Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44

Author Topic: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On  (Read 69942 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Road Goes Ever On
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2016, 10:41:13 am »

I ready my equipment, but then set it aside along with my clothes, and shift into raven form and take flight, seeing what is going on. I'll land afterwards and report my findings.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2016, 11:23:09 am »

Take a fargander at the commotion. Have my blowpipe at the ready.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2016, 12:47:47 pm »

((Hey, no commstones for me? Do you think I'm less competent? No, no, I 'm kidding you had to choose someone.))
I ready myself for combat. I pick up my ball and chain and am ready to cast magic if need be.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 03:55:20 pm by Loki987 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2016, 01:00:36 pm »

((Hey, no commstones for me? Do you think I'm less competent? No, no, I 'm kidding you had to choose someone.))
I ready myself for combat. I pick up my ball and chain and am ready to cast magic if need be.
((is that speech or an action?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2016, 03:55:38 pm »

((Woops changed it.))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2016, 06:42:05 pm »

Back when he first receives the commstone from the Eye, Dar'yajira does a little bow and says "This one is very thankful.  Dar'yajira will use it well."

Sneak ahead, and scout out the battle, but do not engage or get too close.  Quietly report what is seen via the commstone.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2016, 01:59:33 pm »

Noir blinks looking a little worried as she sees people drawing their weapons and waits.
Wait...and see but be ready if someone hands me a weapon I feel confident I can use have it at the ready.
"...Okay.. fighting... Probably...well now...I suppose theirs a time for this... Though maybe I could try and use my charm magic...hasn't failed me yet actually..."
Dessmo looks at you sternly. "Whatever you got, use it. Those are our people in there."

I ready my equipment, but then set it aside along with my clothes, and shift into raven form and take flight, seeing what is going on. I'll land afterwards and report my findings.
You fly up the cliff to an overlook with a good view of the cove. the overview is along hteback side of a small stone fort, about twenty foot by twenty. There is a gate in the far side of the fort, facing the winding path and a wide, open space filled with several ramshackle wooden buildings. Two of hte buildings are burning, and there is movement among them. Some figures are laying on the ground, still, and others appear to be struggling. You note the presence of a couple longboats on the far side of the island, rocking in the waves and being held steady by several men with ropes and poles. They must have climbed the rocky embankment to launch a surprise attack. You report this to Dessmo, who stares at you for a couple seconds after your transformation before looking away, frowning.

Take a fargander at the commotion. Have my blowpipe at the ready.
You see about six defenders fighting between the buildings against twenty or so attackers. The attackers wear long, heavy coats with small plates of bronze, conical helmets, and carry roundshields, while the defenders wear a more piecemeal collection of articles. The invaders are green skinned with webbed hands and wield short, curved swords and longer hooked spears. They are making a continuous chittering sound, which your sight sees reverberate across the environment and bounce back to them to provide information. They ocasionally use a sonic blast by bending forward and generating a focused energy up their spine and out through their forehead to stun their opponent. You see this happen once, but the person being attacked must have seen it before, as they dodge to the side and put a hand axe into the attacker's head.

Alright. You and the bulk of the group remain on this side of the cliff for the moment while your scouts check things out. You'll have about a thirty foot run to get into the fight.

Back when he first receives the commstone from the Eye, Dar'yajira does a little bow and says "This one is very thankful.  Dar'yajira will use it well."

Sneak ahead, and scout out the battle, but do not engage or get too close.  Quietly report what is seen via the commstone.
You slink around the edge of the cliff and down the path. The path is open to the left, sloping away to a rocky, rubble strewn shore, waves crashing among the boulders and sending up a spray that reaches the path, making it wet and slick. You do not get far before you spot three of the invaders coming down the path toward you. Looks like they sent a scouting party toward the cove.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2016, 03:01:55 pm »

Understood I'll fly up and use it!
Noir breaths deep and begins to move  her wings already looking nervous.
Fly up and use my charm magic on my enemy then with the intent of pacifying them and stop fighting or if I can't pacify enough of em have them turn on each other once I'm done with that go back down and report.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 09:27:11 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2016, 04:29:25 pm »

"Three twoleg fish come down path, this one will try to get behind."

Say the above over the commstone (note our NPCs have a couple), then check for good hiding spots.  If one is found, and Dar'yajira hasn't been spotted, hide and wait for them to pass, then stalk from behind once they do.  If Dar'yajira has been spotted, retreat.

