Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 70063 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2016, 12:37:51 pm »

If any of the approaching enemies try their shockwave trick, interrupt them with a spike of pain to the brain. Otherwise, try to topple the one in the center by doing the same to its legs.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2016, 02:26:04 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While trailing behind the hostiles, Dar'yajira buffs his legs' strength.  He'll wait for his allies' ranged attacks to resolve, then leap onto the neck of the least injured foe remaining.  He rakes with his hind legs until the spine gives, then leaps back away and takes cover.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2016, 12:11:51 am »

Noir prepares getting into a more rest stance focusing her charm magic ready to unleash it and pacify any enemy that appears.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2016, 07:40:46 am »

I ready my bow and wait for the scout's arrival. Plan is simple - shoot them before they raise the alarm. I aim for the unarmored throat, which should silence them.
the first enemy rounds the bluff and you let loose. Your arrow hits it in the shoulder, sending it staggering back. A flesh wound. it's mouth opens in a surprised O, and it's euyes go large too, as the other two step around beside it, not yet fully aware of what has happened.

((Sorry for the late response I was occupied yesterday.))
"Sir, I can help destroy tha ships in a moment. I can't drown remember?"
I'll help Aylia against the scouts. I'll use my new concussive magic and shoot a ghostly invisible battering ram towards the scouts who are not hit (if any) by Aylia.
It should suddenly knock my enemies about as if they are being hit by a telekinetic blast. I'll call this spell "Ghostly Invisible Battering Ram" because it's easy.

Your spell sends a blast of wind at them, which seems to have no noticeable effect. Blah. You consider whtherr maybe hitting them with something would aid in the concussiveness of your spells. Probably.

If any of the approaching enemies try their shockwave trick, interrupt them with a spike of pain to the brain. Otherwise, try to topple the one in the center by doing the same to its legs.
You guys got off a first volley before they could react, so pain to the legs is a go. The one in the middle gasps and clutches it's leg, but does not fall. He looks ready to scream for help.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

While trailing behind the hostiles, Dar'yajira buffs his legs' strength.  He'll wait for his allies' ranged attacks to resolve, then leap onto the neck of the least injured foe remaining.  He rakes with his hind legs until the spine gives, then leaps back away and takes cover.
Buff legs for a raking attack? Okay. You feel power build in your hind legs. Your fur stands on end. You leap on the one who hasn't been hit and rake his back, tearing chunks of flesh out. He screams. Oh, that probably did it. He also swings around wildly, reaching over his back to try to grab you and dislodge.

Noir prepares getting into a more rest stance focusing her charm magic ready to unleash it and pacify any enemy that appears.
You attempt to charm the three, but one has an arrow sticking out of him, one is hunched over clutching his leg, and the other is whirling around with something small, furry, and bloody on it's back. the two who aren't being mauled by something straight outta Monty Python both focus their attention on you. The one clutching it's leg points at you.

Dessmo lunges in with his sword and cuts the throat of the one Aylia shot. that one drops.

And Senna fires an arrow through the neck of the one Dar is mauling. That one sags as well, it's scream turning into a gurgle. Two down, one to go.
((good rolls for the npcs this round. Also, I'm rolling behind the scenes stuff for the rest of the combat as well))

You hear a commotion from up the path: What sounds like shouted orders, and people moving toward your location.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2016, 03:41:09 pm »

Bash the head in with my ball and chain of the remaining enemy (one of my specialities).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2016, 04:18:57 pm »

The last target needs an arrow. Deliver it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2016, 06:29:20 pm »

Monitor the incoming group using Farseeing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2016, 10:31:38 pm »

WAUGH WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN AAAAAA

UMM

PLAY HAVOC WITH THE ENEMY SOUND SENSE BY SCREECHING LOUDLY IN WHATEVER FREQUENCIES THEY'RE USING
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 03:12:05 am »

((Lenglon please, don't shoot me in the back.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2016, 07:55:58 am »

Disengage, let allies handle the remaining foe.  Rush to check what the commotion up the path is, preferably stealthily.
You jump off the last guy and start to dart up the path then freeze in your tracks. There's a bit of a crowd rushing down the path now. They've definitely seen you. "Twolegs fishmen brought friends!"

Bash the head in with my ball and chain of the remaining enemy (one of my specialities).
You swing and miss, as the guy is wildly swinging around. he is already bent forward and gives a sonic scream at you, which passes right through you and throws you into the water of the cove. "I barely felt that!" You yell, from under the waves.

The last target needs an arrow. Deliver it.
the arrow is tossed aside when the creature does it's sonic scream at Samuel. Samuel looks almost amused as he splashes down into the bay.

Monitor the incoming group using Farseeing.
The sonic shout disorients you and causes your farsight to blur suddenly. All you can see is rotating images of Hello Kitty. They are all making Gyroid sounds in unison: Clonking, clanking, hooting, whislting. You shake yourhead and refocus your normal eyes.

WAUGH WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN AAAAAA

UMM

PLAY HAVOC WITH THE ENEMY SOUND SENSE BY SCREECHING LOUDLY IN WHATEVER FREQUENCIES THEY'RE USING

You analyse the sound the creature made, and send a version of it back at him.  It sends him staggering a bit, and he turns toward you, readying his pole arm. You fel that you got the frequency right, but perhaps the focus or volume were off.

Dessmo and Senna suffer the same fate as the rest - Senna's arrow goes flying off like Aylias, and Dessmo gets clipped by Samuel as he goes for a wash.

Highest roll for the team this round: 3

The group on the path advances to within about ten feet of where Dar was. I'm going ahead and moving Dar back to the safety of the group, unless he would prefer to dash off the path toward the water or attempt to get up the cliff.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2016, 10:11:34 am »

((welp. that happened.))
As a player I need to know something my character does know but I don't - Does Aylia's Mer form exhale water or air? Water nymph? I'm looking for ways to support another person or if I'm lucky a group of people underwater.
"This is very bad!"
((Yay useless statements of the obvious))
Shoot it again!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2016, 10:45:43 am »

Mer would breathe out what they breathe in, and water nymph kinda doesn't breathe. Neither would be naturally adept at giving another person air for underwater, though with the proper magic trained up, they could do so.

Don't worry about Samuel, though. He's an old hand at drowning. Actually, he might have a better cahnce of keeping people alive that way, though the mechanics for it are kinda odd, and rather uncomfortable. at leaast, for anyone not Samuel.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2016, 11:28:39 am »

((I'm not worried about Samuel - I'm looking for escape routes. I can get away anytime, but our humans aren't going to outswim an aquatic creature (webbed hands/feet) I was wondering if I could hide at least one underwater for a stealthy escape / boat approach.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2016, 12:46:25 pm »

(So yeah, I can help people "breath" underwater?)
I happily sink to the bottom of the water and start walking on the sandy bottom towards the shore. I stick my head out of the water and say.
"Mates, this ain't good. Are we shoving off or staying?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44