Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 28174 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 1: Act 1
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2016, 09:36:12 am »

The thief would glance around at the other gods for a moment, realizing that they aren't going to decide on a world anytime soon. He'd decide to test his new, godly powers, conjuring up a recliner. He'd put his feet up, lying back into the plush red seat, and watch the other gods argue with interest.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2016, 10:10:18 am »

The toolbelt looks at the recliner and grumbles.

"...shoddy..."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2016, 10:19:16 am »

"I would like it for there to be some base metals, though you really should add a layer of dirt and or sand to allow plants to grow, alternatively you could have the moon be made out of nothing but precious materials and the planet it circles having a more natural amount of ore with mortals wishing to get to the material rich moon."
Or you could just have the plants grow directly out of the metal. We're gods. We could have gold trees that bear sapphire fruit and silver bushes with diamond berries.

"Kyuu makes a good point, you know. The more abundant a "precious" metal is, the less precious it's going to be. Maybe you just want shiny things though..."

Ceartas chuckles to himself

Leans forward as though getting a better look at Na Mé.

"Well then, you'd better get to work, hadn't you? don't want to keep us all in suspense, eh?"
"Givst thou mine permission to work my will upon the firmament?"

Ceartas shrugs, frowning

"You don't need anyone's permission, brother. I imagine, however, things will be cheaper if we work together. Your decision though."

The Library begins to come to "life", so to speak, and immediately (and silently) begins to work.

-at this point vimbr's face just screams "help me"-
Clearly, vimbr's memories of her(?) interaction with Amber cause her distress. Copy, then remove them.

Amber begins to calmly drink some of the tea that she did not pour onto herself her eyes closing her body shivering in some kind of delight and after finishing a few more gulps in q relieved tone her voice sounding lively and much less cracked and raspy.
"...I have not drank anything  in...so long."
Clearly, Amber's hibernation caused her(?) to feel unpleasant. Copy her memories of her time in the void, then remove the feeling of thirst from them.

Regardless of whatever the other deities do, create several Faithful, all next to each other in a cube-shape. Order them to reproduce.

Ceartas' frown deepens, his grip on his staff tightening.

"You are a sickening being, you know that? You create something, force it to worship you and ignore all other divine beings while giving it no agency.

Not only that, you're attempting to take very personal things from our fellows without permission and then altering it! What is your malfunction!?"

((DS has a point. Assuming worship rules are going to be similar to what they were, you'll get minimal - if any - Essence income from that.))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2016, 10:27:59 am »

"I would like it for there to be some base metals, though you really should add a layer of dirt and or sand to allow plants to grow, alternatively you could have the moon be made out of nothing but precious materials and the planet it circles having a more natural amount of ore with mortals wishing to get to the material rich moon."
Or you could just have the plants grow directly out of the metal. We're gods. We could have gold trees that bear sapphire fruit and silver bushes with diamond berries.

"Kyuu makes a good point, you know. The more abundant a "precious" metal is, the less precious it's going to be. Maybe you just want shiny things though..."

"Yes? That's what I said. Maybe pay attention when people are talking."

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2016, 10:31:25 am »

"Yes? That's what I said. Maybe pay attention when people are talking."

Ceartas laughs

"Maybe you should say something worth listening to."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2016, 10:48:51 am »

[Daemon Xylia, God of Nature]

A being walks forth into this world. Wearing a breastplate, and a chainmail byrnie. Fresh blood stains her armor and clothes.
She wields a bow and arrow, and has a sheathed sword.
"Nothing, I came early."
Xylia takes off the breastplate and byrnie. Then takes her sword, bow, and quiver. She puts them in a pile and sets fire to them.
The metal burns quite well. Xylia will use 2 Power for this.

"So..."
Xylia creates a lindworm (big serpent, venomous, has one pair of legs, no arms, no wings), three chains (60 meters) in length.
Spend 3 Essence doing so. Then she sits on it.
"What are your plans for creation?"

Edit: ((Changed the length of the lindworm.))
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:40:00 pm by Happy Demon »
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2016, 10:52:25 am »

"A sphere, a cube, a disc, non-Euclidian space and a planet made of shinies..."

Ceartas has a coughing fit

"... because someone is simple..."

"What are your thoughts? I'm Ceartas, by the by."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2016, 11:02:50 am »

"I am Daemon Xylia, call me Xylia.
I have a simple suggestion. A world tree, which all worlds must be connected to, in some way.
If it isn't, ze world will shrivel and die.
"
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 11:05:30 am by Happy Demon »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2016, 11:07:51 am »

"Some may interpret that as a threat.

Considering we have many gods who will likely benefit from the continued existence of any planet-like creations we make, a world tree seems quite unnecessary."

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2016, 11:18:04 am »

"If you make more planets, all but one will shrivel and die.
I have seen such worlds. 8 planets, only ze third has life.
"

"And if you do put life on those worlds, it will be inferior to ze main planet.
And why? Ze other planets will be worthless rocks (or gas balls). Even if zey manage to travel there, what will zey then do?
Isolation leads to stagnation.
"

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2016, 11:23:38 am »

"Extended isolation, certainly. If one of us notes another god is using a resource nobody else is using, I imagine they will stake their claim to that resource too. Any isolation will be temporary."

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:29 am »

"there are many universes that have many flourishing unconnected planets. as long as we take proper care of them they will be fine. not to mention there are more ways to connect planets than a tree."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

ShadowDragon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2016, 11:26:31 am »

"The world only being partially non-euclidean is a reasonable compromise. The shape of the world is irrelevant to me."
The Library begins to come to "life", so to speak, and immediately (and silently) begins to work.

-at this point vimbr's face just screams "help me"-
Clearly, vimbr's memories of her(?) interaction with Amber cause her distress. Copy, then remove them.

Amber begins to calmly drink some of the tea that she did not pour onto herself her eyes closing her body shivering in some kind of delight and after finishing a few more gulps in q relieved tone her voice sounding lively and much less cracked and raspy.
"...I have not drank anything  in...so long."
Clearly, Amber's hibernation caused her(?) to feel unpleasant. Copy her memories of her time in the void, then remove the feeling of thirst from them.
Visalash turns almost too fast for mortal eyes to see, resulting in several cameras pointing directly toward the Library.
"What the Hell do you think you're doing! Forcefully removing knowledge is utterly abhorrent. That information isn't even dangerous or secret, though that wouldn't make it much better."
Devote 2 Power to preventing the Library from modifying Amber or vimbr's memories, if necessary.
Support any world with significant non-euclidean areas.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2016, 11:36:50 am »

"Well, I'm not really a fan of complicated geography, sooooo...I'll throw my hat in for something that makes sense, alright?"

Support any world that's mostly Euclidean.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2016, 11:38:55 am »

"Twisting space can be an art.  I support this."

Support a mixed-Euclidean world.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25