Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 42026 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #330 on: September 06, 2016, 04:33:52 pm »

"Huh. Bit late, isn't it?"

"Anyway, you lot, come with me. Hopefully Clunkers distracts the damn thing."

Check the third floor. Anything worth stealing, or people who need finishing off? Seems like the sort of bollocks that'd need a summoner on hand.
The front has a couple of what look like servants or guards quarters. teh back is mostly obliterated. There are no living things up here besides you three.

Clunkers buzzes and whirrs for a second. He then gives a small bow to the being. He speaks fast, though clearly.

"Statement of compliance: Understood, this one will give a sumary of what happened. This one will answer as truthful as it is possible. This one functions to serve. This one's official designation is Unit 02: Clunkers.
Statement of regret: This one is unable to provide complete details. This one and its compatriots are under a powerful geas, making them unable to divulge certain information, on punishment of death. Please understand.

Summary: This one and its compatriots arrived in this town with a cart of supplies. This one and its compatriots wanted to acquire the idol in question. This one and its compatriots also wanted to cease the functioning of the leader of this tower, as well as destroy pretty much everything inside. However, the only goal that this one truly watned to complete was the acquiring of the idol, everything else was secondary, because.

Upon getting to the tower, this ones compatriots disabled the guards at the entrance. At that time something must have happened inside of the tower, resulting in a hole in the wall several floors up and two entities crashing towards the pavement, though this one knows nothing more about it. Once inside, several organics accosted us, and battle ensued. About three organics used chanting to summon up a whirlwind. This one used it's staff to create a safe space and threw table legs at the chanters. This did not prove particularely effective. After the whirlwind died down, this ones idea was to grab the idol. However, at that point part of the wall exploded violently. This one believes this is the result of explosives, placed by a couple of this one's compatriots who got stuck outside. As a result, part of the tower structure collapsed.

During all of this, several of this one's compatriots ceased functioning as well. Unfortunately, due to them being organic, repairs and reboots are off the table. Then the local constabulary arrived, threatening violence. This one attempted to bluff by trying to imitate the deity of this tower to scare the constabulary away, which failed. Then the one standing before this one asked for a summary of events. Thus, we come full circle.

Statement of regret: This one realizes that this ones summary lacks a certain depth, and is also missing certain information. This is because this one has omitted both superfluous details, and information that falls under the geas. This one apologizes for this fact.

Query: Is there anything else this one may have forgotten to mention that the one standing before this one wishes to know? This one is more than willing to divulge any information that is required of this one, barring the information that falls under the geas, regardless of the fact that the local constabulary is making its way over to kill this one as we speak."

Clunkers bows again, waiting for further instructions.
Upon finishing your statement, the being frowns, looks directly at your companions, through the celing and everything, and then at you. His eyes glow brilliant white, blinding you temporarily. Then, your Omega Brand begins to burn with an intense heat. you hear three different screams from upstairs simultaneously. This goes on for a short time that feels much longer before you feel an odd, sudden release.. Upon examining yourself, you see that the Omega Brand has become completely visible. It glows, in fact, though this appears to be fading.

The gaes of secrecy is broken. I see that which you serve. A new gaes I give you. You are now my emissaries to your masters. Complete your objective. Bring the idol, whole, to your masters. Call upon me at that time, that I might receive an account from those who sent you.

And with that, the being turns, pulls the idol out of the wreckage, leaving behind a trail of embers and flame, and places it on top of the junk pile. A violent wind kicks up, tossing junk throughout the room. It leaves you untouched, but sends a good bit of debris past you toward the entrance. When the wind dies down the entity is gone.

Upstairs, All three of you stop at the same time and feel the same burning agony from your Omega marks, which begin to glow lightning bright. Fiddler falls to his knees and loses his breath, and finds it difficult to rise and function properly after this, and Solam sort of stops moving and stands, staring vacantly at the wall, eyes rolled up in his head. Ebony seems to recover from the pain pretty well, and can function normally.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 06, 2016, 04:41:58 pm »

((Finally Ebony has some luck.))

As Ebony's scream dies and the pain subsides to a dull throb, she looks around at the others. Fiddler looks like he'll live, so she examines  Solam, seeing if they are still alive.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 06, 2016, 07:34:36 pm »

((Finally Ebony has some luck.))

As Ebony's scream dies and the pain subsides to a dull throb, she looks around at the others. Fiddler looks like he'll live, so she examines  Solam, seeing if they are still alive.
Ebony examines Solam for signs of life. there are none. For a moment, she panics, but then she remembers "Oh yeah, undead. duh." So she checks for signs of undeath. He's got that telltale unhealthy 'glow' about him. a slight gurgle, an automatic reach for her brains when she approaches just at teh right angle. Still undead, just ... shock, maybe? that was a pretty painful and powerful jolt.

