Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48

Author Topic: Mind Reading Mafia Game Over, No One Won.  (Read 94153 times)

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Reading Mafia Day 4 6/11 No more replacements needed... for now.
« Reply #645 on: November 23, 2016, 02:34:39 pm »

Correct. There is "an unknown number of mafia and/or third party in the game"

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 23, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »

Basically what I'm getting st is if we can just narrow it down more, we can make quicker work of the game

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 23, 2016, 05:02:43 pm »

Hum.

Everyone: Do we have any reason to believe that any of our inspects are reliable? Also, can I get your reads list?

Sprityo: What are you talking about?

UXLZ: How do you know your target is scum?

Tiruin: What's your take on the game right now?

Starver:
TheWetSheep(+Masterful Mess With Memories=edit 5 posts/night) == Claimed, and Jack (original player) claimed this ability from beginning;
Where'd this come from? I claimed edit 3 posts/night, and that's not my ability name. Weird. Jack A T's claim doesn't match up with mine.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 23, 2016, 05:22:42 pm »

How to narrow it down, though?

Everyone has claimed, and everyone is at least superficially plausible.
Fish's minimal role would be suspicious without Fallacy's flip of exactly that cop-only role.  TWS's retrospective skill would be suspicious if I didn't have a couple of semi-useless versions of that myself. Your (Sprityo's) deflection ability is more defensive than I'd like without something more special in your role to defend, but alongside Vig and Block variants on the half-useful Cop role, why not? Tiruin is just too difficult to differentiate between a duplicate of TDS and someone opportistically claiming such duplication. UXLZ has been examined, and everything but re-testing after revival seems to have confirmed the disintetested but not intrinsically Town-unfriendly nature of the character.

Ninjaed by TWS, and in reply I would have blamed my notes for being wrong, but looks like you've spotted some (if not the same) discrepancies yourself...  I will have to review everything again though.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 23, 2016, 06:03:31 pm »

Yep, I thought I'd messed up but (after much Forum-Fu manhandling the integrated search engine!) I found Jack's claim here.

Given something I suspect (do you perhaps have something like my Mental Fortitude, TWS?) I can imagine Jack having intentionally paraphrased for good reasons... Not sure about the number discrepancy, except simple error or hyperbole or just derived from the same 3+2 combo as I am conceivably allowed?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 23, 2016, 07:26:10 pm »

No, I fullclaimed here:
Fullclaim:

I'm the magnificent memory modifier at the academy.

I can read mind to inspect someone.

I can mess with memories to edit up to three posts from any day at night.

Results:

N1: Read Mind Tiruin: Mafia
N2: Read Mind BHK: Mafia
N3: Read Mind vishdafish: Town
Only thing I can think of is Jack trying to bait scum fakeclaims, which I guess kinda makes sense. He'd have a good defense for why he lied(what other purpose would it serve?).

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: November 23, 2016, 09:19:38 pm »

@Fillipk, if it was MYLO, would we be told?

Yes
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 25, 2016, 09:10:24 am »

I don't know for certain, but I am presuming that my target is scum because on the night Deus died, there was only one kill. It seems illogical for the scum team to intentionally not kill anyone.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

Sprityo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: November 25, 2016, 09:53:42 am »

@TheWetSheep: What I'm getting at is we technically have another day, and therefore can afford a wrong lynch today. The time for critical thinking doesn't necessarily have to be now.

so at the very least we can lynch someone today and have the next day to pick between a smaller pool of suspects.

Cause as far as we know, it's 5 town 1 third party. We could either lynch among our town, or lynch the third party and remove any doubt that that is the only reason the game is still going on. Or even the perhaps chance that they decide to side with mafia because they could have lied about their role.

Other than that though, which is not the 3rd option in the order I would do, with random lynching someone between the town players 2nd. I suggest we lynch between the double claim roles of the setup/tiruin and TheBiggerFish.

Actually..... it would make more sense to have two lesser roles. Unless say this is meant to be a clusterfuck where no two roles are the same......

Based purely off of roles right now, I'm gonna throw out my order I would like people lynched:

Tiruin
TheBiggerFish
UXLZ
Starver
TheWetFish

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: November 25, 2016, 09:59:55 am »

Yes
Huh. Never knew this that the GM would tell situations. o_O

Because if that's the case, then I'm going to bank on the fact we have only one mafia and one third party. Since we are guaranteed at least one mafia and one third party
Since when did the second part come to mind for you? Never hit me that there's a single-person case. Those queries adjusted my expectations to either that 1/1 scenario or a 2 Mafia (and Uxie is faked :v)

I don't know for certain, but I am presuming that my target is scum because on the night Deus died, there was only one kill. It seems illogical for the scum team to intentionally not kill anyone.
Is there any reason to presume otherwise?

