Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139138 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #255 on: September 01, 2016, 10:19:53 pm »

So. It must be external influence. Hesitantly you write "supernatural sabotage" as reason on root cause analysis.
This is concerning. Research this. And ways to suppress it, preferably.

Also, what happened with getting an MMI?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 05:07:39 am by Egan_BW »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 01, 2016, 11:54:57 pm »

Doo Dee Doo, just working on the same stuff for about a week now, Doo Dee Doo

Continue working on Nuclear Reactor and Quantum Brain

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 02, 2016, 05:04:44 am »

((Yes, it would be silly not to crack compact nuclear fission and quantum computing at the same time in under a week. :P

Also if you think you're taking a long time to do things, I get the feeling I'm going to be doing the things I'm starting right now for even longer. ._.))

Check the progress of that super-soldier-volunteer of mine.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 02, 2016, 07:20:00 am »

I remove any growths from renegadelobster that threaten his life. I don't waste my time trying to preserve anything unnecessary like limb functions. If he worries, I reassure him that I'll have a new and much-improved body for him within the month.

Then I turn my attention to fixing the problems with the healing virus. If I have time left after that, I start setting up experiments to explore fleshcraft again.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 07:21:50 am by penguinofhonor »

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 02, 2016, 10:20:45 am »

Meh. Not gonna worry. Looking forward to the new body. Since I have so much time now, get more security cameras set up and watch them. Set up tongue control or something to move the cameras around. Oh, maybe a remote control/tele-presence deathbot? That could be fun/!!FUN!!.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 02, 2016, 12:39:31 pm »

28 days until deadline

Well, those aren't exactly the fastest things to invent. And rolls aren't exactly favouring you. You must sacrifice more souls to RNG.

The greatest jigsaw puzzle starts off nicely. You construct one third of the final quantum brain. It shouldn't take very long now. Hopefully the soldering oven keeps up the good work and don't spit out broken components.

While neutron block liquid is slowly being churned out, you start the work of pulling all pieces together into single device. If there's no manufacturing errors it should be about a one meter tall, half as wide and deep. And heavy like sins of Dr. Ocean.

So. It must be external influence. Hesitantly you write "supernatural sabotage" as reason on root cause analysis.
This is concerning. Research this. And ways to suppress it, preferably.

Also, what happened with getting an MMI?

Right, that's why I should write everything down on my notes. So they found all MMIs intact and extracted them before incinerating the bodies. A brain surgeon good enough to install it into your brain is scheduled to arrive day after tomorrow, naturally into separate facility. You may want to prepare an installation quide for them.

Now that's a something science has no handle for. Only pointers you have for studying supernatural are basically occult stuff, mythologies, legends and other equally worthless crap in eyes of science. It's all so unscientific! Trying to find any pieces of truth from that mess... oh boy, don't you have a workload in front of you. You barely have any idea where to start from.

Oh well, someone have to do it eventually. Might as well be you. Either you prove it right or you prove it wrong, and mankind is one step closer to the Unified Theory of Everything. You start by reading everything you can get your hands on. Especially the older materials that haven't been yet twisted by Internet. Those may be even more unreliable, but at least they were written by people who dedicated their entire lives for learning, unlike those millions hobbyists on Internet.

And your hand is almost fully regenerated. Fingernails grow a bit slower than rest of flesh, but they'll be fine on the morning. Agent brings you pair of another stuff to inject yourself with. Apparently the amazing regenerative stuff you received earlier was very much experimental and would have killed you in few days. These injections should prevent that from happening.

Hm. See what happens if I downscale the design of Terrible Glory and put it into a mouse's brain. The safety measures used to test this will be essentially to put the mice into a microwave, with the option to turn it on remotely (by myself from a very respectable distance, naturally) whenever serious fuckery starts happening.

In the meantime, make some new hivemind people if I lost the previous batch and let them sit while the module grows into their brains.

