Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70022 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2016, 07:15:47 pm »

@DoctorMcTaalik

The feline approaches Terrance at some point during the wait, and says with an apologetic tone "Dar'yajira wishes to thank Terrapode.  Cat did not expect Terrapode to release Halfdragon, but it did not want to harm it.  Dar'yajira does not want to be Terrapode's foe.  It only wants to protect."

Terrance cocks the left end of its brow. "YOUR GRATITUDE HAS BEEN NOTED, BUT I STILL BELIEVE THAT ALLOWING OUR CHUM THE "HALFDRAGON" TO SO MUCH AS TOUCH THAT INDIVIDUAL, AFTER SEEING THE PAIN AND INJURY SHE HAD INFLICTED UPON IT, WAS A WASTEFUL AND FOOLISH DECISION. BUT, NOT TO WORRY- DUTY BINDS US AS ALLIES, AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING.

AS A SIDE NOTE: I HAVE HEARD MANY RUMORS ABOUT YOUR KIND, AND I MUST SAY THAT YOU ARE NOT QUITE AS I HAD IMAGINED THEM. I WOULD GUESS THAT YOU ARE NOT- AS MANY BIPEDS BELIEVE- SOME FORM OF DEMONIC ENTITY? YOU CERTAINLY DO NOT LOOK LIKE ONE."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2016, 08:52:55 pm »

The cat's eyes glaze over a bit as Terrance speaks, and just stares at the terrapode for several seconds after it finishes talking.  He eventually tilts his head and speaks in a mildly confused tone "Ehh... It is Dar'yajira.  Twolegs have named it as demon, but Demon has said it is not?  Cat smells of cat, Demon smells of nothing, so this one believes cat is not demon..."  He pauses for a couple seconds, then continues with an affirmative nod "Twoleg is just stupid."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2016, 09:24:14 pm »

"Funny crowd we have here, ennit?"
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2016, 11:04:29 pm »

Terrance... "laughs". "WELL, WE CAN AT LEAST AGREE ON THAT."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2016, 11:06:58 pm »

"Eh, sorry 'bout the earlier mess just trying to keep from more death. May haps you all explain to me in detail what our mission is and what you know?"
he looks at Noir smiling
"And perhaps we may get to learn about each other in time."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2016, 07:04:26 am »

Heads up: next week, I'll be starting a first shift job, so my update schedule will change dramatically. it'll be evening and afternoon, almost exclusively starting Tuesday.

Dar'yajira will offer his assistance if requested, but will emphasize that he's really not good with theoretical druidic magic.  Just self-casting.

Otherwise, Dar will just stay near Noir, protectively watching.  He's mildly suspicious of Jack, but won't do anything about him unless he acts aggressive.

Note that ERP will be interpreted as aggression from Jack, because No.

"Just poke around in ther a bit. see if you can help the plantbaby do it's part while I do the mechanical. " You setle down next to Alaran as he tinkers with the Eye and go into a bit of a druidic trance, staring into the Eye. I mean, cats are good at staring contests, right? Well, Dar isn't entirely sure what he does, but he can see some weird little knots in the plantbaby's essence. they wriggle like vermin, so he does what cats do - kills the vermin. Once he's cleared the vermin-knots, he comes out of trance and goes to take a nap. ALaran informs him later, over a nice helping of fresh fish, that his help was quite efefctive, and between them they got the Eye in working order again. "Though, I still don't know really, what to make o the hybridization going on here. He was n't designed to be a host for an organic entity, after all.

Terrence would have nabbed the antitoxin, and stashed it in its chest. It would the try to glean information on the pendant via farseeing. The downtime would be spent skulking, and watching Noir out of the corner of its eye.
antitoxin acquired. The pendant is a pointed oval with a line across the middle. Upon magical inspection, the oval splits along the line and the thing starts speaking. hey hey hey. What have we here? a bear, a donkey and a barbarian walk into a bar. The bar has a thousand bottles of beer on the wall. They take one down and pass it around. Then another, and another. and another and another. They get blastingly drunk, and pay in silver before stumbling out of the bar to go make mischief elsewhere. Three years later the bar burns down. this is an unrelated event, as those three had moved on to another region by then. In the same year, four hundred and seven leagues away, a farm girl milked a cow. the milk was used to make cheese, which was eaten by the farmhands for dinner. That's how that goes. One of those farm hands was missing five of his teeth, and another was starting to rot in his head. that was painfu......" It goes on like this.

