- 5 (31.3%)
Wei He
- 9 (56.3%)
Sindhu
- 2 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: November 05, 2016, 04:00:47 pm

Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 379

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM: GAME OVER  (Read 230975 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM: Feodh of Luathbas!
« Reply #3750 on: December 14, 2016, 12:35:52 pm »

B, surely we can't be pious every day of the week. That's what Sundays are for!
A is a greater tourist destination though :P
And it'll last or probably become a holy icon/statue of veneration, or at least the same value such as B...leading me to wonder if A or B are actually the same in value but details are presented differently.

A

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: December 14, 2016, 12:39:55 pm »

Yeah, I'd say it's not pious either way when you think about it. Just because a priest asks for it doesn't mean it's a holy purpose, after all.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: December 14, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »

C

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: December 14, 2016, 12:44:38 pm »

Well, for all of you wanting to assert power over the faith, here's an in- make your dynasty religious figures.

I'm not sure whether the priesthood at large would approve of A- it may just be this one priest, whilst most of them look down on self-promotion of this sort. Eh, our economy is doing ok, we can afford a few bankrupt smiths.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: December 14, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »

A, need to work on our family cult of personality.

kingboxz

• Bay Watcher
  • DEAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: December 14, 2016, 02:04:28 pm »

B. Industry is more important than a shrine to a dead man.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3756 on: December 14, 2016, 02:30:31 pm »

On the one hand, I personally prefer B.  On the other hand, I want to play this particular king as a puppet of the clergy.

So A, I guess.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: December 14, 2016, 02:36:03 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: December 14, 2016, 03:09:10 pm »

You decide to encourage the priest to build a shrine dedicated to the founder of the dynasty.

873 AD, End of the Year

The advisor brings you the Scrolls of Kingdom Status.

Happiness: 6
Population: 5
Economy: 7
Army: 6

You can't help but grin at the number beside the economy rating; it wasn't that high since the reign of your eldest brother and father.

874 AD, Spring

The dwarves have come back from Gubta.

They immediately bow in gratitude as they approach your throne.

"O, King of Luathbas. Many times our folk have crafted items for rulers of this land and we always took treasures as payment, but you've given us much more than that! Not only we have finally discovered the land from where the blue gemstones come, we even secured a relationship with its rulers and can now obtain the jewels on regular basis. Praised be your beard! We might even be able to craft items of power not seen since the times of Vabok." The bow once again and leave in hurry, very happy and satisfied about the trip it seems.

874 AD, Mid-Spring

The spymaster meets you in a corridor.

"The investigation is finished, my liege."

"And?"

"Several rumors provided us with clues. After weeks of gathering information, we first obtained confession of Cylla's confidante maiden and the found Lady Cylla's diary. I have to tell you that Lady Cylla has been suffering from depression since your brother's untimely death and the most likely conclusion is that she commited suicide by drowning. I have allowed myself to recall the excess agents to other work." He bows and disappears into the shadows.

874 AD, Late Spring

Your wife have given birth to a boy! She named him 'Ceodwell', after a Luathbas hero of old. If he reaches proper age and won't decide otherwise, he will one day become Feodh II, King of Luathbas!

874 AD, Summer

Some terrible news come from northeast of Luathbas!

Recently the farmers have been finding their cattle mutilated; many corpses have been partially devoured and several barns had clear signs of being broken into. And considering that the attacks happened on rather large area, it must a group rather than an individual. Some village elders therefore turned to their King to seek help.

A) Send a small part of the Army to patrol the northeastern borderlands.
B) Hire some adventurers or trappers or huntsmen to seek the elusive assailants.
C) Tell the elders that they should advise their farmers to lock the barns properly.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 04:20:37 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: December 14, 2016, 03:19:13 pm »

We are not at war, nor, if I recall correctly, are we expecting to be in the near future. We should use our army for this, and keep our economy high- after all, more problems can be solved by money than by armies.

A
Long Live United Forenia!

flazeo25

• Bay Watcher
  • Nightmare Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: December 14, 2016, 03:57:03 pm »

B, think it might be best to keep army back for now.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:18 pm »

We are not at war, nor, if I recall correctly, are we expecting to be in the near future. We should use our army for this, and keep our economy high- after all, more problems can be solved by money than by armies.

A

+1

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: December 14, 2016, 04:03:22 pm »

Hello, everybody

I am amazed with the record in the front page. i am mostly PTWatching but i will play sometimes :V

I was a bit lost in the recent events but...

A If there is no wars

Adventurers will spend money there and somehow pay in long-term, but an army can also show "personal interest of the king in the welfare of the poor farmers"

By the way, nobody knows if it is work of men or beast, both can bring a little "field experience" to the army. Who are the neighboring kingdoms in the northeastern borders of Luathbas?
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: December 14, 2016, 04:11:56 pm »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: December 14, 2016, 04:48:43 pm »

You order the Army to send some volunteers for a borderland patrol duty. Few hundred men end up patrolling the villages.

In a week of time the Army's presence brings osme results; they've managed to catch a beast red-handed as it tried to slip into a cattle farm. The hairy, grotesque beast had numerous appendages, huge jaws and, as subsequent battle with it shown, quite appetite for flesh, animal or human alike. It has been killed and some acidic substance poured out of its corpse, dissolving it partially.

The scholars did a perusal through the beastiary scrolls in the library but nothing of the kind came up in written history.

A) It came from northeast, so surely Hurthlings might know something! Time to send some men and ask the little people some questions.
B) Kingdom of Dahnia lies in the north, mayhaps they had already encountered such beasts previously? Let's ask them.
C) Dagovid tribe lived once in north and east; their hunters surely must've seen such beasts, let's ask their current chieftain about this.
D) Surely, it must be some evil power bringing up monstrosities within out borders! Mayhaps it is time to seek help of a Wizard?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 379