((posting so people don't spend the whole day wondering))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 06, 2016, 07:39:42 pm »

"Surprised statement: Organics, this one is still alive. Also, this one has found the idol. For your information, the gaes is gone now."

Grab the idol, see if I can lift it by myself. Send my two bees on a brief scouting run to the entrance and hole in the wall, to see if the local constabulary is still blocking our route out of here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 06, 2016, 09:16:31 pm »

"Oh man," Fiddler coughs, "this isn't good. This isn't good at all."

Get to Clunkers if I am able.

"That was supposed to be the real thing? And it... broke the geas, huh."

He thinks.

"Well, hopefully whoever gave us this job gets to die screaming in that case. Even if the same happens to us."
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 09:19:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: September 06, 2016, 09:18:34 pm »

"We're going to need to carry Solam out of here. Be great if someone could help out with them."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 06, 2016, 09:20:29 pm »

Help move Solam if possible.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 06, 2016, 09:22:49 pm »

"Up you go..."

"I remember where we're supposed to go. Let's get downstairs and meet with Clunkers."

Pick up Solam as well.
Sigtext!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2016, 10:02:06 pm »

"I believe I can carry myself, at the moment."

So, the Idol is covered in debris? Better help with that, if I'm not hoisted into the air.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 07, 2016, 06:14:31 pm »

"Surprised statement: Organics, this one is still alive. Also, this one has found the idol. For your information, the gaes is gone now."

Grab the idol, see if I can lift it by myself. Send my two bees on a brief scouting run to the entrance and hole in the wall, to see if the local constabulary is still blocking our route out of here.
You can lift it. it 's quite heavy though. It'll be all you can do to carry it by yourself. your scouts report that the constables are still in the  foyer, staying well the hell away from the doors to the nave (where you are). the rubble pile is unstable and wold be difficult to get down. Looks like up and out the back its your best bet. You'll need help getting the idol up there though.

"Oh man," Fiddler coughs, "this isn't good. This isn't good at all."

Get to Clunkers if I am able.

"That was supposed to be the real thing? And it... broke the geas, huh."

He thinks.

"Well, hopefully whoever gave us this job gets to die screaming in that case. Even if the same happens to us."
Sure you are. you hop on down the broken bits of the floor and lean over to chat with your big metal murderbuddy.

Help move Solam if possible.
You go over and push on the undead. He steps in the direction you push him.

"Up you go..."

"I remember where we're supposed to go. Let's get downstairs and meet with Clunkers."

Pick up Solam as well.
Well, you a re a tiny little elf girl and he is a big, dead ... human? You think. You wonder how you are going to pick him up. You idly lift a hand, and drop it. it stays outstretched instead of falling to his side. You lift the other hand. it stays outstretched. You put one on top of his head. It stays there. You curl all the fingers of one but the pointer, and stick that one up his nose. it stays there. You giggle.

"I believe I can carry myself, at the moment."

So, the Idol is covered in debris? Better help with that, if I'm not hoisted into the air.
You are mistaken in thinking you can move yourself. Yo are able to come to consciousness. You are vaguely aware of your fellows, and of being dead but not dead. there's something in your nose.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2016, 06:18:03 pm »

((Did I roll a one or is this just you saying I can't help :P

I thought that he was unable to move, or prone or something.))

"...Maybe the pain messed with my head a bit."
Sigtext!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 07, 2016, 06:29:22 pm »

((Did I roll a one or is this just you saying I can't help :P

I thought that he was unable to move, or prone or something.))

"...Maybe the pain messed with my head a bit."
((you can help. this was my way of saying "you can't pick the guy up, he's way to heavy. lucky for you, you don't have to. He was standing, and his eyes were rolled back in his head and he was unresponsive. but, as yo uare now discovering, he reacts to being pushed around.")

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 07, 2016, 07:11:48 pm »

Oh. Try gaining control of my body again, then.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 07, 2016, 07:31:02 pm »

"Statement: Greeting again, fiddler organic. This one has found the idol, as you can see. Also, this one has scouted out the surroundings. The constables are still in the  foyer, staying well the hell away from the doors to the nave. The rubble pile is unstable and will be difficult to get down. This one believes going up and out through the back would be best.

Request: If we do go up, this one will need some help getting the idol there. This one is able to lift it alone, but only just."

get the idol upstairs and out the back with the help of fiddler if possible, and scout out our escape route at the back with the bees.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 04:57:24 pm by Pancaek »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 09, 2016, 03:09:35 pm »

I thought it was me we were waiting on, but it is harry and twinwolf. oops.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 32