Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139209 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! War crime factory
« Reply #195 on: August 28, 2016, 06:27:24 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
#madScience

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 28, 2016, 06:33:00 pm »

Excellent, these kinds of effects are unprecedented. Now I just have to get things fine-tuned and more controllable...

I continue the great work.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 28, 2016, 07:07:13 pm »

Train. Because I'm not sure what my mad scientist is doing and I'm to afraid to ask her. Check the lab for weaknesses. Fix them to the best of my abilities. Be on guard duty.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 29, 2016, 04:58:58 am »

Yeah, a guard might be nice.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 29, 2016, 12:35:25 pm »

Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 29, 2016, 12:41:51 pm »

Writing turn right now very slowly, Egan rolled way too many sixes for his own good.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 29, 2016, 12:43:38 pm »

Yay!
#iDidItForScience
#madScienceIsFun
#justMadScientistThings

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 29, 2016, 01:14:06 pm »

((Are we going to have to send our super-soldiers to fight a mad scientist super-villain?))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 29, 2016, 01:24:42 pm »

((Are we going to have to send our super-soldiers to fight a mad scientist super-villain?))

Send humanitarian aid instead.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2016, 01:27:19 pm »

Send humanitarian aid instead.
i saw that you posted, thought it was an update  >:(
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2016, 01:34:52 pm »

I think with the next update the title will have to be changed. To maybe an "Atrocity Sweatshop". :P

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 29, 2016, 02:14:35 pm »

Well, it was inevitable. Someone had to unleash an apocalypse.

Coulda been me. Could still be me, realistically.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 29, 2016, 02:16:36 pm »

Well, it was inevitable. Someone had to unleash an apocalypse.

Coulda been me. Could still be me, realistically.
Research making a medicine resistant, less lethal, more viral strain of rabies carried by your super soldier(s)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2016, 03:47:21 pm »

32 days until deadline

Continue researching Particle Beam and Reactor

Hydrogen is probably easiest ionized fuel for particle cannon, smaller forces being required for acceleration, ease of acquisition and abundance. In theory your super soldier could employ his personal fission reactor to gather more hydrogen on field, assuming he does have most basic understanding of chemistry, which further promotes its value.
With hydrogen ionized it is matter of accelerating it properly and keeping the beam straight. As short as your accelerator is, that means almost inhumanly precise placement and spacing of electrodes. You had to invent new tools to make it possible, but in the end you think you have pretty decent particle rifle. Definitely war worthy, though effective range is not very great in atmosphere. At hundred meters the beam barely tickles bird's feathers. Or so your math says. Can't test this monster without a lot of power which is why you need to finish the mini reactor quickly, or maybe you could let it charge up for a day or two and then do test firing? You put the prototype into storage for now.

And as it appears, you manage to finish up the reactor core. It has quite heat problem, so you start working with cooling mechanism, as small as it has to be. Gotta be creative here. The reactor has also a small neutron related problem. Too much of those.

spazyak returns from his successful industrial espionage mission near midnight. He proudly brings an USB stick full of stolen technology, claiming nobody noticed anything. Perfectly executed mission.

#madScience

Very mad indeed. Very.

((And why did my hive mind research get de-researched?))

More concerned about the subject escaping, really. The protection from the outside is a side effect.

Anyway, after putting the hive mind modules (modified with the Terrible Glory advancements in neuron growth) into five fresh subjects (linked), put them into well-secured conditions and see how it works (standing order if this takes several days) and whether I can interface with the modules remotely through specifically adapted electronics in order to implant thoughts or send messages and data.

Hive mind modules are finished, installed, and coupled with simple chips to make them transmit signals to each other. Modules should bloom into full effect tomorrow or day after that. It largely depends on how fast new cells will grow, which again depends on subject's age and health.

Interfacing modules should be possible, or at least you can read signals sent. No doubt you can send too, but figuring correct format is something you have to experiment with. Perhaps observe and record data traffic for few days and then try to decipher transmitted content. Brute forcing it based only on the design and theory is probably possible, but having actual communication data available makes it much easier.

And that means if you can implant thoughts then so can others. More secure communication between brains may be in order.

continue.

Spoiler: SECRET TECHNOLOGIES (click to show/hide)

Allow the guy a few irregularities in his classification system guys. Science is "more art than ...science ... right? right?" That sounds right to me.

Anyway, perhaps he wasn't expecting certain other more grandiose ideas from being pursued and all.

Besides, are you checking other players' spoilers? don' do that.

Train. Because I'm not sure what my mad scientist is doing and I'm to afraid to ask her. Check the lab for weaknesses. Fix them to the best of my abilities. Be on guard duty.

Something crazy. After jogging past one of the observation rooms you have very hard time keeping your lunch inside. Those poor bastards. Then you extend your pity on them to yourself. You poor bastard, you may have to say goodbye for your humanity. You'll be monster for rest of your pitiable life, shunned by your own mother!

You are starting to have second thoughts about this super soldier stuff. Perhaps the company could reassign you for someone... less weird?

Eh, the lab is fine. Just chain one of those poor test subjects near main door and anyone who walks in will run away screaming. You know you would.

Excellent, these kinds of effects are unprecedented. Now I just have to get things fine-tuned and more controllable...

I continue the great work.

Today Dr. Ivana's house of horrors grows with new additions. More humanoid ones that the ones from yesterday. Runaway mutation causes entire body of one subject grow full of functional fingers, even inside his lungs and guts. This naturally causes his untimely demise. Unfortunate, but all data is good. Another grows limp fleshy stalks in similar manner, but only on outside. This mutation drains all her back muscles for the growth process. Weird and unexpected, but you are starting to understand. Yes. Third one loses bodymass on right side while left side bulges into inhumanly size. Ah, all these beautiful points of data, the secret is starting revealing itself. You are close, so very close understanding this!

On the other news; your assistants informs you that the gorillaman is complaining headaches, suffers from seizures, rapid personality changes, nausea and overall seems to be not be well. After looking blood samples it seems he's suffering multiple types of cancer. Brain tumor, skin tumor, liver tumor, ect. Reason unknown. But sudden wide spread outbreak of cancer is not natural, so cause must be unnatural one. No one else is showing similar symptoms.

Your agent calls you on very late night, well after midnight. He wants to know if you would be willing to use your impressive medical knowhow to repair certain employee of theirs. It would be shame to lose him after investing so much money.

Yeah, a guard might be nice.

Spoiler: Activities (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Crimes against everything
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2016, 04:33:59 pm »

hahaha
ha
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!