Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18

Author Topic: You'll Show Them All!  (Read 18648 times)

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
Re: You'll Show Them All!
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 06:21:50 pm »

Or Let's Plays. Make it self-learning, so it slowly learns how to play games. Give it an obviously robotic voice, and title the videos, "AI plays (game)
People will think that it is a real person trying to pretend to be an AI, but it will actually be an AI. Make sure it cusses every other word, blames the game if it is stuck until it makes progress, etc.

Basically, make a DarkSydePhil simulator.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 08:36:14 pm »

Or Let's Plays. Make it self-learning, so it slowly learns how to play games. Give it an obviously robotic voice, and title the videos, "AI plays (game)
People will think that it is a real person trying to pretend to be an AI, but it will actually be an AI. Make sure it cusses every other word, blames the game if it is stuck until it makes progress, etc.

+1 For the evulz!

We need to test out our A.I. building skills. Let's start by training it to play BlO0dcourdle SVIx: Assassin of R.P.G.s!@!%! and then branch out into giving it the ability to self-adapt to new games.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

I, Writer

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm all the way up, and nothing can stop me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2016, 09:39:00 pm »

+1 For the evulz!

We need to test out our A.I. building skills. Let's start by training it to play BlO0dcourdle SVIx: Assassin of R.P.G.s!@!%! and then branch out into giving it the ability to self-adapt to new games.
Make sure the games it plays aren't bugged and that they tell you what to do, okay? I'm sure the AI can be good at games if it wants to, but it's up to the developers to make good games that aren't bugged. I know what I'm talking about; I'm a former SFII champion and professional fighting gamer.

What? Wait a second! Why is the quick reply box bugged? What the fuck?! It's bugged! Look at this! C'mooooooonnn! Why doesn't Bay12 tell you how to post? This site sucks. I'm outta here, okay?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2016, 10:36:07 pm »

Woooooooooooooooow...
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2016, 06:42:34 am »

My suggestions for purchase:
Hi-quality 3D printer (2,500)
20 Hi-quality desktops in server farm (16,000)
Independent Communications Connection (5,000)

Total cost = 23,500

Cash Remaining = 175,500

Wow. We've still got a load left. What else do you guys want?

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2016, 08:35:11 am »

all of that, and a personal highqual desktop. also get a very old laptop with windows xp for that absolutr last backup (it happened to me)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2016, 11:35:43 am »

My suggestions for purchase:
Hi-quality 3D printer (2,500)
20 Hi-quality desktops in server farm (16,000)
Independent Communications Connection (5,000)

Total cost = 23,500

Cash Remaining = 175,500

Wow. We've still got a load left. What else do you guys want?

I say 5 high quality laptops as portable backups because we have the cash, plus our own personal desktop like Gwolf said.

+1 Hi-quality Desktop- 800 (with 20% discount)
+5 Hi-quality Laptops- 7,125 (5% discount)

Do we have furniture? Like a bed, a refrigerator, etc? How much for a TV/large monitor? How much to stock the fridge full of food? How about an uninterruptable power source? A back up generator?
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »

A Question that could come in handy: do we own a Mobile Phone which we can program new "apps" onto? if no then how much for one?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2016, 03:24:25 pm »

Do we have furniture? Like a bed, a refrigerator, etc? How much for a TV/large monitor? How much to stock the fridge full of food? How about an uninterruptable power source? A back up generator?

no, bed is 1,000, fridge is 2,000, cabinets are 100 each, tv's are 500 to 2,000, 75 per week of food, back up generator is 2,500.

A Question that could come in handy: do we own a Mobile Phone which we can program new "apps" onto? if no then how much for one?

no and 500 for the phone
Don't eat ghosts, that's how we got into this mess to begin with.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2016, 07:09:46 pm »

Some suggestions from a friend: Chairs, tables, oven, lamps, desks, recliners, tesla coils because they look cool to add to the atmosphere, sheet metal, blinking lights to show that stuff is on, vaulted ceilings to hang the lamps from, and now my friend is suggesting lab coats and blown back hair for the aesthetic.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 01:25:34 am by somemildmanneredidiot »
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2016, 08:30:26 pm »

Some suggestions from a friend: Chairs, tables, oven, lamps, desks, recliners, tesla coils because they look cool to add to the atmosphere, sheet metal, blinking lights to show that stuff is on, vaulted ceilings to hang the lamps from, and now my friend is suggesting lab coats and own back hair for the aesthetic.
chairs are 15$ each, tables are 150$, oven is 4,000, lamps are 10$, desks are 50$, recliners are 100, 250 for tesla coils, 20$ for 3' by 3' slab of sheet metal, blinking lights are 50$ for 100, lab coats are 50$.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 29, 2016, 02:27:57 am »

Is it possible to combine the properties of Tesla coils and lava lamps? And perhaps have the entrance chamber consist of a retracting Faraday cage and have the room infested with giant plastic robospiders?
 Hrmm, I suspect that our furishings are getting a bit ahead of our means. Much of this can wait until we acquire our first proper lair...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 29, 2016, 06:46:26 am »

Lets see. Assuming this condo has a combined communal space (kitchen/dining/sitting room), a bathroom, a bedroom and an office we'll need the following:

Bedroom:
Bed + linens, wardrobe, chest of drawers, clothes

Bathroom:
combi bath/shower, toilet, sink, mirror cabinet, various hygiene supplies

Office:
Computer desk, server cage, cupboard x3, work bench, office chair x2, electronics tools, 3d printing supplies, electronics supplies

Communal Space:
Sofa, Armchair, bookcase, books, Large HD TV, Breakfast bar, chair x2, cupboard x4, oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, microwave, crockery for two, cutlery for two

I think that's it for essentials. Any extra you guys wanna add?

HugeNerdAndProudOfIt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2016, 09:59:50 am »

Lets see. Assuming this condo has a combined communal space (kitchen/dining/sitting room), a bathroom, a bedroom and an office we'll need the following:

Bedroom:
Bed + linens , wardrobe, chest of drawers, clothes

Bathroom:
combi bath/shower, toilet, sink, mirror cabinet, various hygiene supplies

Office:
Computer desk, server cage, cupboard x3, work bench, office chair x2, electronics tools, 3d printer, electronics supplies

Communal Space:
Sofa, Armchair, bookcase, books, Large HD TV, Breakfast bar, chair x2, cupboard x4, oven, hob, fridge/freezer, kettle, microwave, crockery for two, cutlery for two.

I think that's it for essentials. Any extra you guys wanna add?
current cash 175,500

total cost 12,500

total cash = 163,000

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »

Food, unless we want our first IC action to be a grocery store trip, which could be interesting. Two weeks worth should be good.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 18