Also, does their armor cover their necks?  If so, ankles?  Are there any weak spots at all?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »

"Sir, I suggest neutralizing the invader's ships so they can't escape, then systematically picking them off piecemeal, using our superior mobility to compensate for their numbers. also once they have been trapped we could call for an assault team to retake the position if we lack the firepower to do so ourselves."
Suggest

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2016, 08:34:44 pm »

Continue to monitor. Relay all information to Dessmo.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2016, 09:28:35 pm »

Understood I'll fly up and use it!
Noir breaths deep and begins to move  her wings already looking nervous.
Fly up and use my charm magic on my enemy then with the intent of pacifying them and stop fighting or if I can't pacify enough of em have them turn on each other once I'm done with that go back down and report.
Dessmo reaches out and grabs you by a wing as you begin to lift off, forcing you back down. You land wobbly and hunched over sideways. "ow, ow, ow, ow ..."

"I can think of at least three things wrong with that plan, little idiot. First, you'll be shot out of the sky. Second, I seriously doubt your charm magic is effective at range, on twenty, who are spread well apart, and may have resistances to such things. Third - and this is the one I care about - you'll give us away. You don't look at all like a bird, you silly girl. Now look sharp, we have incoming. See what you can do with the three coming down the path."

"Three twoleg fish come down path, this one will try to get behind."

Say the above over the commstone (note our NPCs have a couple), then check for good hiding spots.  If one is found, and Dar'yajira hasn't been spotted, hide and wait for them to pass, then stalk from behind once they do.  If Dar'yajira has been spotted, retreat.

Also, does their armor cover their necks?  If so, ankles?  Are there any weak spots at all?

"noted." comes the very quiet reply. Their lower legs in general are exposed, especially at the backs of the joints. Tehir elbows as well. And the armor does leave their neck and upper spine exosed so they can do that thing, which I believe Dar does not know about yet, where they bend forward and send a sonic blast.

Anyway, yo usit down, right in the middle of the path, and lick your paw, looking straight at the invaders as they approach. before they get within stabbing distance, you scamper out of the way, around a rock and out of sight. They completely ignore you and march on past, slowly, on the alert for larger threats. They will meet the team this coming turn, and you are positioned behind, within striking distance.

"Sir, I suggest neutralizing the invader's ships so they can't escape, then systematically picking them off piecemeal, using our superior mobility to compensate for their numbers. also once they have been trapped we could call for an assault team to retake the position if we lack the firepower to do so ourselves."
Suggest
"Alaran?"
"Working our way around now. They are in shallow water though, so I don't think our ship will be able to reach them. If they scatter, we'll, at best, get one of them."
"Noted. Aylia, wait here so we can deal with these scouts before they can call out to the others. Once they are down, perhaps you and one other can get around to the boats. Tehn return to us. No sense in spreading ourselves thin - they'll be able to take us out piecemeal instead that way."

Continue to monitor. Relay all information to Dessmo.
Nothing significant has changed, except the level of peril your physical body is now in, as the three invaders approach.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2016, 10:24:58 pm »

I ready my bow and wait for the scout's arrival. Plan is simple - shoot them before they raise the alarm. I aim for the unarmored throat, which should silence them.

Loki987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2016, 05:38:28 am »

((Sorry for the late response I was occupied yesterday.))
"Sir, I can help destroy tha ships in a moment. I can't drown remember?"
I'll help Aylia against the scouts. I'll use my new concussive magic and shoot a ghostly invisible battering ram towards the scouts who are not hit (if any) by Aylia.
It should suddenly knock my enemies about as if they are being hit by a telekinetic blast. I'll call this spell "Ghostly Invisible Battering Ram" because it's easy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2016, 10:03:40 am »

((Sorry for the late response I was occupied yesterday.))
"Sir, I can help destroy tha ships in a moment. I can't drown remember?"
I'll help Aylia against the scouts. I'll use my new concussive magic and shoot a ghostly invisible battering ram towards the scouts who are not hit (if any) by Aylia.
It should suddenly knock my enemies about as if they are being hit by a telekinetic blast. I'll call this spell "Ghostly Invisible Battering Ram" because it's easy.

((Aylia can only shoot one at a time, she isn't a super-sniper or anything like that. I wouldn't count on her taking all or even any of them out.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44