It can't be downscaled. Not without removing functions and that may break it entirely. Regardless you build another module and stick it into mouse skull doubling its brain size. You fiddle with the microwave oven to boost its power output so you can ensure maximum lethality.

No hiveminded people were lost in the incident.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NAV
Automated research

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

I remove any growths from renegadelobster that threaten his life. I don't waste my time trying to preserve anything unnecessary like limb functions. If he worries, I reassure him that I'll have a new and much-improved body for him within the month.

Then I turn my attention to fixing the problems with the healing virus. If I have time left after that, I start setting up experiments to explore fleshcraft again.

First is the brain. Brain tumor is a real shit thing to have. You remove as much tumorous mass as you can without turning him into useless sack of broken meat. After that is rest of primary internal organs. Hmh, one lung is far too gone. Have to remove that. Heart is decently fine. Better give him new one eventually. Gastrointestinal tract is in suprisingly good condition. Great! That's all less work you need to do. Cursory examinatin of limbs shows that they are barely functional. Elbows don't bend, fingers twitch on their own, muscles are damaged enough he can't lift anything heavier than bottle of milk. Legs... well those are fucked.

Now then to fix the problem with the virus. With what you have learned from the side effects you can easily point the problem to failed self-destruction sequence. Instead of destroying itself after set period of time it halts most of its functions before reliably mutating and producing effects you have seen. What a pain. Correcting this mistake takes rest of your day.

Meh. Not gonna worry. Looking forward to the new body. Since I have so much time now, get more security cameras set up and watch them. Set up tongue control or something to move the cameras around. Oh, maybe a remote control/tele-presence deathbot? That could be fun/!!FUN!!.

Turns out you need to relearn how to talk, walk and control your bladder. Have fun setting up a monitoring station on your bed.

((Yes, it would be silly not to crack compact nuclear fission and quantum computing at the same time in under a week. :P

Also if you think you're taking a long time to do things, I get the feeling I'm going to be doing the things I'm starting right now for even longer. ._.))

Check the progress of that super-soldier-volunteer of mine.

Man got his legs cut off so he can get prosthetics and get back up on his feets faster. Man doesn't heal very fast. Man is dissapointing. Man is playing computer games. That may help his brain to perform better if studies about benefits of gaming are to be believed.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 02, 2016, 01:05:14 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 02, 2016, 01:29:45 pm »

Oh. Huh. Time to relearn all of that stuff then. I did it once before, I'll just have to do it again. And quicker too.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 02, 2016, 01:44:01 pm »

Removing functions isn't that much of a problem. We're making a study of the effects, after all. Make several groups of mice with varying designs in place, and see what happens to each one before they expire or need to be horribly killed.

Hivemind people - see how they respond to externally imposed tasks. Are they more or less suggestible than common test subjects? How do they rate on problem solving tests of varying kinds compared to regular people.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 02, 2016, 02:33:35 pm »

Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 02, 2016, 05:08:51 pm »

* Ivana cracks her knuckles.

Okay, now I've got no pressing issues to keep me away from my art. Assuming I have those samples of growth disorders I asked for, I begin to compare them to my own work on fleshcraft looking for ways to improve it. Most disorders I know of are far too slow for my purposes, but I'm hoping there's something to be learned from the mechanisms and cellular changes behind them. Proteus syndrome seems like a fine place to start, if I have some on hand, or perhaps I should look at teratomas for their fascinating ability to create new bits in a more organized way than most growths.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 02, 2016, 05:33:43 pm »

Continue previous project.

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 02, 2016, 07:43:38 pm »

train reaction time/evasion while multitasking on the drones by controlling drones to dodge machine guns that home in on said drones.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 02, 2016, 09:34:57 pm »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 03, 2016, 11:43:07 am »

Half-seriously inquire of the security staff whether any of them would like taking the place of my volunteer. Promise lack of inhumane training - they have most of the skills I need already anyway, and seem much better suited to being a super-soldier than the stumpy lazy-assburger who can be stopped from training by having his legs chopped off current volunteer of mine.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:46:17 am by Sean Mirrsen »
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 75