Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there a world viewer that lets me see regions and their outlines ?  (Read 888 times)

sirinon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I am doing a lot of legends stuff recently and I have realized that none of the legends or map generators I can find will show me the regions on a map, plenty of utilities list the region but none show it on a map so I can correlate events to locations.

anyone know of any ?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a world viewer that lets me see regions and their outlines ?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 05:48:31 am »

No, I don't think anyone has made a tool like this. If you are curious about where a region is, then I suppose you could start up fortress mode and find it from the world map there, I think it tells you what region you are in when you are looking for a site. It definitely tells you when you are previewing a freshly gened world but obviously that is not helpful if you are already in legends.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Melting Sky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 03:46:17 am »

I used to use IsoWorld to check out my worlds in a more visually detailed manner, but I'm not sure this is exactly what you are looking for?

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 05:19:53 am »

I used to use IsoWorld to check out my worlds in a more visually detailed manner, but I'm not sure this is exactly what you are looking for?

No he is talking about stuff like "the swamp of misery" or "the fertile plains" and as far as I know nothing exists that shows the boundaries of those regions.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Mason11987

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:43:01 pm »

So I am doing a lot of legends stuff recently and I have realized that none of the legends or map generators I can find will show me the regions on a map, plenty of utilities list the region but none show it on a map so I can correlate events to locations.

anyone know of any ?

My app, world viewer,  does this.

http://i.imgur.com/UQt2GRj.png

See my signature.