since rolling yourself in mud earned you a few looks of confusion and disgust.

Fixing your rifle is even less of a success, what with you missing some small parts for the firing mechanism. This town is coastal, meaning it likely has a significant merchant culture. You sigh and shake your head. Right now, the rifle is naught but a flashy walking stick. You could elect to see about purchasing some parts for it, or you could find something else to do.

Spoiler: Data (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 11:04:56 pm by I, Writer »

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 09:55:53 pm »

>What business do we have here?
>What are our objectives, short-term and long-term?
>What are our dreams and aspirations?
>What dangers do we have to worry about right now?
>Is there any way we can conceal our rifle? Could we have the barrel and/or stock removed or shortened?

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 10:04:47 pm »

>What business do we have here?
>What are our objectives, short-term and long-term?
>What are our dreams and aspirations?
Like the source material as the author intended (quoted right from them in an email they replied to), this is meant to be open world. All that is left for the readers/voters to decide. Maybe they'll come up with something concrete as the game goes on. Who knows? And that's what drew me to this fandom when I found it online!

>What dangers do we have to worry about right now?
Eh, Marines and thieves.

>Is there any way we can conceal our rifle? Could we have the barrel and/or stock removed or shortened?
You could disassemble it, but when you're in a pinch best hope you can by yourself time to re-assemble it and defend your person.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2016, 10:28:51 pm »

>Did anyone see us roll around in the mud like someone who's had too much to drink?

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2016, 10:35:35 pm »

>Did anyone see us roll around in the mud like someone who's had too much to drink?

A few layabout drunkards who are also town residents did notice, but thinking you to be a fellow drunk, didn't make it an issue.

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2016, 10:41:03 pm »

A few layabout drunkards who are also town residents did notice, but thinking you to be a fellow drunk, didn't make it an issue.
>Thank whatever gods may be for our good fortune. Especially considering that the Marines were watching us not too long ago.
>Hey, just who are these "Marines" anyway? Are they part of a nation's military? Why do they hate Ponchos so much again? What does it mean to be a Poncho (aside from superpowers, of course)? [Basically, do a bit of expositing.]

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2016, 11:04:31 pm »

>Thank whatever gods may be for our good fortune. Especially considering that the Marines were watching us not too long ago.
>Hey, just who are these "Marines" anyway? Are they part of a nation's military? Why do they hate Ponchos so much again? What does it mean to be a Poncho (aside from superpowers, of course)? [Basically, do a bit of expositing.]

Saint Aquos has shown you favour this day, it seems. Legend says that when it rains for a long period of time, she weeps. Not why you'd think, either. She weeps due to loneliness. Longing to be with the mortals over whom she watches, but gods can never be mortals. This part of the legend has always made you remark that being a god is a curse in itself. A bit silly to the average person, but when said differently ...

The Marines have never been a friend to the Ponchos, even though the former owes their existence to the latter. The Ponchos are the world's keepers. Their exact origins are unknown. Some say they were blessed by Saint Aquos, chosen to represent the Hydroplane as envoys of the ocean. Others say they were mortals who figured out the key to enlightenment, and upon receiving their special talents, swore an oath of eternal service and justice to all living things. They've been said to be gods, and mere chances who use their gifts to cheat and steal from others. All heresay aside, they are simply an impartial force for good.

The Marines were created to widen their reach, as the dominance of the sea brings about a need for boats and ships for fast travel. When the Marines were banded, the seeds of doubt planted within the organisation sprouted into hatred and fear. When disagreements became more than just ego manifestations, a schism was created. Soon, the Marines were operating independent of Poncho ethics, and those within snatched the rug from under the feet of the yellow-clad do-gooders. The details are hazy, but the Marines filled the gaping power vacuum when the world crumbled, establishing themselves as the one world political and military power. And who would challenge them? With hundreds of ships and twice as many men, to defy the Marines is to defy the world. No man dares to take on the world. Not even a Poncho.

When you're done reminding yourself of what you learned as a youngling, you realise a stranger has been eyeing you for the past several minutes. He doesn't seem violent, more curious. But still, you're on guard. You don't reach for your rifle, but you stance up just in case.

Haskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 01:19:42 am »

>Scan our immediate surroundings with our peripheral vision, so we don't look like we're about to bolt, even though we probably are.
>Any cover? Easy escapes, such as alleyways, crowded shanties, the like?
>Take note of that, and see if the stranger does anything before us.
Tell me, have you seen the Yellow Sign?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2016, 01:29:53 am »

>Do we know how to fight unarmed? Drawing a weapon in this place would be a bad idea, after al, what with the marines and all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3