Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69991 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 02:45:28 pm »

Time for soul destroying magics activate father's dark magic and fire at the enemy. After a few seconds for people to get out of the way when I say the below.
"Stay clear!"
Okay this should work well my magic is pretty good right now and I can finally use this.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 03:33:28 pm »

THE DOGS ARE NOT REAL, THE DOGS ARE NOT REAL...

Crouch low against the ground, and mindspike any enemies that try to scream at me. If the approaching group comes within range, try to put a dart in one of their legs.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 03:53:54 pm »

Urrgh, not good.  Yes, Dar'yajira would have moved back to the safety of his allies.

Dar will attempt to cast a second buff on himself, quickening his reflexes and reaction speed.  Presuming this helps with the intended attack, of course.  Once the attackers are getting near (and therefore our ranged attackers got a chance to do their work, minimizing friendly fire), Dar'yajira will utilize The Caerbannog Manuever.

Edit:He also activates a blur gem before he leaps into the fray.
Edit2:Dar also prioritizes attacking foes who are going for Aylia or Noir.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 06:00:03 pm »

Da capo, fortissimo!
(Do it again, but louder!)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 17, 2016, 07:13:48 am »

No turn today. i'll post tomorrow, provided my brain doesn't boil outta muh head.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 08:50:37 am »

No turn today. i'll post tomorrow, provided my brain doesn't boil outta muh head.
Oof.  Feel better soon.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2016, 06:50:24 am »

Oof.  Feel better soon.
Thank you. today is better. I am awake, even :P

((welp. that happened.))
As a player I need to know something my character does know but I don't - Does Aylia's Mer form exhale water or air? Water nymph? I'm looking for ways to support another person or if I'm lucky a group of people underwater.
"This is very bad!"
((Yay useless statements of the obvious))
Shoot it again!
(2) Ever feel like, just everything is going wrong? Yeah, that's this combat right here.

(So yeah, I can help people "breath" underwater?)
I happily sink to the bottom of the water and start walking on the sandy bottom towards the shore. I stick my head out of the water and say.
"Mates, this ain't good. Are we shoving off or staying?"
You literally stand up in the waist deep water and say this. You are five feet from the rocky shore. The water is deeper by the dock, twenty feet further on. Also, Dessmo, gives you a Look. You know the kind. the kind that says, "you got time to yak, you got time to stab things." Also, note, the ship is not at the dock at teh moment. You're kinda stuck here for a few rounds at least.

Time for soul destroying magics activate father's dark magic and fire at the enemy. After a few seconds for people to get out of the way when I say the below.
"Stay clear!"
Okay this should work well my magic is pretty good right now and I can finally use this.

You draw up some dark fire and launch it at the scout. it hits and splashes against his armore, tehn crawls along his limbs. He holds up his hands and looks a the black flame eating his fingers, and screams, then turns, runs, and dives into the water off the path. This is on the other side of a long sort of hook of land that forms the cove.

THE DOGS ARE NOT REAL, THE DOGS ARE NOT REAL...

Crouch low against the ground, and mindspike any enemies that try to scream at me. If the approaching group comes within range, try to put a dart in one of their legs.
You fire a dart at one of the approaching group and get a hit. It barely notices for the first couple steps, tehn stumbles and falls to it's knees. It isn't dead though, but is sits and holds it's leg. Nine left on the path.

Urrgh, not good.  Yes, Dar'yajira would have moved back to the safety of his allies.

Dar will attempt to cast a second buff on himself, quickening his reflexes and reaction speed.  Presuming this helps with the intended attack, of course.  Once the attackers are getting near (and therefore our ranged attackers got a chance to do their work, minimizing friendly fire), Dar'yajira will utilize The Caerbannog Manuever.

Edit:He also activates a blur gem before he leaps into the fray.
Edit2:Dar also prioritizes attacking foes who are going for Aylia or Noir.
Let's see
- clicks link-
of ... of course he does.
Rolling for buff ... rolling for attack ...
of ... of course he does. Rolling for damage.

Dar draws in the energy of the waves and the speed of the wind (note how I am making some druidic color text here? neat huh?) and the world slows. He leaps into the fray, bouncing from one enemy to another, slashing at throats, clawing at eyes, and hissing like a banshee in heat. His collar glows brightly for a moment before a vagueness comes over him as he moves into the battle. The enemy doesn't even know what is hitting them. When Dar lands, moments later, three fall to the ground, and two more tumble off the path, down the short incline, and into the water. Four remain on the path. And they begin retreating, holding their weapons and bucklers in front of them in a wall formation.

