Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: x steel helm x  (Read 4629 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: x steel helm x
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 11:01:41 am »

So now you get to deal with xclothesx AND xarmorx !?
Hmn....an actual reason not to upgrade. 

Goatmaan

Indeed.  I like to outfit my soldiers in masterwork armor, which requires a lot of time and a lot of rejects.  Then I need to melt down the damaged armor to replace it?  Causing masterwork bad thoughts?  Because there is no way to repair it?  No thank you.

Yeah, I was torn about this the moment it was released. I mean some things dont need to get realistically simulated. Example: They just added the feature of having to literally wash your clothes in cataclysm dark days ahead and its just boring and tedious. Having your armor/weapons break in battle is very realistic and perhaps in some balance ways something like that is needed, but it also means losing that amazing masterwork set of armor that you painstakingly spent a year making.

In addition defending your forts in other ways than battle is way way too easy right now. (cage)Traps instantly stop 90% of all invaders. Unbreakable raised bridges can block anything and can be lowered again with just the pull of a lever. Those two are only the tip of the iceberg, but they can deal with anything in combination and its pretty easy to set them up. Not to mention the fact that often undeads pathfinding seems completely borked so they cant even get in. Defending your fort with only a militia is basically harder.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: x steel helm x
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 06:14:19 pm »

In the past, even running the Fortress Defense mod my veteran soldiers used to be pretty much invincible when dealing with sieges. Nowadays I suffer real attrition due to twisting strikes and attacks destroying armor.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: 1 2 [3]