Check if any of the armor is better then my current armor, nab a short sword and bow and arrows
They didn't have bows or arrows. Leather is the best armor you get that fits. You get the short sword.

I pester anyone for information about the gods who could have changed me. I also look for info about these gods myself by reading books, etc. When the Eye is fixed I tell him the somewhat exagurated but nonetheless heroic tale of how I saved him from the fishguy. Say to Jack.
"We stopped a raid by fishmen. What about ya what are ya doing here?"

"Dude, there's like, at least six full pantheons. You got joker gods, who would do this on a whim, gods of the deep, who might want you asa servant, or might just do it because it's their nature, gods of the underworld - some of them are also gods of hte deep, gods of vengeance, gods of undeath, gods of trickery." overall, the information you get is conflicting and unhelpful.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2016, 08:20:45 am »

>"Magic is strange."

Repairs, and stuff.  Or just idle.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:37:35 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2016, 11:45:23 am »

Noir would relax and sit near her new buddy jack during the wait.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:46 pm »

Dar will just stay near Noir, protectively watching.  He's mildly suspicious of Jack, but won't do anything about him unless he acts aggressive.

This, this made my day.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2016, 12:19:20 pm »

Jack will sit there going about relaxing with her., studying the tentacle thing and orb thing.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:46:10 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2016, 02:08:09 pm »

I want to go/ vote to go to the Baron's castle.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2016, 09:31:22 pm »

"HOLD ON, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND YOU. LET US START WITH THE BASICS: MY NAME, FOR OUR PURPOSES HERE, IS TERRANCE. AND YOU ARE...?"

Get the pendant to shut up for a moment. Try to strike up an actual conversation.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 01, 2016, 04:29:11 am »

sheesh. Lenglon goes on vacation (I know, it isn't a vacation) and you guys lose all motivation to actually interact with the mission.

>"Magic is strange."

Repairs, and stuff.  Or just idle.

you were repaired last turn. so yeah, you just kinda hover around and metaphorically shrug your shoulders.

Dar will just stay near Noir, protectively watching.  He's mildly suspicious of Jack, but won't do anything about him unless he acts aggressive.

okay. but remember, I tend not to read the rp, so I don't know when it hits erp.

Noir would relax and sit near her new buddy jack during the wait.
Jack will sit there going about relaxing with her., studying the tentacle thing and orb thing.
This looks like the beginning of a doomed relationship here. Passionate, dangerous, and brief, ending in death, betrayal, and pop love songs.

I want to go/ vote to go to the Baron's castle.
It's unanimous among those who voted, so yu guys head out toward the baron's castle.

"HOLD ON, I CANNOT UNDERSTAND YOU. LET US START WITH THE BASICS: MY NAME, FOR OUR PURPOSES HERE, IS TERRANCE. AND YOU ARE...?"

Get the pendant to shut up for a moment. Try to strike up an actual conversation.
(2) the pendant ignores you and continues it's babble.

You all make god time on the way to the baron's castle. You stop in a village along the way for lunch, and learn that the baron has been through, recruiting. you hear that he is encamped about two miles away to the north, whereas his castle is still four hours northwest. This village is full of folk tales about hte troble the baron is recruiting for - anything from fighting bandits, to armies of invaders, undead, demons, forest fairies, his ex lover, his current lover, the villagers themselves, the baron is an evil wizard, moonmen, fishpeople, the Wild Hunt, and a huge swarm of locusts. It's a surprisingly large and varied list of rumors for such a rural setting. It also suggests that this village hasn't been directly affected by whatever has gotten the baron's waistcoat buttoned improperly.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 01, 2016, 09:39:15 am »

What can I say, Lenglon is good at this stuff.

The Eye waits for orders, input, or similar.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 44