Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Traps, monsters and magic - Pixelated Suggestion Game, Chapter 1  (Read 3740 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Let me tell you a tale, a tale about a dungeon with monsters and adventurers. The bard sits down comfortably in the chair and continues his story. But it's not how it started, no first there was...
*Example options:
-a Necromancer
-a Warlock
-a Wizard
-a group of Dwarfs
-a group of Dark Elves
-a group of Gnomes
-Other...

So this will be a series of few suggestion games to improve my storytelling and drawing. All will be based around the idea of controlling a character while managing something and the fact that the players can change or add anything in the world as long as it doesn't mess with it too much. In this SG your ultimate goal is to create a dungeon with monsters and the like, but you can and are encouraged to interact with the world by adding things like civilizations or making an orc tribe join the dungeon etc. Players are also encouraged to take control of different, not currently story related, characters and roleplay them. The rules and stuff are still a work in progress, however I'm planning on this being an ink-pen (not very good) illustrated SG where the players can add stuff to the world as long as they don't break too many things.
Currently you have to decide who started the dungeon. If you decide, for example, dwarfs than your goal will be to (maybe) get rid of the dwarfs and change the fortress into a dungeon. If you decid that a necromancer started the dungeon it could be already called a dungeon, however you will have to improve it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 08:52:45 am by snow dwarf »
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A group of dwarves that were nearly destroyed by goblins, turned into vampires, bit by were-chickens, and all killed by a bronze colossus, except of 1 miner, who mined too much adamantium and unleashed hell, barricaded himself in the booze supply, and finally drank himself to death
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

A Necromancer. On the cusp of becoming a Lich.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

+1

Can we choose what our phylactery will be?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Well based on how we'd be on the cusp of becoming a Lich. Presumably yes.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile

Also, his trusty hellhound.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Super Saiyan.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

A group of dwarves that were nearly destroyed by goblins, turned into vampires, bit by were-chickens, and all killed by a bronze colossus, except of 1 miner, who mined too much adamantium and unleashed hell, barricaded himself in the booze supply, and finally drank himself to death
Someone's being a bit too fast. You don't decide yet about the end of the dwarfs.
+1

Can we choose what our phylactery will be?
If it's a joke,  yeah sure. Otherwise, what's phylactery?
A Super Saiyan.
What's a Saiyan?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

phylactery=vessel for lich's soul, source of immortality, greatest vulnerability

Saiyan=superpowered alien race created by Akiro Toriyama, featured in Dragonball Z ( and technically one in Dragonball )

Unless of course you're joking about not knowing these things, in which case, I'm a doof. 

Also, +1 to lich idea.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

No I was not joking, thanks for the answer. It kind of looks like the necromancer that soon becomes a lich will win. I will start tomorrow or later when I have internet (currently travelling).
Edit: OP edited a bit.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 05:18:32 am by snow dwarf »

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile

NDRL with that wikipedia response.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile

Is it fresh from google?   ;)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile

Sorry guys, I think I won't be able to write anything until I get back home in a few days.
Edit: I was gonna draw something for an update, but apparently my black pen is lost and it was the only pen I had. It's already 10 PM here and a bit too late for going out to buy a new one, so unless I find this one or buy a new one, drawing anything is gonna be impossible untill I get home.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:31:29 am by snow dwarf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4