Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69981 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #420 on: September 24, 2016, 07:46:52 pm »

"... Thanks dar...I um dident know that I actually sang well .."
Head off with my cat buddy
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 25, 2016, 05:19:37 am »

I'll use spontaneous drownage on it. I'll know I probably can't drown a machine but maybe I can flood its systems. If that doesn't work I'll use my Woeful Water(I'll use my magic on as many enemies as I can. The enemy reacts as if they suddenly are underwater (they are surrounded by psychic water kinda, water that's not really there, however they don't drown. They are slowed down, they don't attack as hard. Animals also freak out.)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 25, 2016, 08:56:28 am »

The Eye...What were we supposed to be doing again?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:03:25 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 25, 2016, 12:30:35 pm »

baron group
The feline quickly hops up onto Noir's shoulders, huddling down on her.  "It is done, yes?  These ones return?"

Well, I guess we're returing to whereever we're supposed to return to.  Auto my inactive allies if they don't post?

"...Dar'yajira believes Halfdragon sings well.  It sounds like bird that does not know it is watched by cat."
I'll use spontaneous drownage on it. I'll know I probably can't drown a machine but maybe I can flood its systems. If that doesn't work I'll use my Woeful Water(I'll use my magic on as many enemies as I can. The enemy reacts as if they suddenly are underwater (they are surrounded by psychic water kinda, water that's not really there, however they don't drown. They are slowed down, they don't attack as hard. Animals also freak out.)
you guys are returning to the camp to inform Dessmo, Senna and Alaran of your dismal failure at stealth, spying, and diplomacy? right on. Off you go.

The Eye...What were we supposed to be doing again?
Getting information from the baron about his plans, so that you can maybe prevent a massacre. You've made contact. Sort of.

mech hunt group
Try to keep a tree between me and it, continue to distract it throwing stines at it
Your dodge is cut short by a swipe from the creature, which knocks you flying. You land, roll, and end up on your feet, not yet noticing the bruises. You backpeddle quickly as the thing turns toward you and keeps coming.

Spring out of the hole, and jump onto the spider. Try to mangle some legs.
Your leap falls short, and the thing stagger hops away from you toward Jack

You call out to the waters of death, and invite the machine to join you in the depths. Moments later, water starts leaking out of the thing's damaged leg. it slows noticeably, allowing Jack to escape, and Terrance to catch up. you hear the sound of glass breaking, and something metallic banging rhythmically inside the machine. It staggers into the river about a yard, and tilts, falling on it's side. Black water leaks out of various seams now, getting washed away in the river. The thing goes still.

colony diplomacy group
Good idea.
I report back what I've found, done, and the machinist's reaction to the situation via commstone.
Alaran congratulates you on getting to the heart of the matter, and asks several questions: 1) How and when did the machines slip from oversight and become unaccounted for, 2) what mechanical prototypes have been getting tested in the last sixty days, 3) Do the Mechainists have a record of routine maintenance and troubleshooting for established lines, 4) what information have they shared with the baron about the issue, 5) how do they intend to respond to the baron's demand, 6) are there fail-safes so as to be able to safely deactivate these rogues, and 7) how do the mechanists plan to redress the damages to the villages?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 25, 2016, 01:09:03 pm »

Report in:

"Baron is angered over mechanical mayhem.  It believes people suffer, and will strike back.  This one attempted to communicate with Baron, to tell it not to use aggression, but Baron became hostile and attacked Dar'yajira.  Cat barely escaped harm."

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:29 pm »

Poke the thing with a stick a couple of times. Once I'm convinced that it's not getting up again, hog-tie it with Samuel's rope and drag it up out of the water.

((I can think of a few uses for a dead spider-bot. We should definitely keep it.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 25, 2016, 03:18:25 pm »

thrust sword (giggity) into its mechanismsto help keep it from moving again then get kinky and tie it up all nicely
"No one dead...or injured? "
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 08:07:51 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 25, 2016, 04:17:27 pm »

I relay Alaran's questions to the machinists, their responses back to him, his follow-up to them, etc.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 25, 2016, 04:25:49 pm »

Poke the thing with a stick a couple of times. Once I'm convinced that it's not getting up again, hog-tie it with Samuel's rope and drag it up out of the water.

((I can think of a few uses for a dead spider-bot. We should definitely keep it.))
((I call a leg and some gears. Wonder how sharp the legs are... rest of it can be used to upgrade the robit))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 25, 2016, 06:30:08 pm »

((We'll talk about divvying it up later. Assuming the thing isn't completely broken by the time we get back to the ship, Terrance might offer to forfeit a chunk of its share of the other loot in exchange for the spider.))

Terrance swats at Jack. "STOP THAT. THE THING IS DEAD; NO POINT IN DOING FURTHER DAMAGE."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 26, 2016, 12:28:14 am »

Jack wimper "Okay, just trying to make sure it can't move as easily if it starts moving again in the future"
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 26, 2016, 02:04:15 pm »

((I just want the gems etc.))
"Guess, who saved tha day again. This guy. I seriously deserve a promotion of some kind."
I guess we're going back (if Terrance and Jack want to). I'll help carry the machine.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 26, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »

"I think this plan works out well, Must say, was pretty interesting. Think some throwing knives would have been better then rocks. Remind me to pick some up."
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 26, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »

Report in:

"Baron is angered over mechanical mayhem.  It believes people suffer, and will strike back.  This one attempted to communicate with Baron, to tell it not to use aggression, but Baron became hostile and attacked Dar'yajira.  Cat barely escaped harm."
"Oh. That's too bad. Very well, Dar'yajira. We'll do what we can. Hey, where are The Eye, and that silly girl?" ((since they never posted that they were returning with you or anything))

thrust sword (giggity) into its mechanisms to help keep it from moving again,
"No one dead...or injured? "
CLANG. CLANG. CRASH -TINKLE- yep, it's broked but good.

-poke poke- You tie the rope around it's central segment and wade back out. You and Samuel start hauling.

((I just want the gems etc.))
"Guess, who saved tha day again. This guy. I seriously deserve a promotion of some kind."
I guess we're going back (if Terrance and Jack want to). I'll help carry the machine.
You guys pull the machine for a bit, but it's pretty heavy. It doesn't want to come out of the river like a good dead homicidal murdermachine and just cooperate.

I relay Alaran's questions to the machinists, their responses back to him, his follow-up to them, etc.
About the only part that catches your attention is when the gnome hears Alaran ask about the baron. "B-baron?" He askes. Thre is a pause of fifteen seconds on the other end. "You didn't know?" "N-no. Kow what?" "That might explain some things. THe baron is coming to ... to discuss the matter. he is not pleased. People have been hurt."
"oh.

mechanus and the Merciful One preserve us."

Well, at least everyone knows tat there is a problem now.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 26, 2016, 08:17:24 pm »

dafuq?
"Hey! Sir! I need to talk to whoever is responsible for the bots wrecking the nearby landscape! They're causing enough damage the locals are considering forming a small army just to attack this place and stop it! Lead me either to the person responsible or someone in authority around here because this shit needs to stop here and now!"
"I'm fine ma'rm, I just travel faster this way. Anyway, here's what's going on."I explain what's going on, what the problem is, what damage I saw personally on my way here, etc. If they have a specialized retrieval team, might as well let them handle this. If I have to repeat myself for different audiences, thats fine, though I'd like something to preserve decency if I'm going to be here for a bit. More to keep others from reacting than for my own sake.
I told them that already!
edit: Whatever. anyway, during my time here, I need to have been observing patterns of life, so I can get an idea of what forms would and would not be noticed, and how to blend in here.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 04:34:01 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44