Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: troll blood?  (Read 2546 times)

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
troll blood?
« on: August 16, 2016, 10:29:52 pm »

I have many troll blood spatters on the ground, but there are no trolls here. Is it a bug?

StarWars1981

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: troll blood?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2016, 12:04:29 pm »

Where is it?
If it's in the caverns, then you had a troll sometime during your game, before you revealed the caverns, get beat upon by something. Look for the blood spatters of another creature. Also, check your Missing/Dead list for a dead troll; if it's there, you have a visible troll corpse somewhere.
If not, I can't explain it, perhaps a troll wandered through and got bit by a dog?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2016, 01:03:41 pm »

One of your dwarves is a troll in disguise. You should test every dwarf in your fort with blunt force impact to dispel the illusion.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

steel jackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNIQUE_DEMON]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2016, 05:55:13 pm »

One of your dwarves is a troll in disguise. You should test every dwarf in your fort with blunt force impact to dispel the illusion.

no thats gremlins, trolls turn invisible when injured, he needs to flood his fortress with magma to cleanse it out, trolls are immune to water so it has to be magma
i am a dwarf and im digging a hole, diggy diggy hole

my art: http://www.furaffinity.net/gallery/tylerrobotnik/

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2016, 06:15:26 pm »

no thats gremlins, trolls turn invisible when injured, he needs to flood his fortress with magma to cleanse it out, trolls are immune to water so it has to be magma

This will absolutely solve your troll blood problem.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 02:59:18 am »

Where is it?
If it's in the caverns, then you had a troll sometime during your game, before you revealed the caverns, get beat upon by something. Look for the blood spatters of another creature. Also, check your Missing/Dead list for a dead troll; if it's there, you have a visible troll corpse somewhere.
If not, I can't explain it, perhaps a troll wandered through and got bit by a dog?
No it's on the surface ground. 'A pool of Stoneriddle's troll blood', quite near the entrance of my shaft. I have no troll corpse. None of my dwarves has the name 'Stoneriddle'.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 03:53:42 am »

The dwarf has no first name?

Its possible this troll was a historical figure who killed someone in the past and showed up, got in a fight with a dwarf or something and left the map alive.

Its also possible it came out of the caverns, killed someone on the way out, maybe just a merchant or guest, and then escaped into the wilds, all while you were doing something else. Though trolls usually stop to smash a few doors and workshops on their way through.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 04:16:19 am »

Its possible this troll was a historical figure who killed someone in the past and showed up, got in a fight with a dwarf or something and left the map alive.

Its also possible it came out of the caverns, killed someone on the way out, maybe just a merchant or guest, and then escaped into the wilds, all while you were doing something else. Though trolls usually stop to smash a few doors and workshops on their way through.
Or a migrant/visitor who fought with Stoneriddle before making his way to the fortress dripping with Stoneriddle blood. Just load up Legends to check. Easy as you know it's name.

lcy03406

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 05:40:10 am »

Or a migrant/visitor who fought with Stoneriddle before making his way to the fortress dripping with Stoneriddle blood. Just load up Legends to check. Easy as you know it's name.

So I load Legends Viewer.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That explains. When I dug to the first cavern I saw some cave fish men corpses there.but now I can't find their corpses, cave fish men or the troll. Maybe I've already dumped them into magma. There must be someone wearing the coating of her blood now. She's still living with us!

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 01:26:59 pm »

That explains. When I dug to the first cavern I saw some cave fish men corpses there.but now I can't find their corpses, cave fish men or the troll. Maybe I've already dumped them into magma. There must be someone wearing the coating of her blood now. She's still living with us!

I'm glad you went to the trouble of looking it up, now I know for a fact cave fish people should be exterminated on sight.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 12:15:56 pm »

I'm glad you went to the trouble of looking it up, now I know for a fact cave fish people should be exterminated on sight.

Please note that flooding your map with magma would have solved this problem anyway.

Proudnerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING] [CAFFEINE _DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
    • My writing profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 08:45:17 pm »

'A pool of Stoneriddle's troll blood', quite near the entrance of my shaft.

This sounds like the worst ethunism ever.
"Oi Urdim! Monom just died, can ye go fetch his old hand from the pile o' severed limbs?"
"Eh how am I supposed to know which one's his?"
"I dunno, just grab the one that stinks the least and throw it in."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2016, 12:45:42 pm »

'A pool of Stoneriddle's troll blood', quite near the entrance of my shaft.

This sounds like the worst ethunism ever.

I think you meant euphemism, but really euthanism is way better.