Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Zombie Dragon  (Read 2643 times)

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zombie Dragon
« on: July 25, 2016, 07:20:40 pm »

So I was having a nice badass adventurer warrior poet adventure and everything was going very well. I barely got any injuries (because of this bug that makes bandits not attack you, at least I think it's a bug) and one day I decided it was time to go on a serious adventure. I went on a long amd perilous journey with my companions to a cave that contained a dragon. At the last river crossing both of them got eaten by alligators. I then had to walk to a town to get more and started back again. We made it to the lair and while searching for the entrance my crossbowman suddenly fired off a bolt and hit the ZOMBIE dragon's neck. Then I saw the dragon charging and before my crossbowman could fire off another shor both my companions got melted in a single burst of flame, with me blocking the flame with my shield. Then an epic battle ensued with me blocking every shot from the dragon, as well as the flame it was spouting. I was getting really good hits in, as the dragon was so big I could see everything just fine. I was aiming for its head and neck to kill it, as in all zombie media you need to destroy the head in some way to get rid of the zombie. However, all I was doing was bruising its muscle and twisting its neck. I got a really good stab in and fractured the skull, but it didn't die. Soon after the fracture, my adventurer apparantly disnmt lift his shield up and he got melted in his bronze armor and a rose gold goblet he had in his backpack. So I just want to say sorry for lack of separating these with paragraphs or whatever. I'm typing this on my phone so I don't feel like doing that. Also how the HELL am I supposed to fight a zombie dragon?! It's freakin' invincible! I'm seriously considering going back as another, more badass guy to finish it ofd. But I don't know if I can.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Dragon
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:45 pm »

Though I'm total adv mode newbie myself, I believe the standard doctrine is going for the legs to slow them down?

Hacking off the head will temporarily kill zombies, but in a reanimating area you need to pulp all parts with [GRASP] - so, hands too.

At least it was just the one - in a situations where there is a mix of alive and dead megabeasts in reanimating region within combat range, there is soon only giant army of undead megabeasts.

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 08:12:05 pm »

Well, I guess I'll have to find another beast to kill for an epic adventure! I'm definitely not going back there. I think the whole reason I got melted was because I used my shield arm to grapple its throat (I was trying to choke it out, what was I thinking?)

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 08:44:48 pm »

Well, I guess I'll have to find another beast to kill for an epic adventure! I'm definitely not going back there. I think the whole reason I got melted was because I used my shield arm to grapple its throat (I was trying to choke it out, what was I thinking?)

Are you sure leaving such an evil menace to live in your world is a good idea? (It might be idk)

BlackBronze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 10:45:43 pm »

Bash its skull into pulp, then carve its bones into bone figurines of you bashing its skull into pulp.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:28:11 am »

The neck probably should have worked. What weapon were you using?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:34:18 pm »

It seems mclarky96 used a weapon capable of stabbing

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:40 pm »

It seems mclarky96 used a weapon capable of stabbing

Not sure what weapon mclarky96 was using or what weapon skill level. Edge stab damage should be better with higher corresponding weapon skill, which should modify ease and squareness of strike, along with higher penetration size. Along with the useful modifiers that apply from stab, slash damage benefits from high contact area, higher penetration size, and weight (ie. great axe).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:33:39 pm by peasant cretin »

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2016, 08:19:10 pm »

I was using a masterwork bronze longsword that menaced with spikes of fire opal. I had master swordsman skill. I wanted to get a steel sword at one point but the only dwarf adventurers I found wtih steel were a speardwarf and a macedwarf, and the speardwarf died earlier and the macedwarf was one of the companions that got eaten by alligators.

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 09:37:20 pm »

I wanted to get a steel sword at one point but the only dwarf adventurers I found wtih steel were a speardwarf and a macedwarf, and the speardwarf died earlier and the macedwarf was one of the companions that got eaten by alligators.

Some adventure :D

DMT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2016, 08:09:14 pm »

I discovered there's a zombie roc in my world

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2016, 02:01:27 am »

I noticed you sometimes get undead megabeasts (especially dragons), not sure how it happens.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com