Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: BattleQuest [SG]  (Read 853 times)

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
BattleQuest [SG]
« on: August 09, 2016, 11:22:00 am »

Two countries. The Imperial State of Arita versus the Republic of Zerse. The war started when Arita (allegedly) broke the WMD treaty. Zerse claims it had "come upon intelligence" that Arita was manufacturing WMDs in secret. So, like any tier one nation, Zerse sent clandestine operatives to infiltrate Aritese soil. But the Aritese agents sent were made, and consecutively killed. When word got back to Zerse, the government (either by delusion or patriotism) convinced themselves that this was a blatant act of war, and the taking of an innocent Zersan life. First there were talks, then there were demands, then the demands became a bit outlandish, then both sides ended up with wounded egos, which led to this. WAR!

You are a soldier of the nation state ...
> Arita
> Zerse
> Ardugo, but volunteering for Arita
> Belka, but volunteering for Zerse

Whose name is ...
> Bay12 decides

And you will be arriving via ...
> Aircraft
> Ground Transportation Vehicle
> Your own two goddamned feet

To a where-the-fuck-are-we part of the round sphere on which you live. The battlefield is teeming with plant life. Just your luck! Jungle warfare! Command has let on in their usual roundabout way that this is 'technically' a guerrilla conflict, but it's really just hyped-up tree warfare. Your strategic goal is pretty straightforward: Take the entire junglefuck territory or attrition the fuck out of the enemy. Easy, if not for the infinite woods that make this thing far more annoying than it needs to be.

So, it's a military action war quest. I'm actually working on a new system I've done off-site which blends traditional single-player quests with the management aspect of nation builders and arms manufacturing ones. Try to imagine Vietnam Era war, but with a bit of sci-fi here and there. Not TOO much, but enough. And here. We. Go.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: BattleQuest [SG]
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 11:29:13 am »

PTW because interesting premise. Bay12 peeps might run away with your plot and your soldier though, watch'em ;v
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 12:35:02 pm »

> Ardugo, but volunteering for Arita
> Urist-ttila the hun

> Aircraft
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 02:26:06 pm »

>Zerse
>Jonathon Sanford
>Ground Transportation Vehicle
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 02:36:43 pm »

>Zerse
>Jonathon Sanford
>Ground Transportation Vehicle

+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 10:34:17 pm »

((I guess Jonathan Sanford the Zersian it is!))

The ride over was bumpy, but nice. While you weren't lucky enough to get the government to shell out the cash to fly you over VIP style, you weren't treated with the heavy hand the penal regiments receive either, not having been forced to march to the AO, arriving tired, and most likely having to put up with whatever hotshot officer wants to conduct an inspection. No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection, and no inspection-ready unit has done well downrange. The Zok (truck you rode here in) was just rolled off of the line. It's a real beast, but it gets the job done.

Rumour around the shitsite says that the Imperium has somehow developed some crazy experimental weapons, in response to the Zersian Sophisticated Warfare Branch's Twinblade, a heavy gunship that can take a beating and dish it out in even greater quantities. You have no idea what the hell you might be going up against, but mentally your eyes widen as you receive your duty weapons upon arrival. One carbine, one sidearm, and one anti-x weapon, meaning "Anti Experimental Weapon". The damn thing weighs more than you, it seems. Some kind of cross between a sniper rifle and a laser gun, with a whole bunch of 'WARNING!' stickers plastered here and there. The weapon is impressive though. No doubt that whatever it does, it does well.

Your new home is a tent. A large, green tent. With a floor, made up of tent material. The beds are okay by the Army's standards. Each tent has a fan. Some work, some don't. Not surprising to you, however, is the fact that ALL the officers' tents are like military mansions, with multiple fans that all work.

Shaking your head at this, you dump your equipment on your bed, after having been assigned to Tent 02. It is currently noontime. The setting sun sets an odd yet peaceful blanket of orange beauty over the jungle.

> Get to know some of the other soldiers in your unit.
> You aren't trying to see anyone's ugly ass face right now. You spent 12 hours on a truck. You're sleeping. Meet-n'-greet waits until tomorrow.
> Bay12 decides.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 02:10:53 pm »

might as well learn who we're fighting with.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2016, 09:56:23 am »

might as well learn who we're fighting with.
+1
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.