Only thing I can think of is Jack trying to bait scum fakeclaims, which I guess kinda makes sense. He'd have a good defense for why he lied(what other purpose would it serve?).
Lied where?

The link where the # of people changed from five to three? Is there any purpose why that would even matter?

Moving the vote back onto Starver. I've also been incredibly tired lately so brevity in my tone is here.

Still seeing you as town :v giving Uxie the benefit of the doubt, have the impression that given SIX people--there's the chance of a two mafia team, a 1/1 as noted above, or whichever that includes no vote shenanigans or empowerment happening.

How to narrow it down, though?
Pick the most plausible person for information, because there will be at least two people who may be giving false or partial information that will be to an agenda here.

Based purely off of roles right now, I'm gonna throw out my order I would like people lynched:

Tiruin
TheBiggerFish
UXLZ
Starver
TheWetFish
You put me at top and yet all my questions to you are ignored, by you :v
Including the lack of detail to all that. Wow.

Could you give any contextual reason about your ideas there? Please also answer my earlier queries to you.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: November 25, 2016, 06:30:56 pm »

Tiruin: Reasoning on Starver?

Still seeing you as town :v giving Uxie the benefit of the doubt,
Not really what I was looking for; this is basically just buddying.

have the impression that given SIX people--there's the chance of a two mafia team, a 1/1 as noted above, or whichever that includes no vote shenanigans or empowerment happening.
You know we're not at MYLO, so no chance of a two mafia team. Also, there's nothing here about Starver. Nothing where you address him either.

Sprityo: Why don't you think a third party lynch is a good idea?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: November 25, 2016, 10:24:37 pm »

Tiruin: Reasoning on Starver?
TheWetSheep: Reasoning on Tiruin? :V (Unvote, Starver)
This myopia >_> [/grumpyTiruin]

Dude, I've written it in my past posts -_- I've also removed several people from my suspect list AS WELL AS denoting the links of powers towards people. CHECKING down MY OWN power onto UXLZ, which came around Maf, and then THIRD PARTY, alongside someone else's (ie TBF, who is KANOGUTI, who is BHK), who was cross checked by three people--YOU, who is JACK; Juicebox, who is DEAD and TOWN and has the same role/power as me [Note: I did not claim to be like TDS, I claimed FoU :P, seems peoples forgot], ans SPRITYO, who is TMS, who was BEARSHOGUN. Who I have paired since before with JACK due to the nigh equal night patterns but given the # of replacements seem to be diverging in attitude at present.

Who are contending with my #1 vote slot now. Although Sprityo is near the note of 'my next vote' given his strange attitude in congruence with Jack, who has played very well but is followed up by...your play.

have the impression that given SIX people--there's the chance of a two mafia team, a 1/1 as noted above, or whichever that includes no vote shenanigans or empowerment happening.
You know we're not at MYLO, so no chance of a two mafia team. Also, there's nothing here about Starver. Nothing where you address him either.
:o Oh my!
Really?
I assumed we were at that point given my behavior past D4 :I That's why I was all going around about two/one and links between people back there. I also addressed him quite a ways back and DID MENTION I AM BUSY, so that leap of conclusion is pretty...shallow for you.
Along with that pressure vote. :v

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 25, 2016, 10:26:21 pm »

Yeah, TWS, what's going on here?

@Tiruin:Uh
Who is your vote supposed to be on right now
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: November 25, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »

Yeah, TWS, what's going on here?

@Tiruin:Uh
Who is your vote supposed to be on right now
Humored TWS in my grumpy state at the moment because I just woke up + thesis taking up mah time :v
But that was more humor to his way of pressuring when there's a lot of details way back there. My vote is on Starver, but I'm dedicating my weekend to refine it and poke Sprityo alongside it. Back there, I did note divergence between [anyone actually suspecting me given the opportunities >_>] and the public notion of one's power and OSG's original attitude as to them being targets. THe night pattern of kills also, while being pretty vulnerable to overspeculation, also has impressions in itself with the list of dead people and their performance (they were not that active folks and there seems to be little connection between them and the impact they had on the game in the sense of current-to-the-day activity)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: November 25, 2016, 10:35:27 pm »

Did you claim?  What was your claim?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 48