Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75

Author Topic: Roll to create a supersoldier! Bloody air resistance  (Read 139383 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to create a supersoldier! Party start.
« Reply #825 on: October 09, 2016, 12:18:47 am »

Well if he was dropped, I dunno. Make him fly on his giant death-dicks?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 09, 2016, 12:42:16 am »

Well if he was dropped, I dunno. Make him fly on his giant death-dicks?
Nah I fixed my self
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:21 am »

Oh by the way I nominated this for the hall of fame thingy.

And here I was worried if I'm doing good enough...

Edit: Scientists, we did good. This is exciting! AoshimaMichio does good work as GM, too. No, great work!

Spoiler: Technicalities (click to show/hide)

Keep praising and it will go into my head.

Yeah, stuff gets fixed, rebuilt, replaced and restocked between tests.
Ah sorry, I was unclear again. I know we can repair stuff in between, I mean fix as in stop that from happening again.

You could prevent him stuffing his legs with explosives. Or you could do sneaky cheaty stuff and put your nanites into work. It's not like the Company people could detect that as long as you won't overdo it.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: October 09, 2016, 06:55:07 am »

((Speaking of doing cheaty sneaky stuff, how much reconfiguration in general will be allowed between matches? I mean, I can probably take different ammo loadouts, but how far beyond that? Can I add gear, i.e. portable welding kits for repairs? Can I change team composition? Team size?))

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

star2wars3

• Bay Watcher
  • Join The Dark Side!
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: October 09, 2016, 09:16:47 am »

Kill the woman, get the soldering iron, and make the night vision goggles. If there is enough material, make night vision goggles for as many zombies as possible.
((Batshit evil, pessimistic neutral and clumsy good cover nearly entire spectrum. Sadly, but optimists are a rare breed, that is currently running into extinction.))
((That tends to happen when you're optimistic enough to wait out the apocalypse. I wish them plenty of luck, but chances are they'll need it.))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: October 09, 2016, 12:49:45 pm »

((Speaking of doing cheaty sneaky stuff, how much reconfiguration in general will be allowed between matches? I mean, I can probably take different ammo loadouts, but how far beyond that? Can I add gear, i.e. portable welding kits for repairs? Can I change team composition? Team size?))

If it already exists, doesn't require additional R&D and isn't unfairly overpowered like tactical nuke or button to cause kinetic bombardment into your location, you can take it. And assuming you have enough hands or straps to actually carry it. Team composition, sure. Team size, sure, if it is downwards.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: October 09, 2016, 12:52:52 pm »

If it already exists, doesn't require additional R&D and isn't unfairly overpowered like tactical nuke or button to cause kinetic bombardment into your location, you can take it. And assuming you have enough hands or straps to actually carry it. Team composition, sure. Team size, sure, if it is downwards.
So say a carbon nano tube or flexible carbon fibre cording and hook connected to a pneumatic gun to make a grappling hook (think hook shot from zelda)?
As now that I am no longer human the forces involved won't snap arms, shatter bones, and smash you to death in the side of a building.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: October 09, 2016, 01:05:03 pm »

well, More to the already absurd bodycount, I guess.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 01:06:49 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: October 09, 2016, 01:12:26 pm »

So say a carbon nano tube or flexible carbon fibre cording and hook connected to a pneumatic gun to make a grappling hook (think hook shot from zelda)?
As now that I am no longer human the forces involved won't snap arms, shatter bones, and smash you to death in the side of a building.
Can you buy that thing from somewhere?
Old sigs.
Games.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: October 09, 2016, 01:31:53 pm »

Late evening thought:
Spoiler: GM question (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: October 09, 2016, 01:58:09 pm »

the individual parts, yes. Not that hard to build and put together, simple air tanks, metal piping, butterfly valve, air pressurizer, some KONE ultra rope, a grappling hook. you get the idea.
Like a mini pneumatic spud gun.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: October 09, 2016, 02:01:20 pm »

no. carbon nanotubes are still pretty rare in actual use. Wikipedia mentions some bike parts, use in a ship hull, an epoxy compound, high end microscopes, and "tissue engineering." Nanotubes are in very early development still, in terms of usage.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: October 09, 2016, 02:05:38 pm »

no. carbon nanotubes are still pretty rare in actual use. Wikipedia mentions some bike parts, use in a ship hull, an epoxy compound, high end microscopes, and "tissue engineering." Nanotubes are in very early development still, in terms of usage.
I was referring to carbon fiber. It's used in some ropes and elevator cabling.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: October 09, 2016, 02:31:04 pm »

Carbon fiber is not carbon nanotubes. Not even nearly that.

Also it still takes time to develop and manufacture a working grappling gun. A grapnel launcher you can get, they're the size of one of those drum-magazine grenade-launchers, have no winch for obvious reasons, and take several minutes to reload. That's what's on the market.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:33:14 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2016, 02:48:26 pm »

Carbon fiber is not carbon nanotubes. Not even nearly that.

Also it still takes time to develop and manufacture a working grappling gun. A grapnel launcher you can get, they're the size of one of those drum-magazine grenade-launchers, have no winch for obvious reasons, and take several minutes to reload. That's what's on the market.
Though I said carbon fiber..dod I say carbon nanotoobs, holy fuck this is what I get for reading tech magazines while multitasking .
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 75