Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Theater of the Void: IC (22/⊕֍࿃) Tick 3: The Race is on!  (Read 28133 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Theater of the Void: IC (Something/⊕֍࿃) Tick 1: Act 1
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 07:05:24 pm »

"I think the planet should be hollow with a disk world moon... I'm the God of fire and undead.....I think."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 07:06:39 pm »

"I do like the idea of a disc world".
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 07:09:49 pm »

-vimbr considers-

"a disc has its advantages, as long as there is space for me to work on the surface I see no reason to object."
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:14 pm »

"A simple spherical planet with a broken moon would be a better idea, disk worlds will only lead to issues later in existence."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2016, 07:16:30 pm »

"how so? a disc can be expanded and does not prevent the creation of later planets, or stars"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:18 pm »

"Disk world is easily expandable and easily adjustable."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2016, 07:21:58 pm »

"How about an utterly nonelucidian labrynthine local? Forests that curve in on themselves, trees hiding entire groves behind them. Caves with exits nowhere near where they should be, rivers that flow uphill. Canyons that are both larger, and smaller then they appear at once. Caverns where up is down and left is south. Grasslands that quite literally touch the sky. All places have their rules. None of them are alike. Geographically it matters not how it is shaped. Who even knows how large it really could be? Let us try something utterly New."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2016, 07:22:57 pm »

"How about an utterly nonelucidian labrynthine local? Forests that curve in on themselves, trees hiding entire groves behind them. Caves with exits nowhere near where they should be, rivers that flow uphill. Canyons that are both larger, and smaller then they appear at once. Caverns where up is down and left is south. Grasslands that quite literally touch the sky. All places have their rules. None of them are alike. Geographically it matters not how it is shaped. Who even knows how large it really could be? Let us try something utterly New."

"That sounds incredibly hard to industrialize! So it's a no from me"
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2016, 07:26:35 pm »

I believe a non-Euclidean space would be better suited to be some places ON the planet or a separate planet, rather than the first planet in its entirety."

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2016, 07:27:48 pm »

"Oh on the contrary. One might say it's easier to industrialize then an elucidian local. After all, if you build in the right place, one could utilize a location's unique attributes to significantly increase productivity. Assembly lines can create much more when you can fold miles worth of conveyors into the space of several feet."

tntey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2016, 07:29:34 pm »

"Oh on the contrary. One might say it's easier to industrialize then an elucidian local. After all, if you build in the right place, one could utilize a location's unique attributes to significantly increase productivity. Assembly lines can create much more when you can fold miles worth of conveyors into the space of several feet."
"While true, it would take to long to utilize"

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2016, 07:33:05 pm »

"False. It would take exactly the same length of time to utilize as it would take to utilize a similar span of elucidian space. As well as equivalent material costs. Simply more compact and might drive the unaquainted slightly mad."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2016, 07:34:37 pm »

Amber looks at  Vimbr the other fire god with slight curiosity feeling a slight similarity between them and approaches quite close almost in your face if you don't move away grabbing your hand and... Examining you carefully.
"....Who are you I feel a connection or... like we are perhaps similar?"

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2016, 07:37:28 pm »

-vimbr is a little freaked out.-

"well I'm a god of fire and life so ummmm......I guess?"

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2016, 07:38:24 pm »

"Having a disk world means it will likely be the only world in existence since whenever a god want's more land all they would have to do is make it on the same disk world, there should be more then one world for the possibility of interesting things to happen in the future, while a disk world would be good short term it would be bad long term."
"I like the idea but it should be limited to specific places on the world, otherwise it wouldn't be as special being the norm."
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25