Da capo, fortissimo!
(Do it again, but louder!)
Two of the four left standing drop to their knees, covering their heads with their arms as a sonic scream hits them full force. The other two turn and run.
First time I've ever seen an eye scream bring a couple of whalemen to their knees.

Senna puts an arrow into the back of one of the fleeing enemies, and they drop.

there are
3 enemies in the water, effectively out of the battle, though they could climb back up the slope, like Samuel might.
3 enemies on the path, wounded. One is darted, the other two are down via scream.
4 dead on the path.
one running back to his group

an unknown number, as many as a dozen, left fighting in the complex. and an unknown number of defenders.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2016, 07:17:50 am »

while(has_hostile_targets && has_clear_shot){sonicScream(getTargetableHostileTarget())}

If you don't speak programmer:While the Eye has hostile targets and a clear shot, sonic scream the hostile targets.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:29 am »

Good, wounded to capture and question later.
Shoot down the runner.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2016, 12:37:33 pm »

Try to dart one or more of the enemies in the water.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2016, 03:00:32 pm »

Dive stealthily (if I can) towards the backs of the enemies in the water, suddenly rise out of the water like a great white shark in a bad horror movie and hit the enemies with my ball and chain (I also combine the hit with concussive magic to strengthen the hit.) If I really can't (because they would clearly see me) I try to drown them with my magic (spontaneous drownage). I know that they are aquatic creatures but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't drown.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 03:04:36 pm by Loki987 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2016, 05:13:13 pm »

I... Didn't think that would actually work.  Wow.  Did Dar just get excellent rolls?

In any case, chase down the last one.  Even if it's downed, stay near it and guard, in case it or one of the others gets back up.

Actually, no.  Dar'yajira stays near his allies, watching the foes who have already been downed.  If any attempt to get up and attack, he'll try to take them down before.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

((Huh the thing musta passed the will roll))
Noir throws some more of her father's dark soul destroying magic at any new enemies that are appearing.
"I'm surprised it survived that these things...are probably pretty strong..."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2016, 07:07:27 am »

while(has_hostile_targets && has_clear_shot){sonicScream(getTargetableHostileTarget())}

If you don't speak programmer:While the Eye has hostile targets and a clear shot, sonic scream the hostile targets.

Do you want to scream at the ones in the water, the wounded ones, the runner, or the ones in the compound? Each of those has been identified as hostile, while the dead are identified as 'inert.'

Good, wounded to capture and question later.
Shoot down the runner.
You hit that one in the back. it stumbles forward, arrow quivering, before falling out of sight around the bend.

Try to dart one or more of the enemies in the water.
The darts hit the water with a plink! You can't tell if they hit anything. probably not.

Dive stealthily (if I can) towards the backs of the enemies in the water, suddenly rise out of the water like a great white shark in a bad horror movie and hit the enemies with my ball and chain (I also combine the hit with concussive magic to strengthen the hit.) If I really can't (because they would clearly see me) I try to drown them with my magic (spontaneous drownage). I know that they are aquatic creatures but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't drown.
your problem here is that you have to go around a bit of a peninsula of land, and that will take another round beyond this one to do. Additionally, you haven't seen much of this event, from your location behind and below your teammates. All you really see is a few of your team's backs as they shoot and weild unholy power at something ahead of them.

I... Didn't think that would actually work.  Wow.  Did Dar just get excellent rolls?

In any case, chase down the last one.  Even if it's downed, stay near it and guard, in case it or one of the others gets back up.

Actually, no.  Dar'yajira stays near his allies, watching the foes who have already been downed.  If any attempt to get up and attack, he'll try to take them down before.
That succeeded well beyond Dar's expectations. On brief reflection, he can hardly believe he achieved what he did. None of the others get up this round, though the ones in the water are moving about.

((Huh the thing musta passed the will roll))
Noir throws some more of her father's dark soul destroying magic at any new enemies that are appearing.
"I'm surprised it survived that these things...are probably pretty strong..."
The others are still around the bend.

you all regroup on the path (unless loki wants to stay in the water and circle around the long way). Dessmo and Senna have a brief discussion about the survivors. Dessmo suggests killing them quickly, since battle is still ongoing, but Senna suggests keeping a couple alive. Dessmo shrugs and kills the two that the eye stunned and suggests someone run back to the dock for rope, if they want prisoners. "Just one of you. The rest, group up to advance. Thank you, Dar, for keeping an eye on these, and well done."

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2016, 08:28:17 am »

No, I go back to the team again. I did absolutely nothing last turn so now I will help you guys.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44