Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 42011 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #360 on: September 13, 2016, 05:44:42 pm »

Either regain control of my body, or try to borrow Korvash's. If I gain access to an arm or two, do my best to recreate the map.
you lose the ability to communicate, again. And your efforts to recreate the map, even for yourself, fail. You vaguely remember that head dissolving into a puddle though. What a waste of perfectly good food. And you are pretty far away from all the corpses, so borrowing any of them will have to wait. Don't worry, someone is sure to become a corpse before long, the way these things go.

"Figure out what the trap is. Ain't safe to have one around without knowing what it is. And Clunkers, you can stop hearts, right?"

Keep an eye out.
You do your best to see around corners, through walls, back the way you came, and ahead into the public areas all at once. your head starts to ache and your eyes cross wit the effort.

"reply: This one theoretically is able to do so, yes."

Have the bees be my eyes in the sky, circling overhead to alert me of any incoming police.

Use robot computing to figure out what that magical trap is about

It could be anything. It's out of sight, and you have no connection to it beyond what Ebony has described to you. It could be a time bomb, or a proximity weapon, just waiting for you to get the idol to a certain range before detonating and killing you all in a horrific orgy of tentacles, eyeballs, and action hero one liners.

your bees are up. it's a little tricky for them to spot particular entities while retaining sufficient coverage. Looks like no one is coming immediately though.

"I can deal with it unless my magic decides to fizzle."

Disarm Mundane Trap on the lock
You cast this, and for a moment, nothing happens. Then the lock falls to pieces. And then the gate falls outward with a loud clang. Behind you, one of the doors opposite the temple does the same. You step out calmly and return the looks of the locals with cool indifference. "The apocalypse is coming. The constables are at the temple now. They will be evacuating the people. Get there now. take your children." Eyes go wide, but no one moves. "What are you waiting for? NOW!" a couple of people start to move about, and it's as if a dam breaks, and suddenly, everyone is running, either inside, or off toward the guards, or elsewhere at a dead run. Apparently apocalypses are big news in this neck of the woods. the street clears of people surprisingly quickly.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 13, 2016, 10:35:56 pm »

Focus on being able to do things.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 14, 2016, 12:48:41 am »

Fiddler sighs at this latest maneuver leaving so many witnesses. Oh well. Too late to kill them all now.

"Disarm that magical trap as well, would you kindly? And then we move the hell out."

Once the trap is disarmed, move out as quickly as we can. See if there are any tarps available in the near vicinity (such as from the upended cart) so that we may cover up our loot and get the hell out to the extraction point.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 14, 2016, 10:34:28 am »

Keep bees on lookout. Use robot computing to figuren out where we need to go. Go with team if we move

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 14, 2016, 06:43:55 pm »

Assuming that trap is in range, Disarm Magical Trap. If it is not, report this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 15, 2016, 04:53:46 pm »

Focus on being able to do things.
You regain control of your eyes, half your mouth, and all four pinkies.

Assuming that trap is in range, Disarm Magical Trap. If it is not, report this.
"I can't disarm the magical trap. it's over in those buildings over there, behind the wall? I can't see it, and have no idea what it is. it's probably not a thing we need to worry about, though - it wasn't in the temple, nor attached ot the idol. Let's just leave it, unless you want ot go break down some doors, accost some more temple workers, and  risk having the watch on our asses while we are still at the epicenter of destruction?"

Who knew Ebony was so sassy?

Keep bees on lookout. Use robot computing to figuren out where we need to go. Go with team if we move
Your robot computing reminds you that you never really got a look at the map that came out of that guy's head. Solam and Ebony did though.
the bees hover near the growing crowd of people out near the front of the temple, shouting at the guards stationed there. Some of the crowd begins pushing and pulling against each other, and some look like they are trying to leave toward the city gates. Lights are going on in nearby buildings.

Fiddler sighs at this latest maneuver leaving so many witnesses. Oh well. Too late to kill them all now.

"Disarm that magical trap as well, would you kindly? And then we move the hell out."

Once the trap is disarmed, move out as quickly as we can. See if there are any tarps available in the near vicinity (such as from the upended cart) so that we may cover up our loot and get the hell out to the extraction point.
It's striped and patchwork, and you have to break a supporting staff to get it free, but the cart's awning thingy works well enough to cover the idol. I mean, it won't fool someone who knows what it is you have, but it'll keep your average person from concentrating on it too much.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 15, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »

Onward, for more bodily control!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 15, 2016, 11:12:30 pm »

"Right, time for a strategic de-assing of the area. Ebony, you take zombieman. Me and Clunkers handle the statue."

Me and Clunkers take the idol, Ebony herds Solam out of the area until that Turn Undead wears off.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 16, 2016, 06:13:16 am »

((Funny thing is Ebony did already tell them the trap was not in the way. So she might have been a bit annoyed at being asked again :P ))
Herd Solam to the exit area.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 16, 2016, 09:34:45 am »

"Statement: Murderbots, rolling out. Beep boop."

Grab the idol together with Fiddler and de-ass the area.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 16, 2016, 09:41:09 am »

((Funny thing is Ebony did already tell them the trap was not in the way. So she might have been a bit annoyed at being asked again :P ))

((Honestly, being told a trap is "to the right" could basically mean anything, especially given we were around a corner.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 18, 2016, 01:18:02 pm »

Onward, for more bodily control!
(2) you just are having the best day.

Herd Solam to the exit area.
I assume you mean the location where you will be moved back to Omega. luckily, your memory of the map is spotless.
"Right, time for a strategic de-assing of the area. Ebony, you take zombieman. Me and Clunkers handle the statue."

Me and Clunkers take the idol, Ebony herds Solam out of the area until that Turn Undead wears off.
It was more a "break curse" than a turn undead. this is just backwash.
"Statement: Murderbots, rolling out. Beep boop."

Grab the idol together with Fiddler and de-ass the area.
the four of you scuttle away, Ebony pushing a drooling zombie, and the murderbot and little thief hauling a big heavy thing under a tarp. "Good day for a picnic" one of you says, nodding at a passing thug. He doesn't even make eye contact. Well, even the noblest of us have secrets we want to keep quiet, I guess.

You run into your next significant obstacle three blocks away, when you peek around a corner and see a wide avenue running along the river you need to cross. The bridge is also wide, lit, and blockaded. The guards are facing your direction. Another similar blockade is on the other side of the river, facing the other way.

"If we can cross, we are home free." Ebony whispers. "We just need to go another block or so back up along the river to that warehouse. the door is on the other side, away from the river." She points at the warehouse in question - a ramshackle shed of a building wedged between some slightly taller, slightly less crooked ramshackle sheds of buildings.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 18, 2016, 05:58:49 pm »

Must... Regain... Control!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 19, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »

"Whispered query: So, how do we handle this?
Concerned statement: This one feels it wise to avoid further fighting and simply getting the hell out of here, but we really need to cross that bridge. Our fighting force is also down a lot since the beginning of this mission, so we may simply get overwhelmed.
Suggestions: This one could send its scouts in the air to find an alternate route, but there is no guarantee that there is one."

Guard Ebony, keep an eye out for hostiles. Have one bee look for alternate routes and one bee for approaching hostiles.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 02:31:13 pm by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 20, 2016, 10:07:27 am »

"Look for a boat we can steal. Gotta have some piracy to round out the day."

How many guards, and how alert are they?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 32