Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Traps, monsters and magic - Pixelated Suggestion Game, Chapter 1  (Read 3749 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Bard's Tale
At that time the only kingdom was the kingdom of the silver shield. Soon after the king found out that the necromancer was killing people for their bodies and soon was going to reach immortality, he started a war with the necromancer and the necromancers tower was soon conquered by the silver shield's soldiers. Trying to save himself, the necromancer escaped to the southern mountains - a new land. He decided to start a dungeon there, a place to regain his powers and reach his goal of immortality.

The Necromancer
You  stand before the side of a mountain. You will have to order your zombies to dig. The work will be slow as only 8 minions survived the attack on your tower, from which only 6 are able to work. You will need to find a new source of bodies for your experiments.  Well than. No time to lose, order your minions to work!

As a necromancer you have three actions to do things like reaanimating bodies and casting spells, however you have to order your minions to do physical work like digging and exploring.

Spoiler: Dungeon Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dungeon Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I know the drawing is bad, but it will get better once I'm back home. Also remember that doing necromancy stuff is not important, the dungeon and the world (which you can interact with) are important.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 09:22:17 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

I assume we are still at the surface.

Order 2 minions to use hands to dig through the soft soil. Dig down until it is deep enough for a tunnel to support itself.

Venture to a nearby with the other two minions to find some lone farmers. Kill them and reanimate them. Not to may though, so as to avoid suspicion.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

Order 2 minions to use hands to dig through the soft soil. Dig down until it is deep enough for a tunnel to support itself.

Venture to a nearby with the other two minions to find some lone farmers. Kill them and reanimate them. Not to may though, so as to avoid suspicion.

+1

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

+1

+1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Ok so if I understand right you want to do something like this:

Current map of the area:

.........................##****
........................###***
.......................####**
______________#####*
_ = surface
# = rock
* = unknown tile
& = dirt
^ - dug out tile
. - air

How you want to dig:

..........................##****
.........................###***
........................####**
__________^^__#####*
********&^^&*******
********####********

Is this similar to what you were saying?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 06:18:27 pm by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

more or less
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

The necromancer looks like one of the Magi from that Magicka game. I approve!

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Bard's Tale
Even though digging of his base has been started, the necromancer already started killing villagers.

The Necromancer
You ordered your zombies to explore the area around the dungeon. They found a village near a river and brought you five corpses, but only two are reanimatable. The rest could be used for their body parts to repair your zombies and experiments (if you have the workspace and the appropriate tools). You reanimate 2 corpses spending 2 energy. Now you have 8 work capable minions. You have 2 energy left and you don't have any way to regenerate  it,  because there isn't a safe place to rest and a place to recharge your staff. You tried to find out if the village the corpses came from belonged to the silver shield, however your zombies aren't the most understanding creatures. Maybe it's time to think about getting more intelligent monsters to follow you?

Meanwhile your minions dug out a hole in the ground, however without tools they won't be able to dig deeper and it's still not safe to dig forward. They also had a hard time getting out of the hole.

I'm back from vacation and I think that now I will be able to update more often. Today I got to draw maps, which is the thing I love to draw most :). I also changed the energy works, different artifacts and items add to your energy in different ways (e.g. staff adds spell casting energy.). Also now you can do physical work personally, but you spend energy for it.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Let's bring 4 Zombies with us to sneakily steal tools from a nearby Village!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say we should go by ourself. Zombies might be a bit too obvious Have the other zombies punch trees to get wood.

Also, great drawing.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

I say we should go by ourself. Zombies might be a bit too obvious Have the other zombies punch trees to get wood.

Also, great drawing.
Thanks :)! I'm thinking about focusing more on maps than on drawing other things, because I'm clearly better at drawing them.
Also, I don't think that minecraft physics work here, however collecting fallen branches and wood could work.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, great drawing.
Thanks :)! I'm thinking about focusing more on maps than on drawing other things, because I'm clearly better at drawing them.
Also, I don't think that minecraft physics work here, however collecting fallen branches and wood could work.
That's okay. Have them collect branches and create a rain-proof shelter outside the dungeon. We shall rest there.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

The Necromancer
You walk into a village under the cover of night. The light from the shining stars and the big round moon keep you from getting lost in the darkness. You find a workman's shop and use what's left from your powers to open the locked door. Good for you, the owner isn't here. You take a chest with simple tools, because you wouldn't be able to carry anything else. After all minions did all the physical work for you back when you had your tower. Oh, how you miss your lab and the library. The smell of the old tomes... Well, at least you are safe know.
You used one energy to steal the chest.
The simple tools from the chest can be used only for woodcutting, building simple buildings and digging, but not for complex things like crafting.

With the tools you brought your minions build a shelter. Suddenly you see two hands crawling towards the group of zombies, one (or more) of them must have lost the hand. You sigh deeply. That's the problem with zombies, they loose stuff.

Sorry, that I didn't draw anything. I will make it up to you in the next update. As I think about it, I regret not drawing the hands. It would be pretty hilarious to draw and look at a zombie running after his hands :P.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

*Bump*

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

So, in total, we have a shelter and a hole?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4